Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vainwallfloral

Diy Industrial Metal Pipe Curtain Rod

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You mean like those found in Ikea or Spotlight?

Things you need to consider

1. length of curtain

2. Weight of curtain

3. What type of curtain?

4. Day + Night?

The length and thickness of the rod and the weight of the curtain are important factor to consider if the metal will sink down over period.

I diy too. My curtain are 6kg each side, full length, living room. My rod are at least 1.7mm thick.

You mean like those found in Ikea or Spotlight?

Things you need to consider

1. length of curtain

2. Weight of curtain

3. What type of curtain?

4. Day + Night?

The length and thickness of the rod and the weight of the curtain are important factor to consider if the metal will sink down over period.

I diy too. My curtain are 6kg each side, full length, living room. My rod are at least 1.7mm thick.

Hi Donfan, thanks a lot. Do you have any photos to show me?

I am looking at this kind of rod >>>

swwu-diy-industrial-pipe-curtain-rods-02

Hi Vainwallfloral, did you get the picture off the internet or it is actually what you have at home (in Singapore). It looks like 1/2" galvanized water pipe and elbow (with a coat of paint).

I only cannot tell you where to get the flange that mounts to the wall.

Hi Vainwallfloral, did you get the picture off the internet or it is actually what you have at home (in Singapore). It looks like 1/2" galvanized water pipe and elbow (with a coat of paint).

I only cannot tell you where to get the flange that mounts to the wall.

Sorry for the double post, not sure why it refuse to let me edit my first post. Anyway, you can get the pipe & elbow from piping hardware shop (normally in industrial park). They can cut the pipe to your desired length. But I think it is easier with the Ikea or Spotlight off the shelve design.

W7_lee is right. This is just galvanised steel pipe. Easy to get. I even seen it at hardware stores. Just buy the length and join.

I suspect Loft or so call industrial design are difficult to maintain in the long. Say 10-20 years.