Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wyx03

5 Rm Bto @ Costa Ris

I am sure things will work out especially if you do to his bidding. If I am in your shoes, I will not allow any unjust treatment, be it to us or to the ID.

One cant simply remove agreed discount unless there is major violation on the agreed agreement. If one fail to deliver, then be prepare to bear the aftermath.

Last time is 忍一时风平浪静,退一步海阔天空

Nowadays is 忍一时自己痛苦,退一步失足无助

Edited by OceanEleven

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, I bought the same bidet. You need to get a connector to install the tap. Our existing pipe is 18mm, that tap smaller than 18mm..You won't be able to put in the tap into the water pipe.

Received TMall online purchase packages yesterday. Opened every box to inspect for defect, especially 2x basins (38x52cm), 2x mirrors (60x80cm & 45x60cm), 2x T5 tube's LED lights, 2x toilet mirror LED light bars, 50x LED downlights and the SST kitchen sink. So lucky that all of them are in good shape. Tested a few low-profile 12W LED downlights and the 15W T5-tubed LED lights. Very satistified....bright, evenly spread light and didn't get as hot as expected after turning them on for few hours :yeah:

gallery_62932_509_107193.jpg

gallery_62932_509_104428.jpg

gallery_62932_509_96092.jpg

gallery_62932_509_4557.jpg

Hi, from your description it seems like the ID walk away cause you start sourcing for your own items then letting them source for you , as i believe they do mark up the price from vendors. in this case the ID don't earn as much as she/he planned.

Generally ID earn 20-30% of the quotation in total excl product markups.

Good luck on your Reno. Hope it goes well.

If you dont mind , pls PM me the ID.

Thanks

I am sure things will work out especially if you do to his bidding. If I am in your shoes, I will not allow any unjust treatment, be it to us or to the ID. One cant simply remove agreed discount unless there is major violation on the agreed agreement. If one fail to deliver, then be prepare to bear the aftermath.

Last time is 忍一时风平浪静,退一步海阔天空

Nowadays is 忍一时自己痛苦,退一步失足无助

In order to avoid further dispute and delay the reno schedule, me and wife have agreed to let him remove the $3.3k reno discount of our $69k reno cost, and revised a new quotation. We don't seem to have much choices because we have to handover our existing flat to new buyer a week after the scheduled reno completion date.

Hi, I bought the same bidet. You need to get a connector to install the tap. Our existing pipe is 18mm, that tap smaller than 18mm..You won't be able to put in the tap into the water pipe.

Thx for the heads-up. Will check it out when I am back from US this weekend :)

Hi, from your description it seems like the ID walk away cause you start sourcing for your own items then letting them source for you , as i believe they do mark up the price from vendors. in this case the ID don't earn as much as she/he planned. Generally ID earn 20-30% of the quotation in total excl product markups.

Good luck on your Reno. Hope it goes well. If you dont mind , pls PM me the ID. Thanks

Nope....we went to other source in the late evening after he walked away from the afternoon discussion. We've got no choice because I have to leave town the next day for 2 weeks.

PM'ed you the details. Feel free to share if you have any advice for us. Thx

Hi so sorry to hear that your contractor can just withdraw the discount just like that. 70k is a lot of $$.

Mind sharing (pm) with me the company so I can avoid.

Your tao bao purchases looks good must be a lot cheaper den in Spore. Which forwarder you use?

Can share with me the link for mirror, mirror led lights?

Hi mitchiko,

PM'ed. We are not too particular with the $70k reno cost for our new home. After all, it's the place our family spend most of the time and we are willing to pay for it. But, the whole reno just turned into our nightmare, having to deal with surprises and excuses, despite our compromises to many that below our expectation....Anyway, life goes on. Just can't wait to fix some of the workmanship defects and end the nightmare before new year.

Here are the links to the mirrors and LED lights.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=12760660869&spm=a1z09.2.9.239.6As0uM&_u=bvr2rgb1cf5

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=40276000970&spm=a1z09.2.9.291.6As0uM&_u=bvr2rgb5c97

I may go for my 3rd round of Taobao purchase when I am back in town next week. Will order these button holders to hold the mirrors. Pls share if you know where to get these locally. Thks!

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.185.OTYI2n&id=39180559057

Just realized that my ID sealed the power socket behind the cabinet at study area when I need to use it. Could someone recommend a realiable electrician to shift it out from behind the cabinet?

Other than the power socket, has anyone seen the whitish cement-like substances on the bathroom flooring after the reno? They are hard-coated and not removable even we tried hard to scrub them with metal brush. Thks...

gallery_62932_509_12906.jpg

Just realized that my ID sealed the power socket behind the cabinet at study area when I need to use it. Could someone recommend a realiable electrician to shift it out from behind the cabinet?

Other than the power socket, has anyone seen the whitish cement-like substances on the bathroom flooring after the reno? They are hard-coated and not removable even we tried hard to scrub them with metal brush. Thks...

gallery_62932_509_12906.jpg

Did ur contractor clean up the house before hand over?most probably you need to do acid washing on that stubborn cement like stains.You can buy your own acid and dilute it with water.Use mask and glove and you are good to go.Be warn,it might corrode your toilet fittings if you over use indulge in the acid washing

Hi Freakerz,

It stated "chemical wash after completion -$300" in my quotation, but I believe my ID didn't do it since he 'washed hand' after 80% payment. Lots of pebbles and dust in both bathrooms. Tiny drips of paint all over 3 mahogany-colored HERF flooring in 3 bedrooms :(

I will probably DIY, but where can I buy those acid and any recommended water-acid dilution ratio? Don't want to damage the flooring tiles cement. Thks!

Hi Freakerz,

It stated "chemical wash after completion -$300" in my quotation, but I believe my ID didn't do it since he 'washed hand' after 80% payment. Lots of pebbles and dust in both bathrooms. Tiny drips of paint all over 3 mahogany-colored HERF flooring in 3 bedrooms :(

I will probably DIY, but where can I buy those acid and any recommended water-acid dilution ratio? Don't want to damage the flooring tiles cement. Thks!

Hey there,

Sorry to hear the mess that your ID left you,i will check with my cousin and see if he has leftover of the acid and pass to you .

the dilution will be 2 caps of acid to 1 big red pail of water..Mop over the stain and use the brush broom if the stains is on tiles,for your HERF flooring just use sponge and water to clean as the paint shud be water based. Toilet tiles,need to do it asap and cant leave the solution too long as it will 'eat' into the toilet fittings and groutings.

Since the chemical wash was stated in your quotation, you should get your ID to complete it or refund the $300 right? Do you mind sharing the name of your ID? Thanks!

PM'ed. I will share more workmanship defects with photos with everyone here when I have time later. Found surprises almost everyday or alternate day after living here for a month. Never ending to take photos, touch up and fix those recoverable defects.....