Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Day ? (5/1/14)

Works are mostly done and will be handover to us soon. Minor touch ups in progress now. So far, we are very pleased with the workmanship.

Bought our bidet from tb and it's not working now.. :( Water spurting everywhere once the tap is switched on. Plumber says that there is no way to salvage it, we have to get a new bidet tap. sigh!

Finally received the VO today and got an unexpected 'surprise'. I will appreciate if any homeowners can share their thoughts on this with me. Our electrician quoted us a whooping $3900++. We didn't do any hacking/ concealing point works, I seriously don't even know how was the sum derived from. Before we engaged him, we went around and compared quotes, the highest we have ever gotten didn't even exceed $2.4k.

Please kindly provide your input in this! :(

Plumbing costs added up to about $800++. We didn't do much.. Change of towel bowl came to be about $150 each. Is that considered overcharged? The plumbers we have met so far previously quoted us $80 each.

We will be meeting on Wednesday probably to discuss on all these additional costs. Pray hard that we will come to an agreement.

Meanwhile, some pics to share. Love it so much! :D

Dining area leading to kitchen

15585315543_86d9e8bfc7_b.jpg

16204338182_1e824b6d9e_b.jpg

Living room

16204337072_36aea1185c_b.jpg

16019048889_d33830d1ac_b.jpg

Toilets vanity

15582747034_39a117247c_b.jpg

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The carpenters came over a couple of days before and did some touchups around the house.

They very kindly extended their help to hang most of our decor stuff up and drilled a couple of holes in the TV feature/ console area. Work as crisp and clean as always!

16074039218_5ee44bc320_b.jpg

Just like many of you homeowners here on renotalk, we have also purchased many of our furnitures/ lightings/ etc from taobao. I guess we are one of the unlucky few who have had misfortunes on purchasing from taobao. :(

We have gotten LED strips that melted and burnt after it has been switched on for a couple of hours. Our dining chair also had poor workmanship and wasn't stable enough for sitting - once you lean back, the chair will start giving way. Very thankful that the carpenter helped us bond it back together.

16074039198_1e2b03d44b_b.jpg

We just noticed that our main door from HDB is warped and it doesn't close properly/ doesn't shut tight now. Do any of you guys have the same problem? The BSC from our estate has already been taken down so now it's a long process of waiting from the HDB side. :(

16259749931_650179f354_b.jpg

On the side note, we have purchased our sofa wayyyy back in Oct on an impulse in order to clinch a discount deal because jottergoods rarely does sale stuff. I am not sure to even call it an impulse because we have been shopping around for a sofa that we both like alot and tried many before getting this. However, during the entire process of choosing laminates and tiles etc, our design moved to a darker feel and the sofa would stick up like a sore thumb.

Thankfully, we haven't gotten the sofa delivered and we heard that the fabric we chose will be discontinued so it's lucky that we have already made a deposit for it!

Is anyone interested to take over the lovely 3-seater sofa/ is planning to get anything for star living? I'll attached a picture of the sofa below for reference but the one we got is a 3 seater, not 2.5 seater.

16074214330_a203aa4277_b.jpg

It's really pretty and such a pity that we won't be able to use it at our place. :(

• Like 1

Day ? (5/1/14)

Works are mostly done and will be handover to us soon. Minor touch ups in progress now. So far, we are very pleased with the workmanship.

Bought our bidet from tb and it's not working now.. :( Water spurting everywhere once the tap is switched on. Plumber says that there is no way to salvage it, we have to get a new bidet tap. sigh!

Finally received the VO today and got an unexpected 'surprise'. I will appreciate if any homeowners can share their thoughts on this with me. Our electrician quoted us a whooping $3900++. We didn't do any hacking/ concealing point works, I seriously don't even know how was the sum derived from. Before we engaged him, we went around and compared quotes, the highest we have ever gotten didn't even exceed $2.4k.

Please kindly provide your input in this! :(

Plumbing costs added up to about $800++. We didn't do much.. Change of towel bowl came to be about $150 each. Is that considered overcharged? The plumbers we have met so far previously quoted us $80 each.

We will be meeting on Wednesday probably to discuss on all these additional costs. Pray hard that we will come to an agreement.

Meanwhile, some pics to share. Love it so much! :D

Hows ur VO coming along?You did not request for price breakdown on your electrical works and quotes and go through the electrician on works to be done?Some electrical works is really expensive.>if your contractor proceed with electrical works with your permission and you as owner did it without looking at quotes,its gonna be hard. As for me i walk through with the electrician when doing my parents BTO points and without any installation of fans and lighting except down lights already cost me 1.8k with conceal points amounting to 12 lines.If with installation of lighting and fans will set me back by 2.4k

Hows ur VO coming along?You did not request for price breakdown on your electrical works and quotes and go through the electrician on works to be done?Some electrical works is really expensive.>if your contractor proceed with electrical works with your permission and you as owner did it without looking at quotes,its gonna be hard. As for me i walk through with the electrician when doing my parents BTO points and without any installation of fans and lighting except down lights already cost me 1.8k with conceal points amounting to 12 lines.If with installation of lighting and fans will set me back by 2.4k

The meeting was delayed and we haven't had the chance to review on the costs and such.

We were given the unit price for per point/ 2way etc, which we found to be pretty pricey while comparing with the market rate. However, we were told that it will be negotiable if we were to have more electrical works done. We were not updated with the discount/ negotiations.

There were no conceal points and we provided the downlight as well as tracklights and 2 pendant lights - therefore we were expecting a maximum of $2.5k. Your electrician seems pretty reasonable. Our electrician is charging is a 2way for $90 which is double of most electricians we have met with. Kinda ridiculous if you ask me.. :(

Hi Yelena,

Your House is looking great, J&E carpentry kungfu really good. :thumbs up: BTW are the plumbers and electricians are the sub-con of J&E Team? The pricing abit high.

The carpenters came over a couple of days before and did some touchups around the house.

They very kindly extended their help to hang most of our decor stuff up and drilled a couple of holes in the TV feature/ console area. Work as crisp and clean as always!

Just like many of you homeowners here on renotalk, we have also purchased many of our furnitures/ lightings/ etc from taobao. I guess we are one of the unlucky few who have had misfortunes on purchasing from taobao. :(

We have gotten LED strips that melted and burnt after it has been switched on for a couple of hours. Our dining chair also had poor workmanship and wasn't stable enough for sitting - once you lean back, the chair will start giving way. Very thankful that the carpenter helped us bond it back together.

We just noticed that our main door from HDB is warped and it doesn't close properly/ doesn't shut tight now. Do any of you guys have the same problem? The BSC from our estate has already been taken down so now it's a long process of waiting from the HDB side. :(

16259749931_650179f354_b.jpg

How kind of the carpenters!

I am sorry to hear about your TB purchases. :(

Hang in there, the folks at HDB are efficient and hopefully it wouldn't take too long.

I am not sure if I have the same problem. I hope not. I know I am going to take a good look at my main door the next time I visit the house!

Your entire house looks nice. Loving it. :wub:

The meeting was delayed and we haven't had the chance to review on the costs and such.

We were given the unit price for per point/ 2way etc, which we found to be pretty pricey while comparing with the market rate. However, we were told that it will be negotiable if we were to have more electrical works done. We were not updated with the discount/ negotiations.

There were no conceal points and we provided the downlight as well as tracklights and 2 pendant lights - therefore we were expecting a maximum of $2.5k. Your electrician seems pretty reasonable. Our electrician is charging is a 2way for $90 which is double of most electricians we have met with. Kinda ridiculous if you ask me.. :(

reasonable?i already :curse: at the pricing and the price point per point.Some are average and some are above market price.For the conceal wiring they charge $60 per cut and make good.Imagine from ceiling go to wall is already $120 per point .Lighting point $45 per point. If you roughly know the market price than nego for a better price.Kinda ****ty to know without conceal points urs is already so expensive.Hope you are able to nego for better pricing .Should really acknowledge and not blindly give the go ahead considering all this contractor are out to suck you dry.

Hi Yelena,

Your House is looking great, J&E carpentry kungfu really good. :thumbs up: BTW are the plumbers and electricians are the sub-con of J&E Team? The pricing abit high.

Yea got to admit that their carpentry is amazing! :D we are currently pending the breakdown for the quote and also negotiating for a better price, fingers crossed!

How kind of the carpenters!

I am sorry to hear about your TB purchases. :(

Hang in there, the folks at HDB are efficient and hopefully it wouldn't take too long.

I am not sure if I have the same problem. I hope not. I know I am going to take a good look at my main door the next time I visit the house!

Your entire house looks nice. Loving it. :wub:

I'm glad you are right about the HDB folks! I wasn't holding much hope to getting their reply anytime soon because I had a horrible experience dealing with the defects when we just got the keys to our place.

However, I just received a call from them and they will be submitting my request in! :D

Thank you for the compliment! Cannot wait to see the completion of your minimalist home.

• Like 1