Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

LuvHenny,

Yea my hubby is actually trying to negotiate with the boss, telling him that we wanna scrap the package (cause the contract is very sketchy for that, no date specified, no quotation nothing) and we want to write EVERYTHING down in black and white. That way hopefully we can retain the 2k yet make full use of the company's services that are actually needed like include hacking down of wall.

We actually have the Small claims form all filled up and ready to file at a moment's notice, haha. But better to see if we can settle this out of court first. better for everyone also.

Ya, agree use back them if not very troublesome and waste of time even you small claims, it is waste of time and might be no answer in return. Just look for the boss/director and tell them your feeling as a customer and I believe they also want good repution and relationship with you, if not will affect their business. Wish you will get your renovation as per your request. Good luck sis

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey everyone.

Just a quick update on what happened with the negotiation with the director of the company:

Didnt work.

So now i am actually at small claims tribunal and hubby is in the mediation chambers. I will be providing a live update on what is happening.

Within 5 mins of the consultation, hubby came out and told me we printed the wrong company.

Its not Add.Space Design. Its *** lifestyle. Apparently they are a branch of the company.

Problem is, the showroom we have been going to is at 507 balestier, the email corespondance said 507 balestier, but the address for add.space lifestyle is 505 balestier.

So i dont know what dirty trick they have up their sleeves, trying to mask what with the many branches they have within one showroom...

But they just made me waste another 5.50 on them.

Wow. The mediation did nothing but drove us into a corner. All the guy had to say was. No i wont return ur deposit. If u continue to claim me, ill claim you bavk for damages. No i wont continue this at small claims.

Then how? Who would want to hire a lawyer for a bloody 2k claim? Win liao lor.

Do you see a way out? I dont.

Hey Melanie,

We empathize with you, as we are in the same predicament as you have, although we didn’t reach the stage where we have to engage any legal aid (yet).

Our ID also suddenly left the ID company, without a word. We had planned our new home with the ID for many months and even paid a deposit to get the designs on paper. Then, one day, the company just called and told us that the ID had left. Now, they have gotten another ID in their company to work with us. Same as you, the original quote ballooned by a few Ks.

We are still trying to negotiate the price down and hope matters can be resolved. Otherwise, we may lose our deposit and have to start all over again with another ID company.

Sigh…..

'How long have you been with the company' - rem to ask this when you first meet an ID?

Ask the same when about to buy insurance policy from 'financial consultants' :good: Minimum stay with co 10yr?

CultureShock: Tsk, these ID firms are really experienced in lawsuits. I hope u didn't pay much for the deposit? Same here, am looking for another ID/Contractor. But this time, I've learned my lesson and I was firm and strict to them upon meetup. Oddly, they seem nice and are not offended by my strong suggestions and opinions. "NO, I'm not going to be customizing my bedroom wardrobe. Definitely going for Kompactop and blum in (this ) color. Please send me quotations before further discussion, don't want to waste an hour here for nothing. You do realize I have a toddler, I'm holding my daughter right here, Why will I want to have a stair-like TV feature wall where she can climb all the way up to the ceiling?" (okay I have to admit I was pretty guarded and sceptical)

And they actually did some follow-up services... they whatsapped and asked if we are free to send them our floorplan and when we can meet to discuss. Well, at least Sky and Cisscern did... If I do go down to their showroom, I'll update you on how I think they are like. All the best for your ID man, hope your replacement is willing to nego with you.

Bepgof: That is actually a REALLY REALLY good advice. I'll do that and add a "are u planning to leave anytime soon?"

Bepgof: That is actually a REALLY REALLY good advice. I'll do that and add a "are u planning to leave anytime soon?"

You will never get the truth for each has his own hidden agenda. :angry2:

Yea I know. What to do? How else to get the truth before its too late, all I can do is to state my preferences and a hard-cookie attitude up front first.

Anyone has any comments on the following IDs below:

1. Fuse Concept

2. SpaceSenseStudio

3. Sky-Creation

4. The wooden Platform

5. Rezt and Relax

1 and 2 I shortlisted cause so far not many bad reviews but most importantly, i LOVE their style.

3 and 5 is cause of impression I got during the expo home fair knowledge they gave

4 cause a sweet RT forumer into his services to me, she did her reno with him personally and loved his attitude and work.

Pray to GOD I don't kena makan again

Edited by MelanieTan