Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wyx03

5 Rm Bto @ Costa Ris

Juz collected the keys today. Did some auspicious 1st door opening ceremony such as rolling in pineapple, spreading rice/salt at corners, etc. Took measurement of all the flooring dimensions and briefly inspected for defects. Nothing major except a hair line crack on one of the wall at dining area (need to check with ID if that's normal though), and a broken light switch in the bomb shelter. Took some photos to share with those who are still waiting for their key collection but can't wait to see how their new home looks like

Floor plan

gallery_62932_509_57473.jpg

gallery_62932_509_173345.jpg

gallery_62932_509_235357.jpg

gallery_62932_509_243611.jpg

30/12/2014: Edited to consolidate all photos due to limitation in gallery, and updated with post-reno photos. Feel free to pm me if you need photos at certain places in the house.

Edited by wyx03_2002

• Thanks 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

30/12/2014: All photos in this page have been consolidated in post #1

Edited by wyx03_2002

Edited by wyx03_2002

Edited by wyx03_2002

Hi, got your key already? I m from blk 524B. Have your started your reno?

Juz returned home from Harvey Norman and got a Hitachi fridge. They offer very attractive price during this 2days 'crazy sales' promotion. Doing some online survey now on the Sony TV and latest Direct-drive Hitachi washing machine. Might go again if the specs and features are good.

Got the hitachi fridge and direct-drive washing machine from HN. Still undecided on which Sony TV to buy...

Pls share if you have any good deal :) Thx

Edited by wyx03_2002

Went for defect inspection with my ID today. Spotted many that need HDB to rectify. Was told to wait for HDB's update in 1~2 weeks time, which means my reno will be delayed. Left only less than 6 weeks for my reno :(

Here are the defects spotted and reported to HDB:

1) > 1M hair line crack on the wall next to dinning area

2) Scratches on the main door

3) Broken light switch in bomb shelter

4) Uneven mosaic tiles in both WC

5) Uneven wall tiles in MBR WC

6) Sharp edges between uneven tiles in MBR WC

7) Hole along MBR WC door frame due to insufficient cement

8) >5 cracked tiles in common WC

9) Uneven mosaic tiles in common WC

10) Rusted common WC's door frame

11) Broken circuit breakers' catch in DB box

12) Flaky and cracked paint on the service yard's wall

13) Terribly low water pressure. HDB explained that they will increase the pressure once more residents started occupying the flat.....hope that's true :rolleyes:

Received TMall online purchase packages yesterday. Opened every box to inspect for defect, especially 2x basins (38x52cm), 2x mirrors (60x80cm & 45x60cm), 2x T5 tube's LED lights, 2x toilet mirror LED light bars, 50x LED downlights and the SST kitchen sink. So lucky that all of them are in good shape. Tested a few low-profile 12W LED downlights and the 15W T5-tubed LED lights. Very satistified....bright, evenly spread light and didn't get as hot as expected after turning them on for few hours :yeah:

gallery_62932_509_107193.jpg

gallery_62932_509_104428.jpg

gallery_62932_509_96092.jpg

gallery_62932_509_4557.jpg

Continued from yesterday unfinished discussion with my ID on the details of the reno items, such as the design theme, design and layout of cabinets, wardrobes, materials, etc. Total time spent was about 6 hrs....so thankful for his patient and flexibility :good:

Nothing much can do from now on other than waiting for the notice from HDB after they rectified the defects, which involves cracked and uneven tiles... :(

Continued from yesterday unfinished discussion with my ID on the details of the reno items, such as the design theme, design and layout of cabinets, wardrobes, materials, etc. Total time spent was about 6 hrs....so thankful for his patient and flexibility :good:

Nothing much can do from now on other than waiting for the notice from HDB after they rectified the defects, which involves cracked and uneven tiles... :(

waa..6 hours..if in the end his quote is not what you want and you choose another Id..i think he will be very sad..keke :)

we already signed up with him. I think we have spent more than 20 hrs in discussion since we 1st met him at his office on 8/18. Other than buying a car and our existing HDB flat, we have never spent so much on our hard earn $$....so better be long-winded before signing the reno contract :D

But, we did turn down one very good and sincere ID from DnT after a ~5 hrs discussion. We liked her style, but too bad that it took her ~2 weeks to respond on our 1st draft quotation due to her on-going projects. We felt so guilty and sorry after deciding to drop her :bow:

Nothing new to update now while waiting for HDB to rectify the defects. So, spent time at home testing all the LED lights bought from Tmall...so far all good. Still got 30pcs of 12W LED downlights to test.....

Congrats wyx03_2002 on collecting your key. Me also just collected but we r not neighbours =P

Do you mind sharing the link for the light switch, mirror led light bar and the square shape lighting. You ship through a forwarder or agent? Me wanna buy from TB but worried items shipping will be costly or damage.