Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marrythaigirlsg

Door For Kitchen Entrance

Hello all.

I am looking to install a door for my kitchen entrance.

The entrance is about 92cm tall and 36 cm wide.

I did some research and seems like either PD Door or Bi-fold Door is suitable, any better option?

And also what kind of pricing should I expect?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I do not like bi-fold door since they spoil easily. My relatives have sworn off using them for kitchen and toilet a long time ago.

I think sliding glass door is much better. Gives a semi open concept, slim and doesn't take up space.

Agreed with the diva. Try glass or a timber sliding panel for visual effect.

Also, your specs of 92 cm height and 36 cm width doesnt really make sense. Are those correct?

Bifold door can spoil easily ..... we got an Eco Series swinging door from Ministry of Door for our kitchen ..... it's been there nearly 1.5+ years now, and we love it. They were easy to deal with and lots of great designs. Also, if you really want, the design can be changed later on if you want to 'refresh' your place :) They come with a five year or ten year warranty. They have both sliding and swinging type.

http://www.ministryofdoor.com.sg/

Also, your specs of 92 cm height and 36 cm width doesnt really make sense. Are those correct?

Yep, I used a measuring tape to measure from top to bottom, left to right.

Bifold door can spoil easily ..... we got an Eco Series swinging door from Ministry of Door for our kitchen ..... it's been there nearly 1.5+ years now, and we love it. They were easy to deal with and lots of great designs. Also, if you really want, the design can be changed later on if you want to 'refresh' your place :) They come with a five year or ten year warranty. They have both sliding and swinging type.

http://www.ministryofdoor.com.sg/

Thanks, what kind of pricing should I expect? $200? $300? $400? By the way this ministry of door seems to have some very bad reviews here...

• Like 1

Well aesthetics is secondary to me, most important is easy to use, durable and can separate the kitchen from my living room because I have aircon in living room, I want to watch tv and enjoy the cool air ;)

Of course try not to be too expensive, those glass doors are really pricy, seems to be at least $1000 or more.

I am sorry but the dimensions are glaringly wrong. If the size is correct, only children can enter your kitchen.

Hmm, now that you mention, the dimensions does seem very odd, I myself is already 181 cm tall haha, will measure again.

I think you can use swing door with glass panel to prevent bang to the other side of people who is near the door. This is wat I planned to install at my kitchen door

To be honest, i have only seen good reviews online of Ministry of Door..., with one exception.... the owner of a rival door company (Republic Doors if i recall correctly) put up some posts saying how bad the online store is.

Search the forums and I would be surprised if you find other really bad reviews. I have recommended to many friends who have also had okay experiences.

Edited by EdensMom

Maybe you can try yong fang. I just engaged them for installing of kitchen and bedroom doors. The sale person Shirley is quite friendly and she even give comments on how it should done all this.

i tink you meant inches.

92 cm and 36 cm is big enough for an adult to crawl through

Edited by tanweiw

I am sorry but the dimensions are glaringly wrong. If the size is correct, only children can enter your kitchen.

i believed it's inches. 92" by 36" is 230cm by 90cm, which makes some sense