Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking at the negative feedback, I am quite startle. Upon contacting the various movers and finally deciding on Vimbox Movers then, I was not aware of the existence of this forum until today when I recommended Vimbox Movers to my colleague for his move. I truly appreciate the efforts and hard work from Vimbox Movers. Henceforth, I am writing in for peers in this forum to re-evaluate the quality of services delivered by Vimbox Mover.

I have engaged Vimbox movers recently. Despite the tight schedules, Vimbox Movers was able to properly plan my move for me, not only with the information required for the moving day but also having packing materials arranged almost immediately ensuring that I am able to move to my new apartment on the specific date. 
From the point of contact with the consultant, Jonathan, accessing my moving needs, and the accessibility of both venues. It resulted in a fixed quotation as per agreed on. I have read reviews on sudden incremental quotes when moving but this did not happen when I was moving with Vimbox. 
Next would be the coordination for the packing materials and the move. The delivery of packing materials was a little conflicting on schedule, but Vimbox was accommodating to my schedule and delivered the packing materials as per to the date stated. 
Lastly, would be the day of moving. Before the date of move, Vimbox Movers gave me a call to remind me of the scheduled move, which I felt them being thoughtful (or maybe it's just me being inexperienced in moving). When the movers arrived, they were so professional and brief me through the moving process. They then move my furniture and items to the lorry. I moved into my new apartment successfully. 
Post-move was a breeze. The items move are all damage-free. 

Once again, I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU~ to Jonathan and his team, not forgetting Vimbox Movers for having some an awesome team and providing me with a smooth move.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 2/5/2019 at 12:32 PM, LeAnn456 said:

I’ve used Vimbox to store my belongings before I moved. Lost 3 items (Sheridan Bath and Hand towels and a hand stand mirror). I’ve checked and re-checked for the items from all the boxes and found them missing. On TOP of that, someone used my bicycle as the seat post had been repositioned and wasn’t locked. There were also cigarettes butts found in one of my boxes. Very disappointed in the level of service rendered. I expected none of my belongings would have gone missing or used while in storage. Not to be taken advantage of by their staff. 

Hi LeAnn456

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. We're normally known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed the mark.

My name is Alfred. and I am part of the Vimbox management team. If you'd like to discuss this further, please contact me at  alfred.ong@vimboxmovers.sg  with the information below, and we would be able to get back to you within 3 working days to work something out for you.

Information Required: 
1) Your full name and date of move. 
2) Reference or Quote Number located at the top left-hand side of the quote. 
3) The name of the consultant in charge of your move.

Thank you.

Regards,
Alfred Ong

I’ve used Vimbox to store my belongings before I moved. Lost 3 items (Sheridan Bath and Hand towels and a hand stand mirror). I’ve checked and re-checked for the items from all the boxes and found them missing. On TOP of that, someone used my bicycle as the seat post had been repositioned and wasn’t locked. There were also cigarettes butts found in one of my boxes. Very disappointed in the level of service rendered. I expected none of my belongings would have gone missing or used while in storage. Not to be taken advantage of by their staff. 

Vimbox is still as horrible as before!!! They have not improved ! My family and I had very bad encounter with Vimbox just a few months ago. I didn't realise there were  honest reviews about Vimbox in this forum before engaging their service. I foolishly engaged their service based on those super good reviews collected on their Facebook. A big mistake on my part trusting those good reviews on their Facebook alone. My washing machine n furniture were damaged by them during the move. They did not bring materials to protect my items instead they just used those carton boxes which we have left over from our packing. Items that we didn't mark for moving  they moved for us. Some of the items which we marked for moving, they left them behind. If you are prepared to risk your furniture and items being damaged by them or risk some of the items not being moved according to your plan, u can go ahead to engage their service. Otherwise, stay away from Vimbox

On 9/3/2016 at 1:26 PM, zaza88 said:

To all looking for house movers in Singapore, if you have come across the following website for

"The 5 Best House Movers in Singapore":

http://www.thebestsingapore.com/services/the-best-house-movers-in-singapore/

Don't trust their recommendation (as Vimbox Mover is one of the Best ;) ) because these are paid advertising, see the link below:

http://www.thebestsingapore.com/advertise-with-us/

The best way to research the best house movers in Singapore is through "words of mouth".  Ask your friends, colleagues and relatives

for recommendation who have the great house moving experience . Next, is to check online review on that house mover which you intend to use.

Most of the time, the online reviews that you have found online are genuine and accurate. Usually, people will go online to voice their frustration

(I'm one of them) when they had a bad experience with a particular home mover. In general, people with good house moving experience usually

will not bother to go online to give positive reviews (if you see some of these positive reviews, you also have to take what they say with a pinch of salts).

The rules of thumb is if there are too many bad reviews about a particular house movers, then most likely that's the fact.

Just like to add some supporting help and tips of screening home movers in Singapore.

Checking before hand and clarifying some of these pointers will definitely help..

For movers:

1. Check for business license 
  2. Ask for years of experience
  3. Ask if workers/project is insured?
  4. How they protect your fragile items?
  5. What if you are unhappy with the end result -- what work will they do to make good of the work?
  6. Got protection/compensation for damages?

For site and survey:

1. Do they charge for surveying the area?
  2. Ask for quotation and breakdown on charges

Hope these articles help! 

On 7/23/2015 at 10:09 PM, AHALIM15 said:

I had very bad experience with them too. I took leave on Monday for their site survey. They never turn up. Next day I called, Michael picked up and confidently said my name is not in their to do list for yesterday. I arranged for another meeting today at 8pm. I rushed from my work to meet up with them. As my confident level is low I called Michael he picked up my call but kept quiet. Despite of my 3 more calls and an sms I heard nothing from them and truly enough they never treat us professionally. I just wonder what will happen should I engage them on my moving day??? As they never learn their lesson we should boycott them. I have no problem arranging appointments with ECS, KNT and Shalom. Can we report this to CASE?

Similar lousy experience with these cheats.  Yes, I'm in the process of reporting them to CASE  - I want to get these cheats black-listed in Singapore.  

I've already spread the news on the public notice board of my Condos.

I absolutely agree with Zaza88's review of Vimbox.  Terrible, bunch of con-men.  Here's my nightmarish experience with these jokers:

Vimbox Movers is an absolute con-job of a company and the guy by the name "BEN" is the Chief Con Officer of their dump-house.

After scheduling a moving date and sending across a signed contract, with a clear list and snapshot of inventory, this moron, Ben, confirmed a time for the scheduled date.  I called him twice in the interim period to confirm the date and time.  I also signed up for their packing and unpacking services.  All along, this idiot Ben gave me assurances of "all will be done on time".  I had noticed poor reviews on Yelp and questioned him regarding the same.  His response: "It was written by one of our competitors!"  Lie # 1.

I also re-confirmed that his crew would be bringing all required packing materials, and do the required packing.  Ben confirmed the same.  Lie # 2.

On the said date, the guy calls up 1 hour before the scheduled time and says, "we are late by an hour".  Fine, I said!

His "crew" of a grand total of two people lands up around 2 hours late.  WITH ZERO PACKING MATERIAL.  And having no clue of the inventory required to be packed (recall I'd sent a full inventory list + snapshots to Chief Con Officer, Ben).  After a couple of heated exchanges with this slime-bag, Ben, he bails out of the contract and refuses to move - saying, "we can't pack because we don't have any packing material".  We ended up packing stuff ourselves, hiring Go-go Van and moving our stuff.  All at the very last minute (our lease had ended and we had to move).  Nightmarish experience with these fools.

Bottom-line: PLEASE DON'T USE THESE CHEATS FOR MOVING!  Better off paying a little more and hiring a good mover.   All the negative online reviews on Yelp, this forum etc is bang-on right about Vimbox being a cheat.

I believe there are enough people in this forum and others with such a negative experience with this mover: I STRONGLY encourage everyone to file a consumer complaint to get this company blacklisted in Singapore.

On 9/8/2016 at 11:07 AM, VimboxMovers said:

Hi Zaza88, 

First and foremost, I would like to sincerely apologise on behalf of Vimbox Movers for the terrible incident that you have experienced 2 years ago. I am truly sorry that you had to experience such an incident. 

I am part of the Vimbox management team and I was a sales manager in Vimbox 2 years ago when that incident happened. One of my customers called me last night and informed me that this thread about Vimbox is being circulated. As part of the management, it is my duty to do my due diligence and also take measures to improve the company's overall performance in terms of how we service our clients, how to execute our jobs, basically find problems and solve them.

I cannot stress enough on the fact that we insist that we come up with some form of compensation in order to put this ordeal behind us and also as a token of our sincerity to you. We truly value all of our customers. 

With that said, I would have to do a little bit of digging in order to find your details that is crucial to this episode. We would really love to right our wrongs from the past. We take it in our stride to ensure that all our customers are satisfied with our service. We have started this campaign to right our wrongs from the past in early June this year before the anniversary of our incorporation date and honestly, we have reached out to a few clients who were put in a position whereby Vimbox could not accommodate to their needs. 

In this particular case, it would not be too difficult to look into your case since it was so specifically laid out but it is protocol for us to fact find prior to taking action. We really seek your kind understanding at this point in time to assist us to help you.

If I may ask, could you PM me your full name and the details of the job as mentioned above as well as either one of the following:-
1) The signed document for acceptance of our quote;
2) The reference number located in the email exchange or on the top left hand of your quotation;
3) The name of the consultant in charge of your move;

Better still, if you could email me directly at alfred.ong@vimboxmovers.sg

WIth the information above, we would be able to get back to you within 3 working days and we hope to be able to work something out for you.

Once again, I sincerely apologise on behalf of Vimbox.

Sincerely,
Alfred Ong 

Hi Zaza88, 

I hope this reaches you. I am still waiting for your reply with regards to the details that Vimbox would require to get to the bottom of the issue as stated above. We look forward to hearing from you. 

Sincerely,
Alfred Ong

On 2/24/2016 at 7:15 PM, kaeden said:

Yes. I made the mistake of contacting VIMBOX before realising there are substantial negative feedback online.

The calls to VIMBOX's publicised contact no. often went unanswered. When it was finally attended to,  a male staff at the end of the line was totally impatient, rude and inexperienced in providing relevant info/advice required in response to the move query. The best was after some miscommunication from the staff, he could even blame me for causing it and telling me to "go find other movers" before slamming down phone. In essence, their call service comprised of answering the phone (after repeated calls) and abruptly ending it midway according to their whim /preference.

Well, I did contact 3 other moving services and NONE displayed any attitude or outcome remotely similar to that from VIMBOX staff. If VIMBOX couldn't even manage frontline calls professionally and had to react in such juvenile manner, I doubt the service standards of its movers and/or personnel would be any better.  

And yes, I am glad the staff's outburst offered a glimpse into their service delivery.

Hi Kaeden,

I sincerely apologise for what happened. For this incident, we acknowledge that it happened from the numerous feedback that we have gotten whenever the lines go through to one of our EX-STAFF. We are truly sorry that you had to experience that. 

We have since taken serious actions to mitigate such acts from happening and we monitor the feedback of our customers religiously. The person mentioned above since then has left the company. We truly appreciate such feedbacks from our customer. If you have any more feedbacks, kindly email me at alfred.ong@vimboxmovers.sg

Thank you.

Regards,
Alfred Ong 

On 7/23/2015 at 10:09 PM, AHALIM15 said:

I had very bad experience with them too. I took leave on Monday for their site survey. They never turn up. Next day I called, Michael picked up and confidently said my name is not in their to do list for yesterday. I arranged for another meeting today at 8pm. I rushed from my work to meet up with them. As my confident level is low I called Michael he picked up my call but kept quiet. Despite of my 3 more calls and an sms I heard nothing from them and truly enough they never treat us professionally. I just wonder what will happen should I engage them on my moving day??? As they never learn their lesson we should boycott them. I have no problem arranging appointments with ECS, KNT and Shalom. Can we report this to CASE?

Hi AHALIM15, 

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that our team have caused you. We have gotten numerous feedback such as yours over the years and we have taken strict measures to curb such an incident from happening. We have since improved on our overall sales system as well as our booking system. 

Each respective managers of the sales team will have an overview of their sales team location and attendance will be updated post appointment. With this measure in place, we are able to better manage our clients expectations as well as our teams performance. If you have any more feedback, you could email me at alfred.ong@vimboxmovers.sg and I will attend to you within 24 hours. Vimbox really values our customers and we hope to be able to assist you.

With that said, I hope that moving forward, you would give Vimbox Movers another try and see for yourself how the company has improved overall. 

Thank you.

Regards,
Alfred Ong

Hi Zaza88, 

First and foremost, I would like to sincerely apologise on behalf of Vimbox Movers for the terrible incident that you have experienced 2 years ago. I am truly sorry that you had to experience such an incident. 

I am part of the Vimbox management team and I was a sales manager in Vimbox 2 years ago when that incident happened. One of my customers called me last night and informed me that this thread about Vimbox is being circulated. As part of the management, it is my duty to do my due diligence and also take measures to improve the company's overall performance in terms of how we service our clients, how to execute our jobs, basically find problems and solve them.

I cannot stress enough on the fact that we insist that we come up with some form of compensation in order to put this ordeal behind us and also as a token of our sincerity to you. We truly value all of our customers. 

With that said, I would have to do a little bit of digging in order to find your details that is crucial to this episode. We would really love to right our wrongs from the past. We take it in our stride to ensure that all our customers are satisfied with our service. We have started this campaign to right our wrongs from the past in early June this year before the anniversary of our incorporation date and honestly, we have reached out to a few clients who were put in a position whereby Vimbox could not accommodate to their needs. 

In this particular case, it would not be too difficult to look into your case since it was so specifically laid out but it is protocol for us to fact find prior to taking action. We really seek your kind understanding at this point in time to assist us to help you.

If I may ask, could you PM me your full name and the details of the job as mentioned above as well as either one of the following:-
1) The signed document for acceptance of our quote;
2) The reference number located in the email exchange or on the top left hand of your quotation;
3) The name of the consultant in charge of your move;

Better still, if you could email me directly at alfred.ong@vimboxmovers.sg

WIth the information above, we would be able to get back to you within 3 working days and we hope to be able to work something out for you.

Once again, I sincerely apologise on behalf of Vimbox.

Sincerely,
Alfred Ong 

To all looking for house movers in Singapore, if you have come across the following website for

"The 5 Best House Movers in Singapore":

http://www.thebestsingapore.com/services/the-best-house-movers-in-singapore/

Don't trust their recommendation (as Vimbox Mover is one of the Best ;) ) because these are paid advertising, see the link below:

http://www.thebestsingapore.com/advertise-with-us/

The best way to research the best house movers in Singapore is through "words of mouth".  Ask your friends, colleagues and relatives

for recommendation who have the great house moving experience . Next, is to check online review on that house mover which you intend to use.

Most of the time, the online reviews that you have found online are genuine and accurate. Usually, people will go online to voice their frustration

(I'm one of them) when they had a bad experience with a particular home mover. In general, people with good house moving experience usually

will not bother to go online to give positive reviews (if you see some of these positive reviews, you also have to take what they say with a pinch of salts).

The rules of thumb is if there are too many bad reviews about a particular house movers, then most likely that's the fact.

Edited by zaza88
add more info

Why do you want to risk your house moving by giving another chance to Vimbox Movers?

They are many many other better and trustworthy home movers out there in Singapore. Don't take chances with Vimbox!

To be honest, I did not read the reviews here before my contractor recommended Vimbox. I just recommend Vimbox Movers to my inlaws and got quite a shock when she told me that there were really bad reviews about the company. 

Because I really appreciate the hard work that Vimbox gave me and for the sake of everyone in this forum, we should really give Vimbox a second look. I believe that the above might have taken place but I also believe that they learnt from that experience. The people at Vimbox that I spoke to was really pleasant and as much as I was being very long winded, he was very patient or rather just listened. 

Arranged an assessment, Jonathan came, did his job, explained to me what to expect and he sent me a quote within the next 2 days. The day Vimbox movers came to shift my items, it was also very pleasant. To be honest, they did a really great job. Everything was out of the house in less than 2 hours, and off they went. A few days after, I received the list of items that i have stored with them. 

So overall, I honestly had a good experience with Vimbox Movers. And I would seriously recommend their services. Once again, thank you Vimbox Movers. 

Ps/ the price is actually quite favourable, and I would say, ask them for their Facebook Discount. Told my inlaws the same thing :)

• Like 1