Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chngster

3 Room Hdb - Maximum Reno, Minimum Budget

Sharing some idea for ur case.

561C939C-5450-4AE9-A1B8-5F326D2C1E16_zps

Hi Kimsim,

I have the same layout as this. Based on your drawing the master toilet can put a bathtub?

I have measure at my place, if i open a new door for the common room as what is show in the drawing.

I am left with very little space for the TV console at the living room, in fact only 1.1m

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I have exactly the same thinking with you after running here and there islandwide and lastly feel that TB price is more attractive :)

I'm looking for sanitary and lighting as well.

You buy from Taobao or Taobao SEA for using NETS and local CC as payment method?

Which forwarder are you using?

How much they charge?

Any tips to share when shop at TB?

Day 17 of renovation

House is still going thru the long process of water-proofing and cement screeding. It really takes a long time as they need to be dried and processed and adding more waterproofing and waiting for it to dry again. So is the cement screed process. They need to smoothen the walls and floors and then let it dry and do touch up. It shd be done by this week where they will lay the kitchen and toilet floor tiles. Hopefully all will be in schedule.

In the mean time, we went to another phrase of renovation. Shopping at TaoBao. Finally the long awaited shopping for sanitary fittings and lightings. I spend almost 2 months going thru many shops almost in the whole of Singapore. IMM, geylang, jalan besear, balestier. And honestly the prices are about the same throughout the shops but quite atrociously priced above TB. So we took the leap of faith of maybe poor quality and bad service. But what the heck, I save almost 60-70% so who cares. The most I chhange my lightings and fittings every 1-2 years since its so cheap. Haha. Below are my list of items I bought.

- kitchen sink with tap (free gift of stainless steel dish drainer, wooden chopping board and a 6 set knive set.
- master bath toilet bowl ( free gift of toilet paper holder and toilet brush)
- master bath wash basin with tap
- 2 towel rail
- toilet paper holder
- 3 stainless steel floor trap
- 2 rain shower sets
- washing machine tap
- 4 ceiling lights with remote control
- 2 tracks with 10 track lights
- set of 3 pendant lights.
- 2 toilet lights
- chalk wall wallpaper
- doorbell
- and a box of Lego for the kids.

Total damage - $1380. I bought them if wed night, and according to the tracking numbers, all have been delivered to my shipping warehouse. Only left the kitchen sink as they will only deliver next wed. So keeping fingers cross and all that will be delivered smoothly.

For those that are interested to buy from Taobao, here's a good news. They have open up to Singapore market. They actually accept NETs and credit card payments now. Don't need to go thru agents anymore if u know how to do it. They also have shipping to Singapore as well but I figured they won't be cheap. Just need to arrange your own shipping if you have one. I'm using Amcon as most of the forummers here are doing.

Good luck to all that are considering shopping at Taobao.

Hi Kimsim,

I have the same layout as this. Based on your drawing the master toilet can put a bathtub?

I have measure at my place, if i open a new door for the common room as what is show in the drawing.

I am left with very little space for the TV console at the living room, in fact only 1.1m

Hi Woods

Technically you can put a bathtub. But from what I understand, may need HDB approval and a PE endorsement. The PE endorsement is the one that may cost you quite a bit. It's due to the loading of the unit whether it can take the weight of the bathtub. I have seen a design that has a bathtub. Shd not be much of a problem. Just the PE endorsement. Might cost about 1.2k just for that signature. Hope your ID has a good and cheap one to recommend.

As for the TV console, unless u custom make. It not most TV console is at least 1.2m and above. Plus if you getting a 40 inch TV, it's already about 1-1.2m in size. So overall look might seem a bit out of scale. Unless you getting a smaller TV, then proportionately looking shd be ok.

Hi,

I have exactly the same thinking with you after running here and there islandwide and lastly feel that TB price is more attractive :)

I'm looking for sanitary and lighting as well.

You buy from Taobao or Taobao SEA for using NETS and local CC as payment method?

Which forwarder are you using?

How much they charge?

Any tips to share when shop at TB?

Hi HKNDNDaniel

I'm buying from TB SEA. You can actually choose eNeTS from most of the local banks in Singapore. Credit card wise I think they only accept DBS cards.

I'm using Amcon as my forwarder. Charges as below

- RMB $ 550 / Cbm2

- Documentation $35

- GST 7% base on your value of items

Basically just have to be more hardworking and see thru the reviews and their ratings. Most of the items I chose are usually the more reliable sellers with those Crown or Diamond ratings. I also look out if they have Gold Medal awarded to them. If possible try to buy items from the same seller. It's more for packing and saving space to buy more items. Usually most of the prices are not much difference, maybe just $2-3. Do take note big items you need to arrange with them to send to Amcon warehouse if you are using them. Cos some items like my kitchen sink and WC don't help to send. You need to arrange and they may charge for additional courier charges as these items are actually self-collection at their designated collection points. Small items are not an issue.

There's also a real-time internet chat where you can communicate with them or if you have any queries.

But if you are still not sure on how to manage the buying and arrangement with the forwarder, I can give you a contact where everything can be done for you. Somewhat like an agent, but everything will be done from buying to delivery to your house. Of cos at a small fee.

Thanks! the new trap given by HDB is so ugly =X

Haha. My place was suppose to go thru HIP, I went to opt out of everything. Even the officer at the desk said that we shouldn't take the items given since we are renovating cos it won't go with any styles at all..

Hi chngster, could you share the link for the kitchen sink? I am looking for a deeper one. Thanks.

Photos of some of the things i bought on TB

Hi chngster, could you share the link for the kitchen sink? I am looking for a deeper one. Thanks.

HI coyote

This is the link of the shop.

http://leivi.tmall.com/shop/view_shop.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.304.FzOa4Z&user_number_id=761765908

Their depth about 200mm. But just a note if you are buying from them. They charge extra if you want them to be delivered to the forwarder. About RMB 55 more. Paid seperately. And they say will take about 5 days before they send it out from their warehouse. So thot you might want to know.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link. Have you started using the sink, how's the quality?

Not yet, my stuff are still sailing across the sea haha. I will write about all the stuff once I have them. So far from the pics it looks quite classy. I was choosing between this and another brand called Kraus. Kraus is from amazon, and very classy too. But together with shipping its about $600 odd. So I guess the TB one beats them in price haha. Kraus is deeper at 220mm. Heres the link if you want to compare.

http://www.amazon.com/Kraus-KGD-412B-Single-Granite-Kitchen/dp/B00E6SP5FW

Think you have found a good alternative to the more expensive one. Btw which taboo agent are you engaging?

I'm using Amcon. Since now can buy direct from TB, no need to pay agent fee. Plus Amcon's charges are pretty much reasonable if buying a lot of things and bulky items.