Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Feliciachua

Our 4 Room Love Nest..modern Scandinavian Theme

Finally managed to edit my images above to bigger size instead of the tiny pictures..finally have time to upload the pics in my wordpress and copy the URL links and Ta-dah!! finally have bigger images...pardon my "newbie-ness".. :~ ..

my Evorich Vinyl floor completed in a day:

seeing them cut and fix..very skillful... :thumbs up: ..we selected Markham Oak Medium as we prefer darker color...

img-20141119-wa0006-e1416494079238.jpg

Final Product: :sport-smiley-004:

img-20141119-wa0055-e1416494200909.jpg

We realized there are shiny spots on the vinyl when there is a direct light shining on it..is it normal? or it is because it is very new?

Timber Skirting:

20141120_202446-e1416495255907.jpg

Contrast with Evorich floor and Homo-wood like floor:

img-20141119-wa0056-e1416494230333.jpg

The contrast with two different kinds of tiles..hubby commented it will be better to do whole house vinyl i find it boring with same kind of tiles for our whole house, so decided to play around to have a different feel...hope i wont regret in long run.. :dunno:

Carpentry more or less confirmed, next will be the fixing of wooden doors, bi-fold doors and shower screen before starting on carpentry..carpentry is the most headache part in the whole reno process.. :~

hope can see new things tmr... :thumbs up:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Some updates:

Pop by our love nest and surprised that electrician have fixed up our lights..FAST!! we thought the fixing of lights will be delayed..FINALLY we have lights!!! some pics to share..(pardon the poor visibility of some pics)

Cove lights: Love the cove lights (warm light) effect and fan..

img-20141116-wa0022.jpg

img-20141116-wa0034.jpg

Service yard lights: (lighting point was at the top, its a little dim perhaps due to the wall color we chosen, it gives us a dim feeling)

img-20141116-wa0024.jpg

Bed room 1 (study room): Fanco fan with light..its a little dim which we regretted. Will need to buy a higher watts..currently it is 3 bulbs with 7W..Alternatively will try to remove the cover of the lights so that it is brighter..

*If anyone thinking of buying fan with lights, got to consider the brightness..

img-20141116-wa0031.jpg

My toilet lights are the brightest..LOL..two colors (white and warm when open 2 togther)

img-20141116-wa0023.jpg

cove lights at master bedroom: (2 sides)

img-20141116-wa0029.jpg

This week will be able to see my evorich tiles / skirting....showerscreen and doors. :thumbs up:

Hihi,

I guess perhaps we got the same Fanco fan with light from Tampoi as you, we are now using both the 42" & 52" in bedrooms and living room. Indeed the lights are not bright enough even when currently using 2 Philips LED 12W. Good thing is our LED downlights are very bright, so it does help to brighten the place a bit.. :)

Will you consider to fully craft brick the wall and get a wall hung mirror instead?? :notti:

011..hehe..still discussing with hubby..our problem is: there is no a better space to put a wall hung mirror at our living room.. :dunno: ..so most likely have to combine mirror with the brick walls..sacrifice the fully craft brick walls. :unsure:

Hi Felicia

can i know where you get your wooden tiles for your bedrooms from? also, what is the model number and the price psf? Thanks! and all the best in your reno :)

Hi Carltoneoz! Thanks for your well wishes!! :)

We got our homo wooden like tiles from Lian Seng Hin (Address: 568A Balestier Road Singapore 329885)

Its along the stretch of tiles shop, there are four tiles shop there (hafary, hup kiong etc).

psf price is close to $4..we didn't take down the model number..we love the feel and look..perhaps you can drop by their shop to see and also feel the tiles.. :good:

Hihi,

I guess perhaps we got the same Fanco fan with light from Tampoi as you, we are now using both the 42" & 52" in bedrooms and living room. Indeed the lights are not bright enough even when currently using 2 Philips LED 12W. Good thing is our LED downlights are very bright, so it does help to brighten the place a bit.. :)

Hihi! haha..cool!! same Fanco fans.. :jammin: ..we are using 9W currently.. :jawdrop: .it stated the maximum is 20W..we noticed that the main problem is due to the cover (opaque), we tried taking out the cover and it is soso much brighter..

Our living room has LED downlights but not in our bedrooms so we will try to buy a higher Watt and try it out again..update again!!!

Some updates:

Ta-dah!! our track lights are up!! we love our track lights effects.. :rolleyes: .. we bought the track lights from taobao..everything came in good condition including the tracks..satisfied!! :good:

7W warm lights: (current house condition is still in a mess, haha)

img-20141122-wa0035.jpgimg-20141122-wa0036-e1416817565867.jpg

my chandelier lights are up too..our electrician help us to setup the stand of our chandelier lights to the wall, and we hung the crystals ourselves..we bought this chandelier lights from TB..everything came in good condition too except that we broke 1 crystal ourselves.. :bleah:

img-20141124-wa0048.jpg

We bought this highly raved Philips steam iron from the Philips fair last weekend..

ip083480.jpg

Function:

There was a live demo during the fair, and the attractive point is that we can iron any garment from silk, to linen, to cotton, to cashmere, in any order (100% safe on all fabrics), without adjusting the temperature, without the risk of burn or shine or wait. It is said to reduce the ironing time and we were :notti: :notti:

Hope to see my new doors this week.. :jammin:

Hihi! haha..cool!! same Fanco fans.. :jammin: ..we are using 9W currently.. :jawdrop: .it stated the maximum is 20W..we noticed that the main problem is due to the cover (opaque), we tried taking out the cover and it is soso much brighter..

Our living room has LED downlights but not in our bedrooms so we will try to buy a higher Watt and try it out again..update again!!!

LOL...all our bedrooms also no downlights..in fact bdrm 2 and 3 only have a fanco fan with light each..

our MBR have a fan with light and 2 more lights (1 in the walkway from door to bed and another in the WIW)..

Hm, i shall try removing the light cover but worry aesthetically if husband will allow..thanks for the heads up :yamseng:

Yes , do share after u installed the higher wattage bulbs, cuz i am considering to do the same, heeehee~!~!~! :good:

Sis, can share your ID contact?

Hi Alvin! my ID contact: Colin from Renozone Interior.. PM you his contact..cheers!

Felicia,

Can Pm me the link of the tracklights as well as the forwarder that you use?

Thanks!

Hi Sharon! here you go:

Tracklights bought from this seller: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1.w4606817-7105804623.11.CscVBE&id=25661520767

Forwarder used: Yunfei..its around SG110 per CBM..i combine shipment with my taobao friends.. :rolleyes: ..HTH!!

LOL...all our bedrooms also no downlights..in fact bdrm 2 and 3 only have a fanco fan with light each..

our MBR have a fan with light and 2 more lights (1 in the walkway from door to bed and another in the WIW)..

Hm, i shall try removing the light cover but worry aesthetically if husband will allow..thanks for the heads up :yamseng:

Yes , do share after u installed the higher wattage bulbs, cuz i am considering to do the same, heeehee~!~!~! :good:

Haha!! same same!! ya..we tried to remove it and it is ugly because you can see the two bulbs.. :wacko: we will try to use a higher wattage bulbs first,.the max is 20W, maybe we will try 18W? haha..update u the results... ;)

Updates on door and carpentry

My kitchen bi-fold door from besglas..we love the sail white with clear glass to match our white brick feature wall..we did top track only..so there isn't those ugly bottom tracks. It is slightly more expensive to do top track, but we had no choice. We wanted a swing door for our kitchen previously, but the concern was that it will hit our fridge door if we do a swing door so we opted this bi-fold door from besglas. we love the effect! :thumbs up:

20141126_214739-e1417317697602.jpg

Doors for 3 rooms:

The original color - nyatoh doors for 3 rooms..Painter will paint it grey over it, and we opted black for the door frame..will update the final look of the door.. :) ..oh yes, we bought our own door knobs and our ID helped us to install.

20141127_191240-e1417317711276.jpg

img-20141117-wa00131-e1417318927489.jpg

Toilet suspended vanity cabinet

We wanted a bold bright color for our toilet vanity cabinet as we wanted to make the toilets a "different" feeling..orange laminate for common toilet and pink laminate for master toilet...Luckily, hubby didn't object to my pink laminate.. :P:P ..hope the mirror and sink will make it :good:

img-20141129-wa0028-e1417317549521.jpg

img-20141130-wa0007-e1417318896928.jpg