Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

The sale was up to 70% so it was already much cheaper than usual so that was my strategy on how I convinced the man to buy all the above items. I mean, how often is it to buy Bosch items for such cheap prices? Lol. :notti:

I think twice a year. LOL.

~ I brought my washing machine and dryer last April during their warehouse sale too! I see you bought the super quiet model for the washing machine.

Really good buy for the built in microwave too. That time no have.

+1 for the green kitchen but it will be hard too pull off. Anyway, the white brown theme confirm nice, so why not render the 3D in the boldest colours possible. Then change 3D to brown if you don't like it.

Dont tell your ID I said this...

Edited by g0mug0mu

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ma5quer: The man wanted to retain the room so that won't have much hacking, so in actual fact, we only switched the door positioning into our MBR. I have too many clothes seriously so I need the wardrobe space! Even with my 16ft L shape wardrobe I doubt I have enough. So there is no way I can squeeze my clothes into a wardrobe that is built into the MBR itself.

Hahah.. I'm keeping my man in check before he hacks away every possible wall :lol: Never had a chance for large wardrobe so asking for a 16.4 ft one. If not enough, I will chope the wardrobe for the guest room too and ask the man to keep his stuff in the bomb shelter :P

A green kitchen is cool! While I'm more for consistent look through the whole place, my id highlighted the recent trend in each area having its distinct look/feel. Go with your heart, it's something you will face for at least 10 years down the road ;)

Edited by ma5quer

Thank you for the sweet replies. After much discussion, the man and I decided to just stick to the white and brown theme for the kitchen especially so that it will look more consistent like what ma5quer mentioned. Nevertheless, we will have some green in the service yard. Still brewing in the process I guess.

Most of the time, I am the one looking through Taobao and deciding the stuff to buy and then go through once or twice with the man. I guess he really let me make the decisions on what to buy since we have rather similar taste on what is nice to us and what isn't. Plus I suspect it is because he is lazy to go and source for them. Lol. Not easy to find the perfect one given so many options anyway.

Meanwhile, we have made another big ticket purchase - Our sofa! We went for the gracious living exhibition @ Singapore Expo to look around for a sofa.

Our requirements are:

1) Comfy. I am a sucker for plushy sofa.

​2) Aesthetically nice, don't look too bulky.

3) L shape with Ergonomically inclined Leg Rest (optional)

Our budget was around 2.5k for a full leather one. But we still exceeded the budget because the man can tell the difference between the lower end leather feel and higher range ones. Really is 一分钱一分货... In the end, we decided to just give in to our wants and bite the bullet to purchase it.

sofa_zps455e81c6.jpg

Our 2.8m sofa. Scratch proof, stain proof and fitted with latex so that it won't be too warm on a warm day. The price they gave to us is the same as their 2.5m one. So it is like a free upgrade. The two short sofa are equipped with ergonomically inclined Leg Rest. Technically we do not know if it is a good deal or not because it still exceeded our budget for the sofa.

sofacolour_zps3f65c685.jpg

The colour of the leather we chose is taupe, colour not really true to this picture, with dark brown trimmings, not really obvious because it only covers a tiny part of the sofa.

This is so that the sofa can blend into the woody feel we are trying to create. I have not told my ID about all these purchases yet. Hope that she will not have too much of a headache. Hahaha.

Edited by snowy89

This post will be all about the 3D images that I have gotten from my ID, I would say it is about 80% of what the final product would look like because we are still making some changes! In order to make sure that the design we will be getting will be 耐看, I have spent a long time looking at it to ensure that I will really like this in years to come.

livingroom_zps4ffc78f7.jpg

Living room, I am super insistent on having the craft stone as feature wall in the living room. When I was still young, I remember falling in love in it when I saw it in some of the bungalows' feature and thought that if I have to have a house in the future, I die also have to do it.

foyer_zps3d78f6a2.jpg

Foyer Area. Carpentry would include the shoe cabinet with a box carved out in the middle portion so that I can sit there to wear my shoes. Also worth a mention is the dining table settee that we are doing to save some walking space. We changed the layout of the kitchen entrance so that nothing would be blocking it. My ID was the one who suggested that we should use glass for a partially see through kitchen, aka ding tai feng style. The man and I liked the idea so here it is. The big mirror behind the settee area will be tinted bronze to fit in to the rest of the theme.

kitchen_zps6c520032.jpg

Brown Kitchen. Thinking of changing the black spray glass into white instead.

KitchenArea_2_zpsd70dd23e.jpg

Green Kitchen that we have decided to drop. :(

spareroom_zps1916c632.jpg

Bedroom 3. Actually only doing up the wardrobe at the side but the ID is kind enough to provide an entire 3D for this room as well. I am intending to change it to white with black frames. Changing this to a black and white theme room! Perhaps with some grey to make it less harsh as well.

We initially wanted to shift this ikea hemnes day bed that was currently placed in the man's room but decided not to for now but our kind ID photoshopped everything in so that we can better visualize it.

In fact, I sent her a powerpoint stating the furniture and lighting we are intending to buy so that the 3D will look as realistic as possible. :P

(To be continued...)

MBR_zps54a4967d.jpg

My personal favourite - our MBR, Not going to have the fan, instead another small french style light would replace its space. Reason being, our bed is actually quite tall, so we are scared that the ceiling fan will chop off people's heads accidentally plus we are going to have aircon installed anyways. :wub:

WIW_zpsea8576d2.jpg

WIW + study area, to be matchy with the french theme with usage of whites, cream beige and some contrasting colour for the table top.

MBRtoilet_zpsa169c56d.jpg

Our MBR toilet. I know it is actually very drastic change but actually got link one lah. I am going to put red roses in the bedroom so this red roses and black toilet would be matchy with the french theme bedroom as well. Also, managed to source for rose tap and basins. My ID again showed her talent by suggesting the laminate for the cupboard under the basin to be of the dark rose design. It is so chio I can't even... Also going to overlay the wall tiles with this tiles that I seen in one of their showrooms. It was love at first sight for both the man and me again.

So as you all can see, I love themes to a drastic level. So our house is swinging from one extreme to the other, but I still love them very much. We are trying to keep an area to its unique theme, like the living room + kitchen and service yard - resort spa feel. MBR + WIW room - french style etc. To me, having a single theme would be kinda boring and overbearing but that is just me. The man and I even joked that we have the perfect showroom for our ID to showcase to their future customers cos can show so many different themes all at once. LOL! :sport-smiley-004:

I am feeling so excited about this as the time to collect our keys are near.

Black WC!! My ID used black in his 3D too and I told him a black one will prob provide us with the excuse of not having to clean as often coz can't see :lol:

So long as you are prepared that darker tiles makes the area looks smaller, a dark bathroom looks cool & posh! Had initially considered dark tiles for master bathroom too but am reconsidering after seeing an actual application in a friend's place. Makes it look really tiny!

And since your layout is pretty similar to mine..not too sure if you have this big fugly window above toilet bowl in MBR toilet? Checked my floorplan again and yours shouldn't have this issue coz HDB should have included it in floorplan if there is one. It's to provide access to the aircon ledge. Mine has it...so big mirror is out :(

When are you getting your keys? I'm waiting for mine by end nov!

Edited by ma5quer

Black WC!! My ID used black in his 3D too and I told him a black one will prob provide us with the excuse of not having to clean as often coz can't see :lol:

So long as you are prepared that darker tiles makes the area looks smaller, a dark bathroom looks cool & posh! Had initially considered dark tiles for master bathroom too but am reconsidering after seeing an actual application in a friend's place. Makes it look really tiny!

And since your layout is pretty similar to mine..not too sure if you have this big fugly window above toilet bowl in MBR toilet? Checked my floorplan again and yours shouldn't have this issue coz HDB should have included it in floorplan if there is one. It's to provide access to the aircon ledge. Mine has it...so big mirror is out :(

When are you getting your keys? I'm waiting for mine by end nov!

I am actually the one who demanded for the black WC as I wanted a classy black and red theme for the toilet. I don't think the tiles will make a big difference to the bathroom size cos our bathroom is already pathetically small. Haha! My MBR bathroom did not have the fugly window above the toilet bowl but it was exactly like how my ID had predicted the window to be. There was a big hooha about the designer of the project being stupiak for not doing it that way though.. as the showerhead is being placed in the opp side of the WC and we can't do a shower screen only as this will block the entrance. We will have to have a full swing glass door and this is how I could still have my big storage mirror there. :unsure:

I am getting my keys in nov too! Just that it is early nov~ Hope to see you start up your t-blog soon so that we can all exchange reno tips. :D

• Like 1

very nice... looks very classy and elegant...

Wish u have a smooth reno journey ahead ^^

I got stalk your t-blog, your house is simple but also very nice! Exactly the kind of theme I want for my bedroom 3.

Hope that you will have a smooth reno as well. :good:

This is my finalized quotation. However, please understand that I am unable to provide the breakdown cost of each and every item.

Demolition Works

Common Bathroom Area

1) Labour to dismantle existing sink @ common bathroom area.

Kitchen Area

1) Labour to hack existing (est L2.5ft) full ht wall @ kitchen entrance area.

Bedroom 2 Area

1) Labour to dismantle existing door & door frame @ bedroom 2 entrance area.

2) Labour to hack existing (est L3.5ft) full ht wall @ bedroom 2 area.

Master Bathroom Area

1) Labour to dismantle existing sink @ master bathroom area.

Carpentry Works

Foyer/Dining/Living Area

1) To design & install (est L6.5ft) full ht casement door shoe cabinet c/w big open niche using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen finishing @ foyer area.

2) To design & install (est L6ft) low ht settee c/w flip up storage using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen finishing @ dining area.

3) To design & install (est L6ft) half ht settee backing c/w selected P.U leather cushion using solid-ply laminate finishing @ dining settee area.

4) To design & install (est L6ft) half ht tinted mirror @ above dining settee area.

5) To design & install (est L2400mm x H1500mm) half ht TV feature wall using solid-ply wood with craft stone finishing @ living area.

6) To design & install (est L7ft) suspended TV console c/w flip down doors using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen finishing @ living area.

7) To supply & install (est L10ft) full ht false wall using gypsum board partition finishing @ living area.

Kitchen/Service Yard Area

1) To patch & make good all damaged areas after hacking @ kitchen area.

2) To supply & construct (est L6ft) half ht concrete wall using hollow block finish @ kitchen area.

3) To supply & construct concrete kitchen cabinet base,fridge base,washing machine base c/w tiles finishing @ kitchen area.

4) To design & install (est L30ft) top & bottom cabinet using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen finishing @ kitchen area.

* Blum anti-slam drawer runner tracks (For 3 nos of drawers) FOC

* Blum anti-slam hinges (For all casement doors) FOC

* Blum HK anti-slam overlift system (1 no) FOC

* Stainless steel dish drainer(1 no) FOC

* Installation (only) for hood & hob FOC

5) To design & install (est L2ft) full ht tall larder using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen finishing @ kitchen area.

6) To supply & install (est L13.5ft) selected granite surface top @ bottom kitchen cabinet area.(20 mm profile)

7) To supply & install (est L13.5ft) spray paint glass backing @ between top & bottom kitchen cabinet recess wall area.

8) To supply & install (est L6ft) half ht (10 mm) tempered clear glass fixed panel @ half ht wall area.

9) To supply & install 1 no of (10 mm) tempered clear glass swing door @ kitchen entrance area.

Common Bathroom Area

1) To supply & construct 1 no of shower kerb c/w tiles finishing @ common bathroom area.

2) To supply & install 1 no of (10 mm) tempered clear glass fixed panel @ common bathroom shower area.

3) To design & install (est L2ft) top hung casement door storage cabinet using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen

Bedroom 3 Area

1) To design & install (est L5.5ft) full ht sliding door wardrobe using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen finishing

Bedroom 2/Master Bedroom Area

1) To patch & make good to all damaged areas after hacking @ between bedroom 2 and master bedroom area.

2) To seal up existing door way using plaster board partition finishing @ bedroom 2 entrance area.

3) To design & install (est L16ft) full ht sliding door wardrobe using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen finishing @ bedroom 2.

4) To design & install (est L9ft) half ht study desk c/w drawer units using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen finishing @ bedroom 2.

5) To design & install 2 nos of (est L2ft) suspended wooden ledge using solid-ply laminate finishing @ bedroom 2.

6) To supply & install 1 no of (10 mm) tempered clear glass sliding door c/w top hung track mechanism @ bedroom 2.

Master Bedroom Bathroom Area

1) To supply & overlay selected homogeneous wall tiles @ master bathroom area.(Gloss/Matt Finished, 300mm x 600mm @ $3 psf)

2) To supply & construct 1 no of shower kerb c/w tiles finishing @ master bathroom area.

3) To design & install (est L2.5ft) suspended casement door vanity cabinet using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen.

4) To supply & install (est L2.5ft) selected granite surface top @ vanity cabinet top area.

5) To design & install (est L4.5ft) top hung casement door mirror box using solid-ply laminate with internal polygen finishing.

6) To supply & install 1 no (10 mm) tempered clear glass fixed panel @ master bathroom shower area. --> needs to be changed

Ceiling & Painting Works

1) To design & install false ceiling c/w recess cove lighting effect using plaster board partition finishing @ foyer/dining/living

2) To design & install cornices using plaster board partition finishing @ master bedroom area.

3) To supply & paint whole house walls,ceilings,pipings & door/door frames using ICI/NIPPON paint.(Vinilex 5000)

Plumbering Works

1) To install 1 no of kitchen sink.(Sink fittings provided by owner)

2) To install 1 no of storage heater.(Storage heater provided by owner)

3) To install sink, handspray & bathroom accessories @ common bathroom area.(Fittings provided by owner)

4) To install sink,handspray & bathroom accessories @ master bathroom area.(Fittings provided by owner)

M.I.S.C

1) To supply & lay corrugated protection paper @ all working areas.

2) Labour to provide general cleaning & washing.

3) Labour to provide haulage and clearing of debris / Uploading and downloading of materials.

Professional services

1) Design Consultation

2) Space Planning

3) 3D Perspective & Detail Drawings

4) Material & Colour Proposal

5) Project Management

6) Site Supervision

I am actually the one who demanded for the black WC as I wanted a classy black and red theme for the toilet. I don't think the tiles will make a big difference to the bathroom size cos our bathroom is already pathetically small. Haha! My MBR bathroom did not have the fugly window above the toilet bowl but it was exactly like how my ID had predicted the window to be. There was a big hooha about the designer of the project being stupiak for not doing it that way though.. as the showerhead is being placed in the opp side of the WC and we can't do a shower screen only as this will block the entrance. We will have to have a full swing glass door and this is how I could still have my big storage mirror there. :unsure:

I am getting my keys in nov too! Just that it is early nov~ Hope to see you start up your t-blog soon so that we can all exchange reno tips. :D

You managed to get your black WC already? Doesn't seem to have many options in the market?

Hahaha.. maybe the designer did sliding shower screen for his own and expected everyone else to follow suit. I dunno who is more stupiak though..the one who design it or the one that approves it :rolleyes:

Will start my blog when I firm up the design! Still making quite a no of changes :sport-smiley-004:

You managed to get your black WC already? Doesn't seem to have many options in the market?

Hahaha.. maybe the designer did sliding shower screen for his own and expected everyone else to follow suit. I dunno who is more stupiak though..the one who design it or the one that approves it :rolleyes:

Will start my blog when I firm up the design! Still making quite a no of changes :sport-smiley-004:

I went to Heritage some time back to source for my black WC, there are a few in the market but really very little choices lor. Just awaiting for key collection now so that I know what kind of WC I can buy given the limited WC S trap size HDB has. Need to measure first before knowing if the WC can fit. Haha, I don't mind the design actually. Been wanting to do a swing bathroom door since day 1 but the cost deterred us. Now we have a reason to do it. :P

Hi hi, just to share something as a black WC-owner 😁 we got ours from Royal Fanco under the Baron brand. It is nice and different but can be quite a pain to maintain it. It doesn't show dirt but it shows water marks clearly. So after washing it, it is best to wipe it with a dry cloth.

• Like 1

Hi hi, just to share something as a black WC-owner we got ours from Royal Fanco under the Baron brand. It is nice and different but can be quite a pain to maintain it. It doesn't show dirt but it shows water marks clearly. So after washing it, it is best to wipe it with a dry cloth.

Thank you for the advice, I will rmb to wipe it after washing. I saw the Baron brand online but not sure if the flushing power is any good? I am looking for those one tick ones. So that one flush and everything will be gone. Haha!

Sharing some of the purchases that I have taobao-ed so far but not yet arrived. I did my own sourcing, but the main criteria to online shop is to always check out the seller ranking and the feedback on the items by other customers. Like all the others, I will only give the links here and review them after I have receive them physically. This is to ensure that that the item is really good to use. Don't want to intro bad stuffs to you all also at the same time. Nonetheless, if you die die want the link and cannot wait, drop me a PM. ;)

For my living room & dining room area, I bought these items:

livingdiningarea_zpsc9343d4d.jpg

Mainly downlights and track lights for the corridor. I also managed to source for the exact same light shown in the inspiration photo. The man and I love this light and couldn't find it anywhere at first. Taobao rocks. The floral spotlight is for our shoe cabinet. :D

Also decided to get our coffee table and dining table in this design. Both which will only be purchased as the second batch. First batch mainly consists of lightings, basins and taps etc.

Moving on to the next area, our kitchen!

kitchenarea_zpsd1d6b6cd.jpg

The light is kind of artistic right? My first choice was OOS, and I managed to find this as a replacement light. But this light kind of grew on me and I love it more than the first choice now. Got the popular sellena sink, drainer and tap as well, heard of the recent rust problems and I am going to get the SS stain spray to ensure that this sink will be good to go in time to come. I am also looking forward to have a pull out larder installed for my canned food. Told the man this is a must and I refuse to budge on it. Heh heh.

Also, as our recess area in the kitchen is all fixed with spray glass, we do not wish to risk drilling into it and breaking the glass, hence I managed to find these suctioned handle to be used to hang all the utensils to dry.

The eubiq track is a recent purchase in a expo sale. We bought the 1000mm SH1 track, was given 5 TLH4 adapters and a lamp. It comes with free kitchen rack for a deal of $399, cash and carry.

Next, I will be touching on my common bathroom area, something that I have not been talking about. Mainly because I am keeping the tiles that HDB has given me. I am glad that it is in the shade of blue mosiac tiles, because I want it to be of a sea theme, not really the nautical theme but think of seashells, mermaid and the ocean. :yeah:

commonbathroom_zps6e62029c.jpg

Gonna have the same rainshower and spraygun set for my MBR bathroom. Wanted something to stand out as a feature in the common bathroom, so we decided to go for a stand alone basin. The mirror and light is also meant to be matchy with the blue mosiac tiles.

Last but not least, I will go on to my MBR area, because it is my favourite and I am biased towards it. Lol, I can talk about it forever but I don't wish to bore you guys with the details. So hopefully the pictures will do the talking.

MBRtaobaoitems_zps1320bce9.jpg

After browsing through zillions of french furnitures, the man still think that majority of the furnitures are very ugly. The man have higher and stricter standards as compared to me so after viewing like 23143 pages, I finally came across this set of vanity table with matchy side table. I loved it and showed it to him and he reply,"美!" Meant beautiful in chinese, thus there we have it, our confirmed set of furniture we will buy for batch 2. The smaller french looking light will be placed on top of the bed and the chandelier, obviously in the vanity table. I have also showed a brief preview of what my wallpaper is going to be for the MBR if you can spot it. Also shown in the picture are our bedside lamps and atas looking tissue box (a must for the man cos he is always sneezing). Lastly, the pair of angel decoration that I have to have. Had to :bow: before the man gave the green light for this. I simply love it, it completes the french MBR to a perfection level. :wub:

There are still many stuffs that I have placed for order but simply too many to share so they can be reserve for future posts. The agent I am using is peeka. I know they are not the cheapest, but they are also the best at repackaging and ensuring that the items do not break, i.e. inspection in the warehouse. Thus, it is like buying extra security. :dancingqueen:

• Like 1