Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

tracklights_zpsab875c01.jpg

My tracklight is up! I placed it along the corridor since I did not do any false ceiling. I bought the 4W one but they are surprisingly very bright, good enough for the corridor.

Also...

kitchenfan_zpsbcc51fd1.jpg

My vento fino II, tucked in the corner of the kitchen. Can't wait to switch it on. :dancingqueen:

Edited by snowy89

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just a short update today.

Suddenly, all my carpentry are up but works are still ongoing !!!! Shall post some pictures of my WIW today because the workers fast hand fast leg and have already fixed the doors and internals. :yeah:

WIW_zps3c308cb6.jpg

Taken using panorama with a shaky hand because the entrance of my WIW abit small, just a door size so cannot fit my 16ft wardrobe in a single shot. I need to get wide lense DSLR to fit everything in man. :rolleyes:

laminates_zpsb6fc43eb.jpg

Colours true to this photo. I am glad I went for metal strips instead of a different coloured laminate for the middle section. Looks simple and classy. I picked the ones with a bit sparkle effect and I love it. Glossy laminates FTW, I think it is easier to clean and upkeep as compared to the matt ones.

drawers_zpsacc19a73.jpg

Parts of my internal coloured PVC that my ID provides for all my carpentry and included in the quote. Really makes the wardrobe look atas.

I have a look around and all the hinges are using blum. So it makes me feel that the amount I spent are really for good materials. Never steal work cut material. :D I am pleased with the workmanship as well, although some parts still need minor rectification like v slight alignment.

Will post more pictures soon but nowadays I only go down 1-2x a week to monitor and see see, sometimes late at night (now that my lights are up!).

• Like 1

My living room TV feature wall and console.

featurewall_zpsf33cb4fd.jpg

Got look like the 3D? Gonna change the cove light because I don't fancy the yellowish tone it gave off. One of the downside of buying for taobao. I bought a whole roll for $50, but used it for my common bathroom anyway so I guessed it is not money down the drain. One roll in qoo10 is also almost $50 anyway.

House in a mess as you can see. Maybe because the carpentry works are still ongoing. ID haven't send them for haulage yet. 8|

Love ur MBR ! Nice , I also like French style

I can't wait to decorate the room with the furnishings because I did not do any build in. At least this is the only room that will look spacious. Nonetheless, I will need to hire carpenter to fix up the taobao dresser and side tables. :paint:

My living room TV feature wall and console.

featurewall_zpsf33cb4fd.jpg

Got look like the 3D? Gonna change the cove light because I don't fancy the yellowish tone it gave off. One of the downside of buying for taobao. I bought a whole roll for $50, but used it for my common bathroom anyway so I guessed it is not money down the drain. One roll in qoo10 is also almost $50 anyway.

House in a mess as you can see. Maybe because the carpentry works are still ongoing. ID haven't send them for haulage yet. 8|

I really like your feature wall. The colour scheme too – the colours of the feature wall, tv console laminate, ceiling, skirting, plus the whites all seem to produce a pleasing visual combination. :)

JohnB: Thank you! I like the combination as well. This is after contemplating for one year and staring at the 3D for many days to make sure I really like it. Had such a headache to single out each laminate because there are so many choices !! Will be posting on the kitchen cabinets next !! !! Also the same theme, white and wood using the same laminates. :P

My kitchen outlook. Did carpentry on both sides.

kitchen_zps5eb7417b.jpg

This is the small element of surprise. My green corner at the service yard. Will be painting the pipes brown and maybe entwine them with rose twines? So that it can look like a mini forest. My ID laughed when we told her we want to do this. So bad one.

I am happy with the kitchen carpentry - white with a hint of wood trimming. Workmanship is good, nothing to be extremely frustrated over. All the cabinets and drawers come in blum hinges and blum drawer tracks.

kitchen2_zps15db0efb.jpg

The other side of the kitchen cabinet will be where I place the fridge and my free area. Also, my pull out larder that will be in a different post because I forgot to take photos of it. The four little drawers will contain my utensil tray and three other small drawers to put whatever we want. Specially requested for a glass cabinet. I don't know how but glass cabinets are so pretty. The insides are lined with the same wood laminates. My ID says laminates are expensive but she gave it to us anyway. :wub:

Any suggestions on what to be stored there? The man and I are thinking maybe displaying the different type of liquors that we collected previously.

The grey box that you see lying on the table top contained my 1000cm eubiq track that I got from an expo roadshow for $399. My electrician will be installing them today.

• Like 1

tracklights_zpsab875c01.jpg

My tracklight is up! I placed it along the corridor since I did not do any false ceiling. I bought the 4W one but they are surprisingly very bright, good enough for the corridor.

Also...

kitchenfan_zpsbcc51fd1.jpg

My vento fino II, tucked in the corner of the kitchen. Can't wait to switch it on. :dancingqueen:

HI snowy89,

Vento fino II's blades can be changed? Cause I noticed that the blade in the picture is fino I's.

Fino II's blade should be 004.png?

Thanks. :)

Thank you so much! Can I check if the second link comes with the track? It says one set, how many bulbs is that do u know?

Many Thanks!!!

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=35905774660

Sorry Emiclus, I bought the track and bulbs separately as I wanted spares and it seems that the seller had made some changes to the order. Maybe you can try messaging the seller.

HI snowy89,

Vento fino II's blades can be changed? Cause I noticed that the blade in the picture is fino I's.

Fino II's blade should be 004.png?

Thanks. :)

I think tampoi is selling vento fino II with vento fino I blades. I actually prefer the vento fino I blades as compared to the clover leaf shape. The main point of vento fino II is in the body of the fan. In vento fino II, you can see the body of the metal part is longer and the metal bar is not fixed to the metal part. That allows it to oscillate. Nothing to do with the blades.

yellow-blades-vento-fino-tp_546202867688

Example here is vento fino I fan.. You can compare it to my fan. My fan is vento fino II mechanism but vento fino I blades. You are right that it looks like a vento fino I fan. Price is a factor and as my wallet limits, I can only afford to pay $500+ for something that sell for $1400+ in Singapore. I need the oscillation, cooking in the kitchen will make me sweat like no tomorrow. :sport-smiley-003: