Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
boredeasily

Floor Tile Crack. Any Remedy With Hdb Or Insurance? What Is The Cost To Retile?

Hi all renotalk forumers,

need your help here. two thirds of my living room tile just erupted, cracking like popcorn. i am told that the cause is due to ceramic tiles expansion, water seeping between the tiles and adhesive insufficient. in other words, wear + tear lah.

i tried going to hdb branch, but am told that only for punggol sengkang flats which are newer, do they provide tiles and therefore bear the cost. otherwise, it is homeowner's responsibility. hdb only provided tiling for the bathroom + kitchen for older units. can i check

1) is it true, or is the hdb officer mistaken? i can't check as i m 3rd owner, and the 2nd owners says she didn't reno the floor. is there any remedy insurance? or can i buy reno insurance to prevent this happening

2) how much it costs to retile? the living room + dining area space is abt 430 sq ft

3) how long it takes for such works? i heard it is 1 day hack, 1 day tile and 4 days to settle. is that true? means i hv to camp somewhere for 6 days? sigh....

rgds

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
1) is it true, or is the hdb officer mistaken? i can't check as i m 3rd owner, and the 2nd owners says she didn't reno the floor. is there any remedy insurance? or can i buy reno insurance to prevent this happening

My understanding, HDB officer reply is correct.

Is there reno insurance? I did not know has such insurance. Can share more information about this insurance.