Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Feliciachua

Our 4 Room Love Nest..modern Scandinavian Theme

Dear All,

Finally, i can post up my pics and start to update my reno process..=)..collected keys on 19 Sept...FSM informed a date to start the reno..so start date of reno will be fixed on 21 October..meeting ID this week to confirm everything.

Chosen ID: Colin from Renozone Interior Design

Some of the works we are doing:

Full height 6ft shoe cabinet

Top and bottom ktichen cabinet using Komapacplus as counter top and 1 tall unit

Wall feature living room

Bricks at dining area

12ft wardrobe

Evorich flooring living /dining and homo at 3 rooms

suspended vanity cabinet at 2 toilets

cove lights in dining and MBR

My 3d to share:

gallery_55470_537_415461.jpg

gallery_55470_537_643874-e1416236498368.

Bought sofa, tv console and coffee table from Celini..Dining table from Scanteak..images in the posts below.. :good:

Edited by Feliciachua

• Like 2

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Welcome Feli!! Finally en route to "My Home". :good:

For the kitchen, on the microwave side, ever consider to do top hung as well?

I guess price is not that big of an impact.

Thanks JW!! =)..currently still figuring out how to post bigger images and more pics...=) :thumbs up:

011..hehe..Thanks!! will share my reno journey with you guys..many images to upload once i start my reno..yes, we wanted to do a top hung as well, but hubby have those mindset, if we do more cabinets, he will tend to buy more things..haha..so we just keep to this size first, think shld be sufficient for the next few years down the road cause we seldom cook.. :notti:

Daddy Winter..Thanks! will upload more images and updates of my reno journey.. :good:

Received amended pics from ID for my:

Laminate TV feature wall:

gallery_55470_537_1852-e1416236980384.jp

- will wall-mount my TV...thinking to get 55" LG tv..LG UHD 55UB850T..LG ultra HD 55UB850T..any reviews on LG tv?

Fabric Sofa..*LOVES*

gallery_55470_537_27247.jpg

TV console and coffee table..
gallery_55470_537_664551-e1416236862918.

Paid deposit for Aircon..system 4 Mitsubishi heavy industries from gain city..

Went tampoi to buy all LED lights, ceiling lights and 2 Fanco fans..Tampoi dun allow us to take pics..so sadly now pics.. :(..

Pending items to buy:

1) King Size bed frame

2) Kitchen / toilet sinks and toilet sanitary

3) Study table

Anyone has any reviews on storage or gas heater? we are still thinking which to get..they have their pros and cons..for our storage heater, we have to hide it in master toilet. for gas heater, heard that the water pressure wont be strong..

Will be starting reno on 21 Oct...exciting journey ahead... :jammin:

Edited by Feliciachua

Thanks JW!! =)..currently still figuring out how to post bigger images and more pics...=) :thumbs up:

011..hehe..Thanks!! will share my reno journey with you guys..many images to upload once i start my reno..yes, we wanted to do a top hung as well, but hubby have those mindset, if we do more cabinets, he will tend to buy more things..haha..so we just keep to this size first, think shld be sufficient for the next few years down the road cause we seldom cook.. :notti:

Daddy Winter..Thanks! will upload more images and updates of my reno journey.. :good:

Received amended pics from ID for my:

TV console:

Laminate TV feature wall:

- will wall-mount my TV...thinking to get 55" LG tv..LG UHD 55UB850T..LG ultra HD 55UB850T

any reviews on LG tv? We went to many shops (best denki, gain city etc) to ask about LG 4k Ultra HD and full HD..some told us if we get the 4k ultra hd tv, no matter what kind of shows we watch, it will be converted to 4k, but we thought that cant be possible because for now not all broadcast shows are having this 4k technology..there is 1 salesman who asked us to get the full HD..as 4k is very new technology..full HD is sufficient..we duno who to believe? haha..any reviews?

A better pic on the fabric sofa

TV console and coffee table..

paid deposit for 416L LG GRM562GSH fridge

Aircon..system 4 Mitsubishi heavy industries from gain city..

Went tampoi to buy all LED lights, ceiling lights and 2 Fanco fans..Tampoi dun allow us to take pics..so sadly now pics..:(..

Pending items to buy:

1) King Size bed frame

2) Kitchen / toilet sinks and toilet sanitary

3) Study table

Anyone has any reviews on storage or gas heater? we are still thinking which to get..they have their pros and cons..for our storage heater, we have to hide it in master toilet. for gas heater, heard that the water pressure wont be strong..

Will be starting reno on 21 Oct...exciting journey ahead... :jammin:

Hi,

Nice 3D designs. May I check with you how much ur id charge you for the laminate feature wall? Looks really nice and similar to what I'm doing, just that my color would be more light brown.

4K is new, this LG tv will only upscale/interpolate our normal prog/movies to 4K, so not "true" 4K. but not saying tat this TV is lousy, jus for the moment, not able to fully utilise tats all. Most impt, can fit your budget :)

Hi,

Nice 3D designs. May I check with you how much ur id charge you for the laminate feature wall? Looks really nice and similar to what I'm doing, just that my color would be more light brown.

Thanks Chilarvet!! :good: ..Ya!! we cant wait to see our laminate feature wall..he quoted me 6ft for around 1k plus..ours will be more to light greyish type of laminate..=)

4K is new, this LG tv will only upscale/interpolate our normal prog/movies to 4K, so not "true" 4K. but not saying tat this TV is lousy, jus for the moment, not able to fully utilise tats all. Most impt, can fit your budget :)

Thanks simple13 for the feedback! :) ..yes, thats what i understand too! that they will upscale all our normal programs/movies to 4k, but recently 1 salesperson told us that this is not true..not all normal programs can upscale..is it true? haha..

we are still thinking whether to get LG UHD instead (no need 4k and 3D)..i think 3D is useless, dun really need it..the 4k not much difference compared to the others (without 4k) but u are right! it goes down to budget..haha..

Hi Felicia,

Mind sharing the est cost of your reno?

TIA! :)

Hi Whinypooh, my reno est cost is abt 30k (with electrical works) =)

updates on my reno progress..this is the 8th day of my reno..floor tiles in 3 rooms and part of my white bricks at dining area completed :thumbs up:

gallery_55470_537_217746-e1416237179385.

gallery_55470_537_137683-e1416237245309.

there will be a clear mirror above the white bricks at dining area...half mirror half white bricks..hope by this week will be completed. :jammin:
We have decided to buy Hitachi fridge..R-VG560P3MS ..450L..good energy saving! we opted for the black one..additional 100..cost around 1.1k..hope can get discount during sales

R VG560P3MS

Inverter Refrigerator with Dual Fan Cooling,
Key Highlights
  • Net Capacity 450 Litres
  • Inverter Refrigerator with Eco-Thermo Sensor
  • Dual Fan Cooling (Dedicated Fans for Each of the Compartments)
  • Selectable Mode
  • Big, Moisture-Guard Vegetable Compartment
  • Front Air Flow
  • Tempered Glass Shelves
  • Nano Titanium Technology
  • Touch Screen Controller and LED Light

3d image of my wardrobe...

gallery_55470_537_28334-e1416237299271.j
we chose a matt color with two patches of glass panel..3d does not reflect color well..hope the wardrobe is sufficient for me.. :notti:
Kitchen Sink: wanted to taobao our sink but hubby insist to buy from sg because he is afraid if in future not working or etc, he has to change it..and he cannot feel the sink before buying it..LOL :bleah:
So, in the end, we bought Metra 9 from Hoe Kee..there is a package promotion..

fujioh fs890 & 792 & 772 promo3

Hood + Hob = We got Fujioh, my sis is using it and she is raving about how effective and easy to use with the oil-retaining filter... :good:

Blanco Metra 9 edited

Next..sourcing for toilet sinks!! any recommendations where to get?
More updates to come!! :thumbs up:
Edited by Feliciachua

14th day of my reno..Finally my white bricks is completed..Waiting for ID to fix a clear glass mirror between the white bricks..i love my white bricks effect.. :good: ..

gallery_55470_537_24626.jpg
Kitchen base, washing machine base, toilet kerbs all completed..plus the flooring for my 3 rooms.. :jammin:

IMG 20141101 WA0017

IMG 20141101 WA0016

IMG 20141101 WA0013

This week will be starting on electrical works and false ceiling works .have bought all my lights to put at bomb shelter so that all the lights can be fixed..cant wait to see the lights.. :notti: ..Aircon man will be coming on Wed to fix system 4 Mitsubishi heavy industries...hopefully wiring etc will be done nicely!

Headache part: We are still thinking whether to go ahead with storage heater or gas heater..both have its pros and cons..If we get storage heater, it has to be placed in our Master bathroom as HDB has already fix the pipings at master bathroom, and our master bathroom is very small, with the storage heater in place, it will be smaller... :( ..

Comments: in the end, we took storage heater.. :jammin::jammin:

During the weekend, we went to Universal Union Enterprise (recommended by a friend)

710 Geylang Road

(3 shops away from Lor 44)
Singapore 389625

We were glad that they have more variety (compared to hoe kee), we went to Heritage (few shops beside it) but we find that Heritage is very small and quite messy..We wanted to go Poh Joo but in the end, we settled our sinks, mixers, toilet shelving, mirrors at Universal Union..A guy by the name of Ah Hao served us, and he was very patient..explaining us the items when we have doubts.. :good: ..we were in the shop for nearly 2 hours..choosing colors to match/ type of sinks is really a headache..Furthermore they gave us a discount and we find their price is reasonable.. :deal:

Some pics to share:

IMG 20141102 WA0030

IMG 20141102 WA0032

IMG 20141102 WA0028

20141102 170342

Love my sinks and taps... :drunk:

Edited by Feliciachua

Just back holidays from BKK..bought many household accessories from chatuchak..went to new home today to see the update of my new hse...currently doing painting works..false ceiling completed! :thumbs up:

Cove lights in MBR and Living/walkway:

IMG 20141110 WA0019

IMG 20141110 WA0020

IMG 20141110 WA0021

Did not manage to take pics of the painting color..will post when i make a trip next few days..next week will start on doors, shower screen and vinyl flooring **** room..Carpentry works will start 2 weeks later...*Excited* to see my new home.. :jammin:

Fridge wise, I prefer it big. With the price tag of 1.1k, you can easily get a 500L up fridge.

Never underestimate the usage of fridge, when you stay on, items needed will slowly start feeling up the space.

Also when catering the space for the fridge in the kitchen, ensure the carpentry allows more space for a fridge upsize in the future.

Dont get caught in the situation where you can only buy back a similar size fridge. ;)

Fridge wise, I prefer it big. With the price tag of 1.1k, you can easily get a 500L up fridge.

Never underestimate the usage of fridge, when you stay on, items needed will slowly start feeling up the space.

Also when catering the space for the fridge in the kitchen, ensure the carpentry allows more space for a fridge upsize in the future.

Dont get caught in the situation where you can only buy back a similar size fridge. ;)

Hi 011..thanks for your advice and feedback.. :good: ..we wanted a black fridge glass surface (think black is more chio) and energy saving hence choices are limited..samsung no black color..and hitachi has 3 ticks (based on the new ratings)..

Yupz.!! we have asked ID to cater space for a fridge upsize in future..hehe.. :thumbs up:

Some updates:

Pop by our love nest and surprised that electrician have fixed up our lights..FAST!! we thought the fixing of lights will be delayed..FINALLY we have lights!!! some pics to share..(pardon the poor visibility of some pics)

Cove lights: Love the cove lights (warm light) effect and fan..

img-20141116-wa0022.jpg

img-20141116-wa0034.jpg

Service yard lights: (lighting point was at the top, its a little dim perhaps due to the wall color we chosen, it gives us a dim feeling)

img-20141116-wa0024.jpg

Bed room 1 (study room): Fanco fan with light..its a little dim which we regretted. Will need to buy a higher watts..currently it is 3 bulbs with 7W..Alternatively will try to remove the cover of the lights so that it is brighter..

*If anyone thinking of buying fan with lights, got to consider the brightness..

img-20141116-wa0031.jpg

My toilet lights are the brightest..LOL..two colors (white and warm when open 2 togther)

img-20141116-wa0023.jpg

cove lights at master bedroom: (2 sides)

img-20141116-wa0029.jpg

This week will be able to see my evorich tiles / skirting....showerscreen and doors. :thumbs up:

Edited by Feliciachua