Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
peppermean

Ready, Get Set...home!

I think we have the same tap.

It swings left right and the water outlet turns 180 deg as well. :jammin:

14804688986_acbc19ce9b_n.jpg

Yes yes, though I'd prefer the body to be in matt white, this tap is still value for $ with the look and functionality :good: .

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Vinyl Flooring Done!

Would have prefer to NOT HAVE any skirting at all but having removed the old tiles skirting, I don't think I have a choice cos I do not want to spend $ on just patching...haizZzzzZZzzz. Anyway, I chose to have white skirting instead of matching ones similar to the flooring, thinking it's less conspicuous :ph34r: ...trying my luck & staying very positive here...HAHA

Living room

15540367821_3be93de9a2.jpg

Common corridor between the rooms

15357032827_0994d46602.jpg

Using the same vinyl for the mbr for a more consistent look

14922293194_a86e3263c1.jpg

Edited by peppermean

Rather pleased with the workmanship of contractor W on the tilings. Yes, he personally laid the tiles with another worker. Very neat, nicely aligned, am satisfied on the finishings :good: .

More Pics

Common toilet

If you look closer, I have changed the white wall tiles to normal white without the 3D pattern. Guess I still prefer something simpler for a small toilet. Yes...fickle-minded but well well...just have to change it :bleah:

14953139041_18f76d4c88.jpg

Master toilet

So glad that my tb tap & vanity top with mirror has fit nicely. Due to the unique shape of the vanity, I was rather worried whether the plumber will have problem with the pipes but I guess my worry is unfold. Everything is settled 水水 :yeah:. Contractor W has also kindly create a round base to put the vanity top so that it will be lifted higher from the ground preventing water from spoiling it when the floor is wet..YEAH!

15172336108_443c73800c.jpg

14769571710_bff420dc51.jpg

Hi,

Where did you get the mirror cabinet? Is the centre circle light? Please share the cost too.

Vinyl Flooring Done!

Would have prefer to NOT HAVE any skirting at all but having removed the old tiles skirting, I don't think I have a choice cos I do not want to spend $ on just patching...haizZzzzZZzzz. Anyway, I chose to have white skirting instead of matching ones similar to the flooring, thinking it's less conspicuous :ph34r: ...trying my luck & staying very positive here...HAHA

Living room

15540367821_3be93de9a2.jpg

Common corridor between the rooms

15357032827_0994d46602.jpg

Using the same vinyl for the mbr for a more consistent look

14922293194_a86e3263c1.jpg

I like the scheme. White doors, white skirting and timber colored flooring. And block ceiling fan / lights. Nice!

Edited by aluka

• Like 1

Hi,

Where did you get the mirror cabinet? Is the centre circle light? Please share the cost too.

Yup, the centre circle is light but not as bright so you still need to install other lights in the bathroom ;) . Bought at RMB1480, so that's about S$310. I've attached the link in post#5, if you need it.

I like the scheme. White doors, white skirting and timber colored flooring. And block ceiling fan / lights. Nice!

Thanks for the compliments! I see that your reno is also coming along well :good:

D.I.Y. Work in progress

Bought a few items from Ikea and decide to assemble myself. While assembling, I did curse & swear a bit :curse: but somehow..yes..somehow still miracle-ly managed to put the bits into complete piece...WOOT! ! !

15585290945_dffb2c97fa_z.jpg

15399293737_22d2fe2013_z.jpg

15398681659_bf455edd9a.jpg

Since I'm not engaging a interior designer, NO 3D DRAWINGS?!?!... I'm totally fine with it. In order to show what I have in mind, I sketch out rough visuals. I think it facilitates the reno process and reduce mis-communication.

KITCHEN

No top cabinet since I won't be cooking much and save some bucks. But I do have a preference for chimney hood though. And it must be those triangular type. Personally, I feel it gives me a feeling of home, cos I remember when we were kids we always draw house with a triangular roof and YES, with a chimney on top. It just reminds me of 家 (bonus: if Santa ever come to visit through the chimney :P )

15340110142_859c02a595.jpg

MASTER BEDROOM

After heeding the advise of a friend who know fengshuai, the headboard of my bed will be placed towards north but this results in my bed facing the master toilet :bangwall:. To resolve the issue, I have initially wanted to build my full height wardrobe in between my bed and the toilet acting as a divider and since the wardrobe is just outside the toilet, thinking it'll be very convenient for grabbing clothes..haha. BUT, I wasn't totally comfortable with the idea because I only have a 2 panel windows in my Master bedroom. The wardrobe though will end just before the window, it will still block sunlight...mmm :no: .

So I came up with another idea! I'm going to use pole system for the wardrobe, much lesser blockage. I know... I know... it will be messy if I don't tidy my barang barang regularly. So, to hide the untidiness or when I have guests, I should install curtain just in front of the pole system. Can always pull the curtain over when I was sleeping at night or as and when necessary :sport-smiley-018: .

15153714950_b87df5b8f7.jpg

COMMON AND MASTER TOILET

Both toilets are rather small. Need to take note of the sizes of the sanitary wares and accessories in order to fit and have space to manoeuvre. And on top of that, have to take into consideration those big fat pipes which we can't move position at all! Quite tricky on the layout for such small space :jail:

15153886667_c635af95fe.jpg

Wow u very good at perspective drawing lei. :D

Not glue. Silicon. Prevents water from going in.

OIC ~I was a noob on this cos never had air con installed before :lol: .

Wow u very good at perspective drawing lei. :D

Thanks for the compliment, my drawing not 100% perspectively correct :P . Like reading your hdb defect checklist, very detailed loh

My 2nd Taobao shipment has finally arrived on 3rd week of Oct (14/10)~ YEAHHHHH! And what's more exciting is ~ drum rolling ~ my 3rd and last shipment is going to be delivered tomorrow~ HIP! HIP! HOORAY!! :jammin:

15582116031_e1a8f51126_n.jpg

Let's take a peep what's in my 2nd shipment partially:

15032438983_8889919a34.jpg