Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shannie

An Unexpected Journey

Hi all,

Have been hesitating and finally decided to start a t-blog to document our first renovation journey.

We collected our keys back in April 2014 and spent 3 months meeting close to 10 IDs/contractor. We confirmed the last ID we met as we were too tired of the process and we thought they have the qualities and experience that we needed.

We confirmed our ID on 13 July and works officially started on 1 Sep.

Here's our floor plan. It is a 4-room premium BTO in the north east.

FloorPlan.jpg

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Reno works to be done

Living room

Overlay floor with HERF

Craftbrick wall

Full height divider

Full height shoe cabinet

Kitchen

Overlay floor with HERF

Tall unit for built-in microwave & oven

1 top mount cabinet

2 floor standing cabinets with Kompacplus worktop

Clear glass swing door with solid wood frame

Common Bathroom

Overlay wall tiles

Framed mirror in laminate finish

Aluminium louvre bi-fold door

Master Bathroom

Overlay wall tiles

Fixed shower panel

Framed mirror in laminate finish

Vanity cabinet with solid top

Aluminium louvre bi-fold door

Master Bedroom

Full height casement door wardrobe

Chest of drawers with pigeon holes & clear glass top

Mirror above the drawers

Solid nyatoh door

Common Bedrooms

Full height casement door wardrobe

Solid nyatoh doors

Edited by shannie

Shannie,

All the best for the renovations. Am camping here to see read/see more of the outcome for your haven.

Your MBR space is same as my future place, very keen to see how your designer place your Wardrobe and Bed... :thumbs up:

Shannie,

All the best for the renovations. Am camping here to see read/see more of the outcome for your haven.

Your MBR space is same as my future place, very keen to see how your designer place your Wardrobe and Bed... :thumbs up:

Thanks!

Our wardrobe and bed will be placed against the 4445mm wall, have to compromise wardrobe space as we didn't want to hack any walls.

Hi Shannie,

Care to share the dimension for the cabinet, the amount you've to pay for this renovation.

You can PM me too,thanks alot.

Visited the site today. Here are some photos of the progress so far. The photos aren't very clear as it was taken by my hubby's phone camera.

Our brick wall! :wub:

IMG_5092.jpg

Bases for kitchen cabinets

IMG_5089.jpg

IMG_5086.jpg

Common bathroom overlay

IMG_5094.jpg

IMG_5093.jpg

Master bathroom - preparing for overlay

IMG_5090.jpg

Edited by shannie

ID just informed us that they will be doing the carpentry measurements tomorrow and ask us to confirm no further changes required. Asked for revised 3D drawings and they will only send them to me tonight.

So far works have been ongoing and we have not received any progress updates from our ID at all, is this the norm? Reno is moving too fast too furious and we are not even aware of what is happening as we can only visit the site on weekends.

It depends ...

Some ID just do accordingly and while some will update whenever some work is done, think you can speak to your ID regarding this

I will advise to check the house every 2 days if possible thus if any wrong, easier to rectify it.

For carpentry, they will usually ask you confirm as once fabricate it will not be possible to change unless paying extra if I am not wrong.

Its important how you want to plan the interior (Compartments). Will advise you gg through and know what each part is for to prevent any surprises.

Please do share the 3D pictures if you can.

ID just informed us that they will be doing the carpentry measurements tomorrow and ask us to confirm no further changes required. Asked for revised 3D drawings and they will only send them to me tonight.

So far works have been ongoing and we have not received any progress updates from our ID at all, is this the norm? Reno is moving too fast too furious and we are not even aware of what is happening as we can only visit the site on weekends.

It depends ...

Some ID just do accordingly and while some will update whenever some work is done, think you can speak to your ID regarding this

I will advise to check the house every 2 days if possible thus if any wrong, easier to rectify it.

For carpentry, they will usually ask you confirm as once fabricate it will not be possible to change unless paying extra if I am not wrong.

Its important how you want to plan the interior (Compartments). Will advise you gg through and know what each part is for to prevent any surprises.

Thanks for the advice! I just assumed they will send me photo updates of the progress but none so far. Now I know it is not the norm. We try to visit the house on one weekday but can only see what has been done but not check on workmanship as the house is in total darkness. Haha.

:bangwall:

Edited by shannie

Didn't have time to update t-blog regularly. Reno is almost completed!

Really happy to see everything come together.. It looks and feels more like a home now. We haven't shop for appliances and furniture yet.

Some photos to share...

Divider at the entrance

IMG_5314.jpg

Shoe cabinet

IMG_5320.jpg

Kitchen door

IMG_5319.jpg

• Like 1

Left side of kitchen

IMG_5315.jpg

Walkway

IMG_5316.jpg

MBR toilet

IMG_5318.jpg

MBR wardrobe

IMG_5317.jpg

Hubby is currently away on biz trip, will share after we take more photos this weekend! :)

• Like 1