Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chngster

3 Room Hdb - Maximum Reno, Minimum Budget

Hi Chng,

Congratulation on your new house!

Im pretty new in this forum. Just placed deposit for my new place and has since been hooked on renotalk for past 3 weeks..! As is my 1st house, I'm really quite loss on how to go about with reno.. Ive learnt a lot from all the fellow "renoster" here...Haha it means reno-monster (is compliment ya!) coz I am soooo amaze by you people on the way you guys buy things from TB and JB! :wub: But at the same time, the more im reading the forum, the more stress I am... :(

I have contacted 4 designers and waiting for their quotations... I am keen to buy some lightings, facets and shower sets etc from TB too... Can you advise when is the good time for me to order and to receive the goods? Currently I do not have place to store them...Also, how do you know what sink size to buy? I mean I see that your kitchen cabinet is not up yet..ehhh...how you know if it will fit nicely?

Hope you can share some advice...TIA!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Chng

After reading your post, I had made up my mind to go ahead with the kitchen island.

I am getting my resale 3 room too.

Care to share with me the length & breath of your kitchen island & your dining table ?

Many thanks.

Hi Fozie

Sorry for the late reply. I have been busy with the house fixing and the final parts of it. My island is 800 x 2100. the table is another 1400. so if you add up its about 3500 in length total. We initally wanted to do a 5000 length extending it to the living room but realise it might be a little too much for a 3 room. Will be installing the table top tomrw. so once everything is up, i will post the photos up. Thanks for following it

Hi Chng,

Congratulation on your new house!

Im pretty new in this forum. Just placed deposit for my new place and has since been hooked on renotalk for past 3 weeks..! As is my 1st house, I'm really quite loss on how to go about with reno.. Ive learnt a lot from all the fellow "renoster" here...Haha it means reno-monster (is compliment ya!) coz I am soooo amaze by you people on the way you guys buy things from TB and JB! :wub: But at the same time, the more im reading the forum, the more stress I am... :(

I have contacted 4 designers and waiting for their quotations... I am keen to buy some lightings, facets and shower sets etc from TB too... Can you advise when is the good time for me to order and to receive the goods? Currently I do not have place to store them...Also, how do you know what sink size to buy? I mean I see that your kitchen cabinet is not up yet..ehhh...how you know if it will fit nicely?

Hope you can share some advice...TIA!

hi pinkoverdose

basically u need to plan your schedule. I can only say its a good time to start sourcing your items now. i took about 2 months to find reliable sellers and finding out what i need. so once your id is confirm, get a schedule from them. from there u can plan when to buy and when they will arrive. and also minimize the time needed for storage. I can recommend my id who can help to buy TB stuff and plan the storage and delivery time. as for the sink, you can buy any size, when the time for you to do the kithcen cabinet, give them the dimensions of your sink and they will cut the hole according to your size.

Hi Chng,

Thank you for your reply.

Wahaha your ID so good?? Order TB loots for you? I am trying to keep just 4-5 quotations...getting too many will only make me more confuse... :wacko:

But no harm to pass me your contact though :sport-smiley-004:

Btw, can share share your reno cost and the work done? :D Any updated pix of ur house?

Hi chngster, do you mind sharing contact of the installation of the digital lock? I too want to get from eBay as the local sellers are selling so high. Please share with me the installer and also the other who also sell and install. Thanks