Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aidil

Seally Vs Tempur Vs Simmons Vs Slumberland

Hi all,

Looking for a King Size mattress around 3k budget.

Of these four; Seally, Tempur, Simmons, Slumberland, which one will you go for? Positives and Negatives comments on these four?

Thanks a lot.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Tempur. Anytime I'd go for Tempur.

I have heard (thought not felt yet) that Tempur is the softestt of the lot and traps heat in our tropical climate. Any comment on that? Thanks in advance.

I have heard (thought not felt yet) that Tempur is the softestt of the lot and traps heat in our tropical climate. Any comment on that? Thanks in advance.

Tempur is layer of memory foam on a layer of regular foam, it is excellent at conforming to your body therefore it will feel extremely comfortable.

The drawback is that the support is not so good for heavier people. Also, memory foam works best in a cool environment because it is temperature sensitive, the foam becomes softer when the temperature goes up. The ideal operating temperature is actually 16-18 degrees Celsius.

I've heard mixed comments about Tempur but tried it myself at my sister's place, did not turn the aircon on and didn't feel hot though. Really feel the mattress contouring with my body, especially when I sleep on my side, the feeling is very shiok cos don't feel any pressure on my shoulder. The thing is I heard Tempur is manufactured and imported from Denmark, whereas most of the well known brands like King Koil, Simmons, Sealy etc all mostly from ASEAN countries, and are mostly similar (spring based) just that they change a little bit of the products here and there and call them different models and pricing. I guess it's a personal choice so it's still best to try it yourself and not just hear from others.

Not all brands of memory foam are the same.......that all I have to say.

Most of the time it 's all depend on who's the person serving you.

It's all boils down to what is your expectation of mattress.

For sealy, I heard from a friend in the industry that they lie in their advertising. Is this true?

They say that their mattress wires are made of titanium, but actually is less than 0.00001% leh. Titanium is very expensive, takes $10000 just to make a 100% titanium false tooth.

I think we should ask for certification for mattress maker's claims. Would help a lot to let us know what exactly is going into our mattress.

The coils are titanium alloy.

Where did you read that the coils are 100% Titanium?

Titanium Posturepedic Coils - Manufactured Titanium alloy makes this coil system extremely durable, but light and flexible. 660 coils in queen size.

US company wouldn't dare lie through their teeth as the federal laws there are more stringent when it comes to invitation to sell and advertisement.

Edited by benetay

The coils are titanium alloy.

Where did you read that the coils are 100% Titanium?

Titanium Posturepedic Coils - Manufactured Titanium alloy makes this coil system extremely durable, but light and flexible. 660 coils in queen size.

US company wouldn't dare lie through their teeth as the federal laws there are more stringent when it comes to invitation to sell and advertisement.

The amount of Titanium is not published. It is probably impossible that it is 100% since my glasses have a tiny bit of Titanium and they cost $700.

Sealy does not want to review percentage but probably not substantial otherwise they would have published a long time ago.

On some websites it is claimed to be titanium-alloy infused, meaning it is not strictly speaking a Titanium alloy but it definitely contains Titanium.

It is a big secret.

Another thing you may want to know about Sealy is that in the US where they are originally from, they push pocketed spring mattresses but in Singapore they don't.

Edited by SamTheMan

You are actually right about pocket spring and it is technically correct. Pocket spring mattress is sufficient but nowadays all major brands like Simmons, Sealy, Slumberland have their own continuous spring version. These larger companies are able to afford and patent their own design and command a higher price on these continuous spring. The feedback that i got is that Titanium alloy is simply a mixture of various metal including titanium (So does BMW, Benz, Lexus, etc?). i didn't ask about the % of titanium.

Hence, i normally purchase as long as the wife likes it, feels comfortable and within reasonable means.

Today, i went down to Sealy Sleep Palace at Tanglin plaza (very limited parking) to see how much Sealy have grown over the past 5-6 years after we purchase our first bed. it is a good recap that Sealy actually sells their bed to major hotel chains like St. Regis, Ritz Carlton, Holiday Inn, etc and i always appreciate a good bed after a long travel.

Additionally, i learn that there are price ranging from 1k+ to 20k for the top of the range mattress and the hotel lines utilize the mid range 3-4k type of bed and if we travel enough, we can feel the difference between a good (hotel) and a budget (motel) bed.

Other then that i think we are happy with our purchase of Heritage plush and some other things we bought. Couldn't afford the top of the range kind, but it does feel very good just to lie on it (free trial).

I went back to Sealy only on one decision, their after sales service. I'm sure there are other better beds out there, but i'm a stickler for after sales service. If anybody is looking for Sealy, i would recommend the Sealy Sleep palace at Tanglin plaza, but not the IMM sleep boutique. They all are distributors of Sealy but the flagship store at Tanglin plaza has a fuller range for someone who have not kept up with the mattress world.

Cheers!

You are actually right about pocket spring and it is technically correct. Pocket spring mattress is sufficient but nowadays all major brands like Simmons, Sealy, Slumberland have their own continuous spring version. These larger companies are able to afford and patent their own design and command a higher price on these continuous spring. The feedback that i got is that Titanium alloy is simply a mixture of various metal including titanium (So does BMW, -, Lexus, etc?). i didn't ask about the % of titanium.

Hence, i normally purchase as long as the wife likes it, feels comfortable and within reasonable means.

Today, i went down to Sealy Sleep Palace at Tanglin plaza (very limited parking) to see how much Sealy have grown over the past 5-6 years after we purchase our first bed. it is a good recap that Sealy actually sells their bed to major hotel chains like St. Regis, Ritz Carlton, Holiday Inn, etc and i always appreciate a good bed after a long travel.

Additionally, i learn that there are price ranging from 1k+ to 20k for the top of the range mattress and the hotel lines utilize the mid range 3-4k type of bed and if we travel enough, we can feel the difference between a good (hotel) and a budget (motel) bed.

Other then that i think we are happy with our purchase of Heritage plush and some other things we bought. Couldn't afford the top of the range kind, but it does feel very good just to lie on it (free trial).

I went back to Sealy only on one decision, their after sales service. I'm sure there are other better beds out there, but i'm a stickler for after sales service. If anybody is looking for Sealy, i would recommend the Sealy Sleep palace at Tanglin plaza, but not the IMM sleep boutique. They all are distributors of Sealy but the flagship store at Tanglin plaza has a fuller range for someone who have not kept up with the mattress world.

Cheers!

Absolutely, it is not what it is made of, it is not how it is made, it is not who makes it. These things are not important at all, it is how the mattress works for you that matters.

If you enjoy it then it is a good product.

Just dun take FREE bed frame from Sealy? Else, may have termites like mine after 4 years:

- https://www.facebook.com/chantel.ng.54/posts/10156806621377337

Then the only service from @SealyAsiaSingapore after 2 weeks is Lip Service:

- Coz Termites in their FREE bed frame does not feed on mattress.
- So no need for them to send someone from HQ to check / clean.
- And if still worried, we can give you 20% off for your next mattress.

Thank you for the "Premium" service after spending $3,000 as well as "valuable" science lesson though they agreed with me that termites do move through the mattress.

Such a SILLY response from @SealyMattress / @SealyThailand / @SealyAsiaSingapore

Apparently, I'm not the only victim, so free stuffs are never good:

-https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153592267677639&set=pppbo.271473621807&type=3&theater

sealy-termites-purchase-proof.jpg

sealy-termites-holes.jpg

sealy-termites-caught.jpg