Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chngster

3 Room Hdb - Maximum Reno, Minimum Budget

Actually do you have THAT many clothes so much so you need a walk-in wardrobe at the expense of a storeroom? My take is throw away clothes you dun wear for more than 3 months, you will realize you have only a need for that one wardrobe. it's a fanciful idea with a walk-in but unless you have space in your home, I suggest do without, keep your storeroom and it will prove much more handy.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Actually do you have THAT many clothes so much so you need a walk-in wardrobe at the expense of a storeroom? My take is throw away clothes you dun wear for more than 3 months, you will realize you have only a need for that one wardrobe. it's a fanciful idea with a walk-in but unless you have space in your home, I suggest do without, keep your storeroom and it will prove much more handy.

Unfortunately the storeroom has already been hacked and gone. That was the debate me and my wife had about the storage. Actually the walk-in is for all family members including the children. And not all walk-in space is wardrobe. Quarter of it is actually a cabinet for storage purposes. Plus we are also going to have platform beds to stash stuff that we have to keep and can't throw for sentimental reasons. We don't really like to keep stuff at home, having the store only gives the wife more excuse to hoard stuff that we don't need.

The kitchen tiles are finally here. Tiler has been busy last 3 days fixing up the kitchen tiles and the base for the kitchen cabinet. Now he's doing the skirting round the house and then tomrw would be the base for the kitchen island. After which, the carpentry will be coming to measure all the carpentry.

IMG 0222

IMG 0193

The first batch of TB items are here. Most of the items look good. Nice and simple. Here's some of the photos.

IMG 0207

Washing machine tap. Looks good and solid stainless steel. However the floor trap can't be used. Apparently the floor trap in china is a smaller size. Oh well, it's only $4 so i guess its fine. But if anyone wants a small size stainless steel floor trap, can PM me haha

IMG 0209

MBR basin and tap. I must say the tap seems pretty huge. Guess will only see the effect after installation

IMG 0212

IMG 0213

Next up, door bell. Battery operated so no need wiring.

IMG 0210

The kitchen sink is in a wooden crate. I got no tools to open. But here are the accessories. Very cool looking tap which comes with a chopping board, stainless steel drainer and 6 piece knife set as free gift

IMG 0219

IMG 0220

Will post other items another time as some of it are still in crates.

And also sink to hob at least need a distance from 600-1200mm in between the gap,

43E30395-0942-4236-ACBE-05A2B72B0E1C_zps

Hi, is this rules to follow or something?

where can i get more details on this?

thanks

thanks

If you read more Taiwan program would be learn more, Feng shui very particular on hod & sink.

Face to face = argument

Hod or sink face window = broken pocket money

Distance too close to side by side also not good.

thanks

I don't think there's any requirements on this. As for feng shui, I'm not a fan of it, so can't advise much.

• Like 1

Today is confirmation of all carpentry works. This is like after a week of designing and changing and re-working out the final costs of all the carpentry works. Finally came to an agreement of design, practicability and cost to satisfy all conditions. Painting of all the rooms are done. Last minor touch-up for the painting once the carpentry is up

The kitchen walls are givenan application of epoxy to the cement screed walls. Its effect something that you either hate it or you will love it. Its due to the reaction of the epoxy together with the air and mixture content of the cement screed. The fine hairline cracks will be visible, the patching works especially to the corner of the walls and ceilings will all manifest. Its either you love the natural look if you are really into industrial feel, or you will hate it cos you think its dirty and patchy. Personally, for me it's a love/hate relationship. Have to wait till my wife see and comment on it.

Next 2 weeks is no work. Just fixing up the vinyl floor strips. It will be 2 weeks of delivery of the rest of the items to be installed in the house. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

This guidelines are called 'kitchen triangle' it facilitates the cooking experience.

You can either google it or view my past T-blog.

chnster, your reno is looking good. Gd luck to all.

thanks

Hi

If you are interested to share pool for Taobao buying, please PM me. I have a shipment from Amcon that is only 20% filled. Can split cost if you also don't have enough items to fill the standard crate.

Hi Chng

After reading your post, I had made up my mind to go ahead with the kitchen island.

I am getting my resale 3 room too.

Care to share with me the length & breath of your kitchen island & your dining table ?

Many thanks.