Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
9tails

Any feedback on Living Gaia Interior

On 11/8/2015 at 10:48 AM, chalkboard said:

I agree. Neutral experience with this ID firm. Sat down during a fair and gave the ID my floorplan. No quotation nor message for clarification. He wasted my floorplan and I wasted his namecard lol.

Lol should send the ID a msg and ask for your floorplan back.

Edited by alpha79

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Got my place done up by Livinggaia about a year ago after checking out their booth at a fair. Unfortunately, things went quite awry right from the start.

The ID whom we spent hours discussing our floor plan and design left the company a couple of weeks after we signed the package and we were given a replacement "senior ID".

Turns out the "senior ID" did not perform a proper handover from the previous ID and we had to do everything from scratch again. Worse of all, the she did not seem to be experienced enough to understand the concepts that I wanted for my place. After a series of delays and misunderstandings, we finally got the job done (after lots of additional costs and time) and I was ready to let the matter rest out of goodwill.

Recently, I realised one of the window panes in our yard had a crack in it. We looked through the initial contract and noted that workmanship and material was covered by a 2 year warranty so we contacted Livinggaia to help us with the replacement. Their project manager and vendor came down to take measurements and reassured me that followup will be done. A month later, the cracks were worsening and I have not heard back from Livinggaia, so I called the project manager to check out what was going on with the follow up. The project manager reassured me that he was looking into it and will reply me in 2 days. After another week without a call, I called him again and he finally told me that in the final draft of the contract they had included the clause that glass and mirrors were not included in the warranty (the clause was not present in the initial draft of the contract I signed).  I rejected his offer to contact the vendor to proceed with the repair because I did not want anymore further delays.

A few points to note here:
1) What you sign up with them initially may not be what you get. IDs get changed regularly (I heard my replacement ID also left the company shortly after) and contractual clauses get changed along the way.

2) Follow up and service recovery is very poor. Delays occur with regular frequency and promises to get back to you will not happen unless you contact them yourself.

Hope this helps in anyone seeking feedback for the company.