Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi All,

I just would like to confirm if the above is the new HDB regulation which some of the IDs mentinoed it will start on 1st December 2014 onwards.

Currently floor replacement is using sand, and moving forward there are using prepacked screed.

The big diif is if were to do both toilets and kitchen flooring. it cost extra of nearly $3k start December of the current quote now.

Went to few IDs yesterday for quote on my 4 room flat, and was informed of this new ruling.

Hoping some of the seniors here can comments....

TQ!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I just confirmed with the HDB officer in charge of my block. As of 1 Dec 2014 onwards, needs to use pre-packed screed. That's an additional cost to new home-owners! :help: He said the costs will definitely increase due to the material and workers' charge as the mix is not easy to handle. Try to apply for the renovation permit before 1 Dec 2014 to avoid having to cough out additional charges.

Cheers!

aSteRuS

Edited by aSteRuS

There are shortage of sand in our country. Even when HDB is doing home upgrading, they are using pre-pack cement for wall and floor area. As for laying of tiles they are using pre-pack cement with adhesive material.

I think pre-pack is good in the long run. I have very bad experience with my old flat renovation about 8 years ago. The workers have to mixed the sand and cement to form a mix and do the flooring and now all the ceramic tiles are popping out piece by piece. I suspect they add more sand and less cement to save cost.

Pre-packed is good as it comes already pre-mixed in the right quantity with the necessary additives added. It should also help with the adhesion of tiles without having them pop up. It's really all in the mix quantity and the additives.

Bummer about the price though!

• Like 1