Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chngster

3 Room Hdb - Maximum Reno, Minimum Budget

Hi Woods72http://m.ebay.com.sg/itm?itemId=151364299616

You try to see if this link works.

I doubt there's warranty. But cos it's like almost 3 times cheaper, I guess it's fine. Seller seems reputable too. eBay has a 14 day money back guarantee. Will post reviews on it once I tried. I shd get it by next week I hope.

Is it a direct replacement of your hdb lock set? Can recommend your locksmith guy to me? Planning to do the same setup as yours.

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Is it a direct replacement of your hdb lock set? Can recommend your locksmith guy to me? Planning to do the same setup as yours.

Thanks

Hi blackie

I've pm-ed you the details.

Today my window contractor came to measure my windows. I'm using my own contractor to do the windows cos it's cheaper than my ID. My ID also suggested to get my own contractor too as he also subs out to others. It's good to have such advise from ID who doesn't mind if u use another contractor. It's not like some ID/contractor who wants to earn on everything. He even said he would help co-ordinate with the windows contractor on the renovation schedule.

In general windows and grilles contractor can be easily found and would usually be cheaper than contractor or ID. That is if the contractor or ID that you hire has this item as their own trade. Also usually windows and grilles doesn't affect the rest of the items that you are renovating. It's pretty much quite independent. The only thing that will affect is probably if u are tiling the walls in the kitchen or toilets. Otherwise once your hacking (if any) is done, they can pretty much start anytime.

I got my window contractor from this forum. Quite reputable and despite not having a website, he does have a FB page to showcase his projects. Pricing is pretty much competitive but for reliability and workmanship, I guess paying more is fine. I even got him to do glass doors for both my toilets. I wanted to let him do my rubbish chute cover too, but he declined as he advise it's better to let my ID cover it for better interfacing. Another contractor who gives good advises and not try to earn as much as he could.

Hi hi ... can email me your windows contractor contact to hazeltanww@gmail.com? :)

Thank you!

Hi peeps

the first of the 2 locks has arrived. The Samsung 717 model. Ordered on the 16th Sept, arrived 24th Sept. Took about 8 days. Its in a nice and good condition. Comes with accessories and 2 key tags and even batteries. But it also comes with all full Korean manual. Thankfully the seller emailed a fully english translated one. Will be doing a testing when the other lock arrives as I can only install 2 months later.

Day 1

All the floor tiles and wall tiles have been hacked. Didnt manage to witness the opening hack as was recalled back for work. Pretty fast job as all the toilet and kitchen fittings were all taken down too. Mon will be hacking the walls between the kitchen and living as well as the walls of the store-room

IMG 2797

Day 3 of renovation

The hacking guys have hacked down the wall between the kitchen and the living room. They also took down the walls of the store-room. All these were down within half a day. When i went over to check during lunch, they were already packing up to go home. Super efficient in clearing the debris too. They even help to handle the complaints and enquiry from the neighbours and told them that they will be done with the hacking within 3 days.

My ID manage to get some panaromic views of the hacking too.
Edited by chngster

Arrival of the 2nd digital lock

This digital lock took a week longer than the first one that arrived. Nevertheless, package was recieved in good conditions complete with manual (Korean though) and 4 key tags. Will only be installing it when the door is up. Will be doing a test though once I can get hold of the English manual.

Hello! I see that your are waiting for the hacking permit :)

I am under going renovation myself and if you feel that they are taking a bit too long to approve especially reaching the 14th day mark, do call hdb and ask them to try to "hurry a little" haha

Mine was dragged on for more than 14days :( then after I called, within 3 days it was approved.

Good luck for your reno and I really like your digital lock!

But I cannot bring myself to trust it yet but I do hope one day I find the courage to believe it is trustworthy haha ;)

Hello! I see that your are waiting for the hacking permit :)

I am under going renovation myself and if you feel that they are taking a bit too long to approve especially reaching the 14th day mark, do call hdb and ask them to try to "hurry a little" haha

Mine was dragged on for more than 14days :( then after I called, within 3 days it was approved.

Good luck for your reno and I really like your digital lock!

But I cannot bring myself to trust it yet but I do hope one day I find the courage to believe it is trustworthy haha ;)

hi RLB

Thanks. Actually my permit was pretty fast. The permit to hack all the exisiting wall and floor tiles took 1 day (ID said 3 days). To hack the walls took 4 days (ID said 7 days). So I guess everything came pretty smooth i say. Actually hacking works, took only 1 and a half days to complete.