Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

wow love ur red brick wall! nice nice =)

me tot of city gas for my new home too but worried but gas explosion and fire issue. tink I am tinking too much. me clueless about city gas heater. it is one heater to supply hot water to both toilet?

yeap one heater can supply to both toilets - I bought the higher end one cos the cheaper ones usually powerful enough to supply to one outlet...meaning if both toilets used for bathing at the same time..u need to 'snatch' for the hot water

The heater have built-in safety feature to auto-cut the gas after certain time..and installation is usually at service yard which is relatively well ventilated...so safety I think should be ok ba

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi we only replaced the master bedroom sink and tap. we got all our stuff at Phenomenon at Balestier and they have quite a wide variety and the shop is spacious.

im a strong supporter of city gas...my current house has been using city gas for at least 16 years and no problems at all :good:

besides new hdb now the holes are already predrilled and the toilet already has this grill box up...so minimal ugly pipes also

didnt install any rainshower cos we are using citygas and citygas had a promo in oct which was giving out free shower sets :)

thanks so much for your info! so excited for u for your new house hahaa m so excited about new houses i dunnno y

way free shower sets! how much do u need to buy to get the free shower set? where did u see it ah?

i m considering purchasing an electric water heater instead though. cos my friends, from observation, told me electric more energy-saving and i was reading up too...http://www.fortytwo.sg/magazine/2011/02/04/water-heater-gas-electrical/

hmmmm! diff opinions...

Progress

toiletries installation is done and lighting installation is almost complete...left a couple of missing stuff

after a lot of ding ding dong dong...in the end we still decided to go with the SPIN fan...(long story) :P

btw, it seems that the entire singapore is buying ceiling fan these few weeks..the fans are out of stock everywhere regardless of which fan we chose!

Carpentry is also about 70% complete..

Kitchen

Sink, hood, hob, oven all up. loving the white hood but it looks bulkier than expected...luckily we chose white to match the cupboard so it doesnt look that bad

Made a conscious decision to line the wood grains horizontally instead of vertical

Still thinking of how to rid the green ketupat tiles....saw Ronseal tile paint at Homefix but it costs a whopping 100 bucks for a can of paint :jawdrop: . Besides the cost, the time and effort needed to paint every single tile makes this more than a hundred bucks paint job.

It's definitely cheaper than overlaying the wall tiles... but still looking for cheaper alternative

20141127_164109_zps5fe7a3ad.jpg

20141127_164114_zps959f95d1.jpg

Foyer

loving the cabinet...still need some adjustments but overall the laminate combo turned out well.

Mr super like the metal divider..especially how the design casts shadows on the wall when we turn on the lights at night

20141127_164409_zpsf906b853.jpg

20141127_164319_zps6265722a.jpg

20141127_164036_zpsdf724287.jpg

Edited by ndloong

TV feature

Feeling satisfied seeing the black groove lines with the laminate...yay!

20141127_164008_zps523f24e9.jpg

Study

left with study shelf doors..last min painted the wall dark grey to provide the well needed contrast

20141127_163811_zps3780b85c.jpg

20141127_163850_zps4859eb3d.jpg

the back of the mbr wardrobe in the study

20141127_163835_zpsfeb68415.jpg

Dining

fixed up the vento fan and the dining lights...roughly coiled the dining lights round the metal bar to check out the look and feel...still needs to be finetuned.

but overall happy with the result...hopefully time will help straighten up fabric cords...now the wriggly wires look duh.

20141129_194302_zps1513f403.jpg

MBR

simply needed to post this pic of my fave light in the house :sport-smiley-004: cant help but keep staring at the soothing glow :D

looks very dim but it's my lousy photo taking skills...perfectly sufficient to light up the MBR

20141129_191034_zps7fc68bee.jpg

More updates next week!

Edited by ndloong

How strong is the vento fan? :) and where did you buy it?

it's really strong..dont underestimate its size

got it from Tampoi lighting in Johor..more half price compared to SG! Singapore its retailing at about $1200. Bought the rotating version at about $500

the none rotating one is about $300...so just decided to go with rotating one to get more bang for the buck

Thank you very much for doing this T-blog! Your house looks great and I've learnt alot! Could I trouble you to pm me the details for getting a craft brick wall done? Considered DIYing it but if the price for the labour is good, I'd rather get it done by them.

Thank you very much for doing this T-blog! Your house looks great and I've learnt alot! Could I trouble you to pm me the details for getting a craft brick wall done? Considered DIYing it but if the price for the labour is good, I'd rather get it done by them.

Hi

Can share how much is cost for the installation and brick you bought?

Thanks ^^

PM-ed :D

TV feature

Feeling satisfied seeing the black groove lines with the laminate...yay!

20141127_164008_zps523f24e9.jpg

Study

left with study shelf doors..last min painted the wall dark grey to provide the well needed contrast

20141127_163811_zps3780b85c.jpg

20141127_163850_zps4859eb3d.jpg

the back of the mbr wardrobe in the study

20141127_163835_zpsfeb68415.jpg

Dining

fixed up the vento fan and the dining lights...roughly coiled the dining lights round the metal bar to check out the look and feel...still needs to be finetuned.

but overall happy with the result...hopefully time will help straighten up fabric cords...now the wriggly wires look duh.

20141129_194302_zps1513f403.jpg

MBR

simply needed to post this pic of my fave light in the house :sport-smiley-004: cant help but keep staring at the soothing glow :D

looks very dim but it's my lousy photo taking skills...perfectly sufficient to light up the MBR

20141129_191034_zps7fc68bee.jpg

More updates next week!

Hi ndloong,

Your Vento Fino is version 2? I noticed the blade is of different design; the blade design is Fino 1?

Thanks. :)