Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thanks for replying. Sorry to hear that your hdd got wiped out. :(

Yeah.... hope my luck gets better. :(

Cleared my inbox and replied all!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We have moved in for awhile now and our floor doesn't seem to dry yet. We have cement screed floor and it is constantly wet and sticky. Everything sticks - hair, dirt, pieces of fiber from the magic clean wipes. Does anyone have this problem/ have a solution to this?

Would appreciate any help! Have contacted a few independent cement flooring companies but they didn't give any constructive advice! :(

Lounging at home is so annoying when you are constantly stepping on a sticky surface..... :help::help::help::help:

Hi, thought I'd share something useful with everyone having mold issues: I moved to Singapore last year and was having mold issues in my house (hot and humid climate). A friend recommended a company to me and I thought I have nothing to lose so I gave it a shot. I was an amazing experience! It has been 6 months now and I am still mold free! I have spoken to a few people using this product and they are seeing the same effect. I can share with you the contact if you are interested. Thanks for reading.

Hi Yelena! Do you mind sharing any pictures of how your house looks right now? I'm interested in what the finished product looks like!

Hi Shredderman, we are still styling our place and taking our time with the purchasing of furniture therefore we can't take pictures of the overview as yet! Will definitely share once we are done styling and decorating it.

Now we have to solve our cement screed problem on hand first :(

Hi Yelena,

Your house renovation look beautiful. Mind sharing your Mr J & E contact and company info. Thanks

Thanks Micheal368, I'll PM you shorty :)

We have moved in for awhile now and our floor doesn't seem to dry yet. We have cement screed floor and it is constantly wet and sticky. Everything sticks - hair, dirt, pieces of fiber from the magic clean wipes. Does anyone have this problem/ have a solution to this?

Would appreciate any help! Have contacted a few independent cement flooring companies but they didn't give any constructive advice! :(

Lounging at home is so annoying when you are constantly stepping on a sticky surface..... :help::help::help::help:

Hi Yelena, have you feedback to your contractors about this problem and what are their answers?

Nice place! I especially like the cement screed and wood look. I am impressed with your contractors' carpentry work. Would you mind PM-ing me their contacts? Thank you!

I am also curious about the sticky cement screed problem you have. Is it the finishing layer that they painted on that is sticky? Do update us if you have found the cause/solution.

Hi Shredderman, we are still styling our place and taking our time with the purchasing of furniture therefore we can't take pictures of the overview as yet! Will definitely share once we are done styling and decorating it.

Now we have to solve our cement screed problem on hand first :(

Oh, how unfortunately. Didn't catch that part. I went to read up a little about mold and cement flooring. There was some mention about how easy it is for cement screen to collect moisture, if there is no waterproofing done below the screed and no waterproof layer (eg epoxy) on top of the screed. But then again this forum is largely wrt america i think, so it might not apply here. Anyways, I think the best idea is to ask your contractor or perhaps find another professional who understands the problem.

Best of luck to you!

Edit: just another thing, it could also be the cleaner or the cleaning agent you use. Try switching to just water maybe instead of the magiclean and see how it goes!

Edited by shredderman