04.To supply and install sprayer at 2 toilets.:$200

05.To install accessories and mirror at 2 toilets.:$100

@Mirror and accessories excluded

D) LIVING;DINING HALL($1750)

01.To design and fabricate laminate cabinet below window.:11ft x $100=$1100

02.To supply and install wood shelve at MCB cabinet.:$200

03.To supply and install clear mirror at entrance.:$450

E) MASTER BEDROOM($1720)

01.To design and fabricate laminate sliding wardrobe at master bedroom.:6ft x $220=$1320

02.To supply and install 2pcs mirror for wardrobe .:$400

H) OTHERS($2100)

01.To supply and install aluminium grilles for whole house.:$900

02.Painting for whole house.:$1200

TOTAL:$14830

is dis reasonable quote?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

From my own reno experience, i think the quote seem to have a few double-charge or ambigious item,I think maybe the quoted jobs is too little and the renovator think the margin is not worth it thus they do a "dbl-charge" ? Maybe you need to seek clarity from your id/contractors?

Your renovation dun seem to be doing alot of things but seem to be abit more than what i paid.

The above is just my personal opinion, perhaps you could look for more id/contractor for better pricing.

Just curious, is this a bto or resale flat renovation you are doing.

A) KITCHEN($7250)
01.To construct 2 sets cabinet base.:$600 <-- abit to expensive liao, for just the washing machine and fridge ? maybe you need to indicate the dimension ?
02.To design and fabricate laminate cabinet.:31.5ft x $100=$3150
03.To supply and install soft close hinges.:$400 <-- double charge item, this should be taken care in A02
04.To supply and install quartz top.:20ft x $110=$2200 <-- not sure the price?
05.To supply and install dish rack.:$100 <-- double charge item, this is usually a foc item when you do cabinets.
06.To supply and install double bowl sink and tap.:$350 <-- double charge item
07.To install cooker hood.:$50 <-- double charge item
08.To supply and install PD door.:$400 <-- no coments on this
@Cooker and hood excluded <-- is this going to be additional charge ?

B) SERVICE YARD($550)
01.To supply and install sliding window.:$550 <-- better for you to indicate size

C) MASTER AND COMMON TOILETS($1460)
01.To supply and install storage heater.:$400 <-- have you tried asking the store you bought the heater to quote ?
02.To construct shower kerb for 2 toilets.:$260
03.To supply and install fix panel glass at 2 toilets.:$500
04.To supply and install sprayer at 2 toilets.:$200 <-- have you tried asking the store you bought the heater to quote ?
05.To install accessories and mirror at 2 toilets.:$100<-- maybe you can try getting a handyman to do all the installation,

02.To supply and install wood shelve at MCB cabinet.:$200<-- not sure what is this, better for you to include more details like specs ?

E) MASTER BEDROOM($1720)
01.To design and fabricate laminate sliding wardrobe at master bedroom.:6ft x $220=$1320
02.To supply and install 2pcs mirror for wardrobe .:$400 <-- are they providing a full-length mirror, if not seems to be double charge

H) OTHERS($2100)
01.To supply and install aluminium grilles for whole house.:$900 <-- how many ft run,
02.Painting for whole house.:$1200 <-- this is abit high, maybe you need to check how many coats of paints and what paint they are using, colors combination etc.

is dis reasonable quote?

Edited by lookaround

From my own reno experience, i think the quote seem to have a few double-charge or ambigious item,I think maybe the quoted jobs is too little and the renovator think the margin is not worth it thus they do a "dbl-charge" ? Maybe you need to seek clarity from your id/contractors?

Your renovation dun seem to be doing alot of things but seem to be abit more than what i paid.

The above is just my personal opinion, perhaps you could look for more id/contractor for better pricing.

Just curious, is this a bto or resale flat renovation you are doing.

hi lookaround my flat is costa ris 4 room BTO flat premium with tilings and doors from HDB..

A) KITCHEN($7250)
01.To construct 2 sets cabinet base.:$600 <-- abit to expensive liao, for just the washing machine and fridge ? maybe you need to indicate the dimension ?
--i dun intend to put fridge and washing base.
--1st cabinet base meant for top and bottom cabinet that have the sink, tap as well as cooking hob and hood
--2nd cabinet base meant for having bottom cabinet only and a full length cabinet for built in oven.
--im not sure wads the dimension is though.. i will upload floor plan.
02.To design and fabricate laminate cabinet.:31.5ft x $100=$3150
03.To supply and install soft close hinges.:$400 <-- double charge item, this should be taken care in A02
-- i will ask them regarding this
-- however the total prices for cabinet and soft close hinges is cheaper than wad i get from other IDs, other IDs quote me the cabinet price more expensive and giving the soft close hinge as free item.
04.To supply and install quartz top.:20ft x $110=$2200 <-- not sure the price?
-- cheapest so far is solid top 70 to 75 sgd per feet, granite top 95 to 100sgd per feet, 110 to 120sgd per feet for quartz iquartz top.
05.To supply and install dish rack.:$100 <-- double charge item, this is usually a foc item when you do cabinets.
-- i do agree with u to why they charge me for this item. as told by my ID the dish rack cabinet does not come with a dish rack. if they were to supply and install its 100sgd.
06.To supply and install double bowl sink and tap.:$350 <-- double charge item
-- the double bow sink is and tap is made out of stainless steel, i have not surveyed outside for the pricing.
-- is the price too much for supply and installation at 350sgd??
07.To install cooker hood.:$50 <-- double charge item
-- i do agree its double charge.
-- i shall get the hob, hood and built in oven package and ask if the supplier for free installation.
08.To supply and install PD door.:$400 <-- no coments on this
-- PD door is the door to be installed at kitchen entrance. its come with partial see through glass door.
--other IDs quote me 380 to 400sgd for PD door.
@Cooker and hood excluded <-- is this going to be additional charge ?
--im hoping to get from supplier for a hob hood and built in oven and to ask for a free installation.
B) SERVICE YARD($550)
01.To supply and install sliding window.:$550 <-- better for you to indicate size
-- i do not have the dimension. i will provide floorplan.
C) MASTER AND COMMON TOILETS($1460)
01.To supply and install storage heater.:$400 <-- have you tried asking the store you bought the heater to quote ?
--my ID is supplying and install a JOVEN 25L storage heater comes with the piping if needed.
-- i surveyed outside it cost only 230sgd for the JOVEN 25L storage heater. is 400sgd by my ID for supply and install very expensive??
02.To construct shower kerb for 2 toilets.:$260
03.To supply and install fix panel glass at 2 toilets.:$500
04.To supply and install sprayer at 2 toilets.:$200 <-- have you tried asking the store you bought the heater to quote ?
--according to my ID he mentioned that the sprayer is not those normal using straight from the piping, he will extend the piping thus making it a separate piping that comes with its own valves.
-- supply and install for these with piping valve and sprayer is 100sgd per toilet. is this expensive??
05.To install accessories and mirror at 2 toilets.:$100<-- maybe you can try getting a handyman to do all the installation,
-- my ID told me its for unlimited no of accessories to be installed in the toilet thus he quote me 50 sgd per toilet.
-- i might want to DIY for this part.
02.To supply and install wood shelve at MCB cabinet.:$200<-- not sure what is this, better for you to include more details like specs ?
-- this is just to put 3-5 plywood shelves in the below part of the MCB cabinet making it look like a shoe rack shelves.
-- other IDs quote me free for this while others ID quote me 250 to 300sgd.
E) MASTER BEDROOM($1720)
02.To supply and install 2pcs mirror for wardrobe .:$400 <-- are they providing a full-length mirror, if not seems to be double charge
-It is a full lenght mirror.
- I decided to put only for 1pcs. i wanted a black glass kind of material.
H) OTHERS($2100)
01.To supply and install aluminium grilles for whole house.:$900 <-- how many ft run,
-- this is for the whole house, i shall provide you with the floorplan.
02.Painting for whole house.:$1200 <-- this is abit high, maybe you need to check how many coats of paints and what paint they are using, colors combination etc.
-they provide me with 8 types of colors and 1 white color for ceiling. ICI wall paint.
Extra info:
10 sgd for installation of 1 lighting point.
30 sgd for new lighting point/power point.
50 sgd for concealing of lighting point.
Fee such as haulage, hdb permit is all in.
whole house acid wash after completing is all in.
They also quote me for mitsubitshi heavy industry (4 system) that come with 3/5 ticks for energy savings for 3900sgd, supply and install.
i believe those normal mitsubitshi starmex has 2/5 ticks for energy savings.

Hi guys dis is another quotation which u get from a fellow forummer ID

1) To supply and install 38.5ft kitchen cabinet(including abs trimming and anti-slam hinges)
(Free dish rack and glass door at dish rack area) $3,850
2) To supply and install 20ft Iquartz top at kitchen bottom cabinet $2,000
3) To supply and construct cabinet base $350
4) To labour install kitchen sink $40
5) To labour install cooker hood and toilet accessory including spray jet $FOC
6) To supply and install sliding window at service yard $550
7) To supply and install whole house window grille $900
8) To labour install storage heater $100
9) To supply and construct 2 shower kerb at 2 toilet $250
10) To supply and install 1 shower panel $250
11) To supply and install 11ft low cabinet **** hall $1,100
12) To supply and install 3 shelve at mcb $FOC
13) To supply and install black mirror at entrance $450
14) To supply and install 6ft glass sliding door wardrobe at master bedroom $1,440
15) To supply and install covelight and false ceiling **** hall $980
16) To supply and install 1 side covelight at master bedroom $150
17) To supply and lay 10 lighting point (including labour install lights) $300
18) To labour install 9 lights $180
19) To supply and install glass backing between top and bottom cabinet $400
20) To labour install 2 basin at 2 toilet $80
Is this a better quatation.??

Its quite reasonable..u wan cheaper always can do so by finding contractor indiviidually but its all about luck..if lucky then reno will be smooth..u wan cheaper m sure ID can also give u cheaperm...they just use cheaper material maybe..

• Like 1

hi everybody,

i just had me BTO in woodlands done up by my contactor. i can say my contractor did a good job for me. contractor is willing to hear what you say and fits to your demand. reasonable quote also. do PM me for my contractor number. :)

Cheers!