Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gwong84

Can I Place The Partition As Plan?

Hi all,

i have just creat an account just for asking experts like you guys, you see, recently i have just purchase a HDB 3 room flat and was very very curios to place a partition/divider on my living room as when my main door open, it can see the window if there is no partition/divider...

can it be placed in this way? the dining tables will be behind the partition/divider.

for example: when wind blow in my main door, then block by partition, the wind go into my kitchen as my kitchen does not have any door, is it okay??

QGL0Bnw.png

Edited by gwong84

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

the purpose of partition is to prevent passer-by to look into you place? or to prevent 'qi' from going directly out of the window?

if you have fengshui concern, its best to consult a fsm, different house require different fengshui treatment.

good luck...

风来气来.

风从哪里来?

问一问邓丽君 :notti:

Divider 'blocks' unwanted onlooke peep for sure, also obstructs wind flow/light.

But, what are fans and aircons for?

Why need consult fsm for such little thing?

Divider meant for segregate/decorate......within 'big space'.

Anyway, 3 rm, very big meh?

Won't you find it 'tie hand tie leg'?

When you are buying a house, whether it is an apartment or landed, you would firstly be looking at the location of where the building is, the state of the building itself and its neighbors, the surrounding landscape (how healthy the trees are, if the gardens are flourishing), the roads, and the look (not the type) of the people staying there etc.

And 我以为, only when these are positive then you would proceed to consider the apartment or landed.

A building is a living structure; where it is architectured with little consideration over lighting and ventilation, it would degrade far faster than its surrounding buildings. One would feel unease when walking into this kind of building; dark and gloomy, suffocating etc.

I don't practice 风水, but after years of experience and observation, it occurred to me that a good house invariedly is well located, in a healthy building surrounded by other well-maintained buildings, landscaped with majestic healthy trees and gardens, populated by people who look very relaxed and contented etc.

And as for a landed, it wouldn't matter if the existing house is to be torn down and rebuilt. For example, an abandoned landed is always a caution, and so is one where the seller has faced financial difficulty. Those of you who built houses before, would have experienced that for a house with lesser surrounding, its reconstruction would almost always problematic, and there could be some close encounters. And naturally, some of the most pantang people I met are none other than building contractors.

我以为, It is unlikely that one could engineer the best 风水 for an apartment when the 风水 of the building itself is bad. And when you feel great inside a new unrenovated apartment, please don't make it dark and suffocating.

And by the way, how many of you actually leave the main door opened when you are at home?

Just my 2-cents thought.

Cheers!

it's to prevent qi from going directly out of the window.

My arguments:

- See coffee shop toilets, partitions/divider here and there, right? Prevent 'qi' going out? Block view !

- See massage parlour, also many partitions right? Why? Block view !

And by the way, how many of you actually leave the main door opened when you are at home?

Quenching your thirst, my main door always open big big. Need to breath, why?

The 4 walls + flooring+ ceiling make me feel living as if within a cave!

FYI, before married, there were a couple of nights, sleeping in hall with door open big big waiting for ah long for nego.

When was a child,my landed property which i resided had 4 doors accessing in/out the house.

Hi,

I'm not a fsm but i've taken a keen interest on the topic for the past year. I've learnt some basics from the feng shui videos at: www.academy.idv.tw

Based on your 3R floor plan, it will be cramp to put a partition wall at the proposed place. Although u solve the 穿堂风, u will affect human flow (以不影响动线为主). With the partition, when u entered, u will need to turn and see fridge in kitchen immediately which is 破财, instead of seeing straight into living area. The 玄关 u are trying to create with the partition needs a certain space allowance from the door, else its 开门撞壁. For 3R HDB, we dont have the luxury of creating a good 玄关.

I understand that there are always remedies if the house is small and u can't build the partition wall. One method is hang thick curtains/blinds (不透光) and close it 'permanently' on the side that faces the door (i.e.the curtain/blind need close the portion at least same width as door to avoid 穿堂). Based on your floor plan, half of the window in living area will have to be blocked with the curtain/blind and the other half open for lights/ventilation. Alternative is put a pot of leafy plants (or fish tank or crystal cave) at the window facing the door to 聚气.

If you are a firm believer, it would be good to engage a trustworthy fsm for a peace of mind. Hope it helps.

Just to add on, 穿堂风 is straight. If blocked by partition, no such thing as u-turn to kitchen. However, according to my understanding, it's better to have a door for kitchen for fengshui purpose (singles to attract spouse/for married people, spouse will then prefer to go home).

Just to add on, 穿堂风 is straight. If blocked by partition, no such thing as u-turn to kitchen. However, according to my understanding, it's better to have a door for kitchen for fengshui purpose (singles to attract spouse/for married people, spouse will then prefer to go home).

Do you know the 风水 rationale for the kitchen door?

TIA!