Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

reasonable?i already :curse: at the pricing and the price point per point.Some are average and some are above market price.For the conceal wiring they charge $60 per cut and make good.Imagine from ceiling go to wall is already $120 per point .Lighting point $45 per point. If you roughly know the market price than nego for a better price.Kinda ****ty to know without conceal points urs is already so expensive.Hope you are able to nego for better pricing .Should really acknowledge and not blindly give the go ahead considering all this contractor are out to suck you dry.

Yes!!! Ikr!!! I am not pissed at my contractor but kind of disgusted at the electrician's quote for per light point and installation point and whatnot. No doubt his workmanship is not bad and he's really quick but paying almost double of market rate is unfair. We have discussed with him to negotiate for a better overall quote, thanks for all your advice I really appreciate it!

How did your negotiation went in the end with your parents' place?

Yes!!! Ikr!!! I am not pissed at my contractor but kind of disgusted at the electrician's quote for per light point and installation point and whatnot. No doubt his workmanship is not bad and he's really quick but paying almost double of market rate is unfair. We have discussed with him to negotiate for a better overall quote, thanks for all your advice I really appreciate it!

How did your negotiation went in the end with your parents' place?

It went errr ok?I wanted to nego and call off the installation of the lighting points and shifting of the powerpoints and only let the electrician do the conceal points and DIY all the shifting of points and down lights points but the electrician maybe kinda piss with me and ask the ID boss to come down and talk to me.Finally i relented and let them do all.But i got 'freebies' as in they quoted me 8 lighting installation @ $15 per point for the down lights but never total it in the final amount.It has been installed :good: .Did extra 2 lighting points for the LED and got charge for 1 point.Overall their price point has their good and bad.I DIY my installation of my cove LED lights,3 x fans and installation of 9 lighting fixture for various location with the help of my handyman cousin. Save around $600+ :jammin::jammin: Final bill 1.8k Paid 1.6k pending last payment which my ID will minus off $100 due to the relocation of the tel and data points for the console area not up to my satisfaction. :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by Freakerz

Hi Yelena,

Your place awesomely done up. Very different from others. Your contractor seem to be very experience in their field, i was wondering if you be so kind to share the contractor details. My email is graphicj@singnet.com.sg. Thks & God bless.

It went errr ok?I wanted to nego and call off the installation of the lighting points and shifting of the powerpoints and only let the electrician do the conceal points and DIY all the shifting of points and down lights points but the electrician maybe kinda piss with me and ask the ID boss to come down and talk to me.Finally i relented and let them do all.But i got 'freebies' as in they quoted me 8 lighting installation @ $15 per point for the down lights but never total it in the final amount.It has been installed :good: .Did extra 2 lighting points for the LED and got charge for 1 point.Overall their price point has their good and bad.I DIY my installation of my cove LED lights,3 x fans and installation of 9 lighting fixture for various location with the help of my handyman cousin. Save around $600+ :jammin::jammin: Final bill 1.8k Paid 1.6k pending last payment which my ID will minus off $100 due to the relocation of the tel and data points for the console area not up to my satisfaction. :sport-smiley-003:

That's ALOT of savings! Your electrician seems quite reasonable to minus off $100 because it's not up to satisfaction! I heard my neighbour's case, they can't even be bothered to listen to what the homeowners say and just used silicon to cover whatever flaws and deem it as fixed. -__-

Seems like you had to nego with them for a while haha

That's ALOT of savings! Your electrician seems quite reasonable to minus off $100 because it's not up to satisfaction! I heard my neighbour's case, they can't even be bothered to listen to what the homeowners say and just used silicon to cover whatever flaws and deem it as fixed. -__-

Seems like you had to nego with them for a while haha

Data and tel connection is my bread and butter. I show the shoddy work and non existent of shifting of these 2 points to my parents ID and he verbally tell me he will minus off these 2 items from the final bill. Further more the electrical works and main job scope of renovation separate bill.

Hi Yelena,

Your place awesomely done up. Very different from others. Your contractor seem to be very experience in their field, i was wondering if you be so kind to share the contractor details. My email is graphicj@singnet.com.sg. Thks & God bless.

Hi! I have dropped u a private message instead. :)

Hi, yelena your home is looking great I like your kitchen cement screed and the smithfield pendant light may i know how much and where you purchase thank :)

Thank you! The light we got them from taobao. I will paste the link here when I find it! Don't have it with me now. :)

I'm glad you are right about the HDB folks! I wasn't holding much hope to getting their reply anytime soon because I had a horrible experience dealing with the defects when we just got the keys to our place.

However, I just received a call from them and they will be submitting my request in! :D

Thank you for the compliment! Cannot wait to see the completion of your minimalist home.

That's great, Yelena! So glad for you!

Day 59 (3/12/14)

Been really busy and didn't have time to update this T-Blog the last couple of weeks. Most of the carpentry work are up, toilet amenities are up, most of the lights are up and service yard windows are up too. We are currently waiting for the epoxy works to be done, painting works will be done next week as well as our cabinets. So far, the house is looking amazing and exactly what we had in mind! Cannot wait to start with home decor! :D:D

TV feature wall with projector screen

15917890676_9ee83330d4_b.jpg

15756159308_496a02d9c5_b.jpg

Kitchen

15941626851_899ff5afbb_b.jpg

Master Bedroom

15942917282_68d185478f_b.jpg

Bathroom - Yay for no more unsightly bulky heaters!

15756299820_c6ab88fd6d_b.jpg

Hi Yelena!

Nice design for your house! Can I check are u using instant heater rain shower? I noted there was a picture showing one installed and concealed at the top. Is that possible? I went to shop around and the person say the hose is too short to allow u to build it that high and conceal. Which brand are you using? Can share with me the price and place u bought from? Thank you!

• Like 1

Hi, yelena your home is looking great I like your kitchen cement screed and the smithfield pendant light may i know how much and where you purchase thank :)

Hey here's the link for the light!

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=20162998793

The one we got are the white ones in 35cm.

The quality is pretty good. It's made of metal so not fragile at all. Cool white bulbs are included. I would say it's a good buy! :D

Hi Yelena!

Nice design for your house! Can I check are u using instant heater rain shower? I noted there was a picture showing one installed and concealed at the top. Is that possible? I went to shop around and the person say the hose is too short to allow u to build it that high and conceal. Which brand are you using? Can share with me the price and place u bought from? Thank you!

Hi Mellie(eee) :P

Thank you! We are using instant multipoint heater. We installed it inside the concealed area in the common bathroom, but is accessed from the MBR toilet water heater switch. We changed up the water heater switch outside the common bathroom to a power plug instead. We got the Bennington c600 from Gain City at about less than $300.

The rain shower we got it from taobao. We were quite worried about the water pressure but it was surprisingly okay even when rain showers in both bathrooms are used. When turned on to the hottest temperature it isn't scalding hot too - we always have to turn it up to the highest when using. Heats up fast!