Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LynaChong

Any Recommendation For Good Movers?

Hi guys,

Is there movers for small item like bed and a side table only?

Yes, definitely. All movers will not reject any business irregardless is small or big. I've used Soon Seng to transport dining set, superb service. I've already engaged them for my house moving in July.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I recently experienced with alezmovers, thier services are really quicker and safer and they also done services with affordable prices. I prefer alezmovers and I hope you like thier services.

movers tampa
tampa movers

I don't understand.

Is the movers industry sooo competitive?

When I was moving stuff from my previous flat to EBC Storage, I used Promise Movers. They are 'partner' with EBC and was recommended by them. The day the manager came to my house, he seemed friendly and started talking about his experiences in the industry to a point where it was becoming boastful. When I told him that the only other quote I was planning to get is from Shalom, he assured me that theirs is the cheapest and even tried to smear them indirectly. He made me sign up with them on-the-spot. However when Shalom's quote turned out actually cheaper by more than a hundred dollar, I asked him to reduce his. Not sure if it's for the reason, his attitude was not exactly bad, but he became even more reticent and evasive to some of my queries and requests later.

Being a details and highly organised person, I'd stayed till 3am the day before the move, to label, organise and even numerised each box carefully. I'd told him specifically what I did and how they should be careful with esp those labeled "Fragile'. I don't think he actually listened as he started telling long stories (again) about his 'experiences' and how he's handled even more expensive items; serving 'high net worth clients'..etc

I vividly remember the day he and his men came to my house. My gosh....it was like some Japanese soldier had just raided! Without asking, checking, any warnings, they 'got to work' immediately. They were so 'efficient' that more than half of the 30 odd boxes were literally swept up in minutes. Just imagine, even those labeled 'Fragile'. I saw them turning up few such boxes and it was like I could hear the crack in my heart! I got so mad and had to shout to get his attention to put a stop to it! He also showed displeasure although he didn't say it, when I said I was going to take a ride with them to the warehouse. Throughout the journey, he got to his stories again and unguarded, I only realised the sacarsam and snide remarks that he actually was making to me :angry:

He said that his men are all locals, v experienced...been with him many years..etc. Yes, indeed they were 'so experienced' they were actually 'rough-handling' my stuffs. My marble coffee table was not even wrapped and left on the floor in the warehouse for months!.It was only brought to my attention, paded and polywrapped by Shalom movers when I hired them to move it out last month. I also saw his men 'thumping' and throwing my boxes instead of stacking them up according to the numbers I'd painstakingly labeled. okay never mind that, at one point one of them even threatened " you want space or you want us to pack nicely'? I was like 'what kind of threat is that'?! I merely replied nicely : " Bang, I want space and I want it packed nicely also!' :rolleyes:

When I moved my stuff out from the warehouse, I used Shalom - the only issue I had with Shalom was that they are rather rigid about 'moving dates'. There's charges for every date change. So you have to be very sure about your 'moving date' when you use them.

But otherwise, two thumps up for Shalom Movers! Very professional, careful movers. You won't be disappointed! Look for Zack! And this time, they even took turns to squeeze behind the trucks in order for me to sit comfortably in front. :)

Use Promise Movers at your own risk! Now, there are very obvious, badly scratches on the edge of my marble coffee table...sigh!

• Like 1

We have always Citimap and have arranged for them for our 5th move in June. Alan from Citimap came over at about 3pm yesterday to give us a quote and 2 hours later, boxes, tapes and bubble wraps were delivered.

For our other 4 moves (from one rental to another 2002, 2004, 2006, and to a HDB in 2008), Kenny sent a very experienced team of movers; meticulous in the wrapping of big items (marble table, cabinets, fridge, washers, furniture, stand lamps, etc that couldn't fit into a carton box), and a few of them even remembered how to tear down and put together a few pieces of furnitures that they have handled for us for the past 4 moves.

Kenny and his team made the moves such a breeze for us, and also, I don't need to rush to unpack. Every now and then when I have unpacked and gathered a big pile of flatted carton boxes, he will arrange for collection.

Thus we would highly recommend them.

:)
KK

Hi guys, I am planning to shift houses in the next couple of weeks. Any solid recommendation for local movers? I would most likely need the full service except unpacking the things.

Thanks!

We moved house twice using Yong Sheng service, I would said their service good. They wrap things up fast and efficient... Guess all home movers would like to quickly move things over to new house and unpack asap..

Hi Maybelline T,

Are you able to let me know how do you differentiate between "the people who listed out the Mover company names is based on their own good and bad moving experiences (which really takes place)" and those who are fakes? Do I need to show a proof on the receipt from the mover company? So far, I supposed nobody has done that. im used to type 'iv' instead of 'i've', likewise 'im' instead of ' i'm'. But anyway, that doesnt proof anything tho. In any case, I am just stating my own experiences here. I am pretty shocked to read such a post (after about 2 weeks) posted by you and the one above when likewise, as a consumer/customer/purchaser/buyer, I dislike reading fake posts as well.

You have your own good/bad experiences which you can share because people will read and believe perhaps 70% of it. Do you like it if you are being misunderstood when you posted comments that are truthful? Or perhaps the comments that you posted up, are representing from a certain mover company? I dont know. So I would respect that before you make some negative comments, think over.

But anyway, at the positive side, your comments sent reminders to those who are trying to fake their identify in here. It is pointless to argue over such an issue because again, I am lucky to experience good mover, but perhaps you are not and maybe others.

Nonetheless, wish you all the best to meet experience and good people.

Hi Sentinel, sad to hear that.. Iv got good experience with them actually. Hope you can find a mover that suits you and have trouble-free! All the best!

Ben fro SG Pro Movers came down on a Sat for site survey. He was late for 2 hrs ... He promised the quotation by evening ... 3 days later I SMS him again ... no response, no quotation ...

• Like 1

Hi LynaChong,

I am quite amazed by how you find the similarities in "as a customer" and "as a consumer" or maybe you have another better words to replace "customer and consumer"? Correct me if I am wrong.

As quoted from you "Iv seen negative comments about other movers (even blacklisting movers in other topic/thread)"

From this sentences, that doesn't mean you didn't "blacklist" out the movers means your post are not trying to bring others down by stepping on them..

Yes, Like I've said, I am someone looking for good movers too, but I most the forums and threads I've been to and read through and those they listed out the Movers Company names is based on their own good or bad moving experiences. (Which really takes place)

I was wondering if you "LynaChong" and "Jason" was the SAME person. It's my own personal issue for having this problem of checking spelling errors. I know different people have their own "habit" of typing messages in their preferred ways or shortcut maybe? (e,g, dun, hav, gd, tmr)

And somehow reading through "LynaChong" and "Jason" post I'd realise that they've got the similar habit of typing "Iv" (I suppose you are trying to use I've?)
Well, I guess everything is enough said. I believe forum user have their eyes to see and judge. Not trying to
make a mole out of mountain, but what I can say is, some mover should spend more time on their marketing using their time on the "right" platform instead.

Ciaos!

To michelle lim -

i was browsing through when I saw these comments made by other people. Is there a misunderstanding going on here? I am stating about my own point of view and that I, myself, feels worried when it cmes to being cheaper. Iv experienced cheap things ended up being unkind to me. Iv seen negative comments about other movers (even blacklisting movers in other topic/thread). Perhaps you should take a look. I supposed you meant that people who posted nasty/negative comments are tarnishing the competitor's company and is not from their own point of view? this is an honest review based on my own experience. It is alright if you choose not to accept because everyone has their own feedback and different experiences.

"as a consumer", I am a consumer myself and what makes you think I am not? Just because I didnt seek other reputable companies like vimbox etc to move, my post becomes a "marketing" for the mover company who helped me to move? So, this forum is all about talking negative things instead of praising others when they do a good job... I see.. But as a professional, that shouldnt be the way to do that.

To MaybellineT-

You are always feel free to post what you had been experienced. People have different experiences. You may be sensitive to some issues and I may be not. It is all depends on individual. there is a similarities in you and michelle lim. she wrote, "as a consumer", you wrote, "as a customer', I would like to strongly highlight that you can compare prices, compare different companies because that is your choice. If you had bad experience, do post and let us read. I had my good experiences that is why I posted. Do get things right before "smearing" what I wrote. Thank you.

To michelle lim -

i was browsing through when I saw these comments made by other people. Is there a misunderstanding going on here? I am stating about my own point of view and that I, myself, feels worried when it cmes to being cheaper. Iv experienced cheap things ended up being unkind to me. Iv seen negative comments about other movers (even blacklisting movers in other topic/thread). Perhaps you should take a look. I supposed you meant that people who posted nasty/negative comments are tarnishing the competitor's company and is not from their own point of view? this is an honest review based on my own experience. It is alright if you choose not to accept because everyone has their own feedback and different experiences.

"as a consumer", I am a consumer myself and what makes you think I am not? Just because I didnt seek other reputable companies like vimbox etc to move, my post becomes a "marketing" for the mover company who helped me to move? So, this forum is all about talking negative things instead of praising others when they do a good job... I see.. But as a professional, that shouldnt be the way to do that.

To MaybellineT-

You are always feel free to post what you had been experienced. People have different experiences. You may be sensitive to some issues and I may be not. It is all depends on individual. there is a similarities in you and michelle lim. she wrote, "as a consumer", you wrote, "as a customer', I would like to strongly highlight that you can compare prices, compare different companies because that is your choice. If you had bad experience, do post and let us read. I had my good experiences that is why I posted. Do get things right before "smearing" what I wrote. Thank you.

Was looking around different forums for house moving recommendation and came across here. I must say apparently if you are on this page its very obvious there is only this "LynaChong" and "Jason" talking to themselves and trying very hard to self promote their company? I had to agree with MichelleLim that it's really UNPROFESSIONAL to actually smear the other's movers company just to promote your own. I mean as a customer, I will definitely check around the forums before I make any appointment for the movers to give me a quote. But upon looking at just this page, sad to say that Sg-pro are taking his customer as a fool to think that posting all this fake identities will promote for their company, but NO! In fact, the feedbacks I've got for Sg-pro wasn't that good compare to the others. Sg-pro definitely not recommended. :no::no::no:

Really disgusted by this thread. It is an absolute waste of time. Creating a thread to fake as real end users. The 2 of you are definitely from SG Pro movers! Posting in other threads earlier. Please do not post in this forum to tarnish other movers for the sake of your company. As a consumer, I am already disgusted by your company business ethnic. I will definitely not choose SG PRO as my movers.

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

iv just moved house and asked few quotations around. ETS is one of them. They offered me the cheapest price among those that I had quote. I am usually worried when it comes to being very cheap. Most of the time too cheap, also will be afraid. Thus, i chose Sg-pro movers. They had a warehouse to store my furnitures too. Everything went smoothly *thank god* because Iv seen many parents complaining about other companies and their furniture being scratched etc. The people are very very friendly and cheerful. They handled my things with care and also, my furnitures in the warehouse are all in the same condition when they move to my new house. I spoke to Ben, sales person. you may want to call and ask for quotation. they will visit your home and do a quotation for you. His number is 96894477

Edited by LynaChong, 06 October 2014 - 12:22 PM.

Edited by MichelleLim

iv met up 2 movers and they visited my house and gave me quotation. one of the sales man which i do not want to name the company, was really "ya ya papaya" type. I decided to use sg-pro mover instead as Ben give me a comfortable feeling when he visit my house. He was friendly. although the price is slightly higher by $60, i still decided to use them.

Saw this thread and called ben up for my moving on november, indeed was very friendly over the phone, will be meeting him up tomorrow for quotation.