Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thanks snowy89! YEP IT'S A GOOOOOOD BUY!!! I didn't wanted it initially but couldn't resist in the end :good: I'm just praying FOR MY Taobao loots to be shipped out soon as they're still stuck at their China Receiving Centre.. :help:

Anyway, my renovations started on Thurs and I hope to start my T-blog soon! :sport-smiley-018: Have benefited much from your sharing and pictures post! Can't wait!!

Sorry Countryglow, I bought the more expensive one. It is the same price as you have stated. I forgot about the rough $, but the exchange rate from peeka was slightly better then but still very worth it to buy as compared to buying locally. Saved about 70% I would say. The only annoying thing is the water marks left behind. If you want it to look sparkling new will have to clean it every other day. :bleah:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks snowy89! YEP IT'S A GOOOOOOD BUY!!! I didn't wanted it initially but couldn't resist in the end :good: I'm just praying FOR MY Taobao loots to be shipped out soon as they're still stuck at their China Receiving Centre.. :help:

Anyway, my renovations started on Thurs and I hope to start my T-blog soon! :sport-smiley-018: Have benefited much from your sharing and pictures post! Can't wait!!

Country Glow, can't wait to see your T-blog!! Support!!

Hi, i have a noob question. For clothes that need to be hand washed, are you able to wash your clothes at the service yard? Or you wash it at the common toilet before bringing it over to service yard to hang?

Hi snowy89, i'm from 258A, you house is done up nicely!

btw for the water storage how long can the heat last when the timer is up?

does 2 person showering at the same time reduce the tempature?

lastly are you able to send me your quote to xavilee28@gmail.com? Thanks!

Hi xavi!! I'm from 258A too. Another neighbour:)

Hi, i have a noob question. For clothes that need to be hand washed, are you able to wash your clothes at the service yard? Or you wash it at the common toilet before bringing it over to service yard to hang?

Hi peachpokka,

May I know what type of clothes require to be hand washed? I think bosch washing machine that I bought has been good to me so far, even for silk/delicate clothings, there is a function for it to be washed. I tried it the other day and all turned out well. I did not have to hand wash any laundry yet. I usually throw my lingerie into a laundry pouch though so that it will not be damaged in the progress. Anyway, I am glad I purchase this washing machine brand, because it is really silent and only give sounds after the washing is done.

On another note, the dryer is also a must too, I think staying at the lower levels has its disadvantages. Especially if the upper levels' neighbours are not the considerate sort. I have seen in two separate events whereby water comes gushing down the service yard area from the upper levels. Perhaps they are trying to clean their service yard ledge but if my clothes had been hang out to dry, it is really GG for me. Another advantage is that there is no need for ironing of the clothes since they are still hot from the dryer, just straighten it by pulling and there will be no wrinkles on the clothes. It is that awesome. :notti:

Guest room is now complete with the bed I purchased online.

guest%20bed_zpsxxr0m0ls.jpg

Single bed size. I chose the black frame to cater to the "Black & white" theme of the room. The bed costs me $195, inclusive of shipping and installation. Cheaper than ikea as well. Hopefully it will last for quite a bit.

bed%20detail_zpsowvhhtmk.jpg

The headboard. Comes with sparkling crystals as well. A worthy buy because it does not scream cheap. Even though it is.

Nothing to nitpick about since the price is so low. We reuse the seahorse mattress that my husband brought over from his previous house.

I am really glad that after placing the bed, the room still looks okay sized. It is small but not cramped. Thank goodness! :drunk:

Closing chapter

My renovation has finally come to a closure after so long. I am truly glad that this forum has benefited me and many others as well. But like all good things, it has come to an end. It has been a hassle free progress and I am glad that it is over. I have been staying at my dream house for quite a bit and everyday is like a blessing. :wub:

I enjoy cooking most of the time, despite being a working adult, due to my trusty airfryer. Really a godsent. Shall show you some of my must-haves in the kitchen before I leave.

kitchen%20necessities_zps31rlmx5b.jpg

My eubiq track~ My friends are all very impressed by it cos they have never seen one before. I turn it to the left when they are not in use to save electricity.

From the left - right: Philips airfryer XL, Toyomi slowcooker for brewing soup before I leave the house, my mini rice cooker which cooks just the right amount of rice for the two of us and last but not least, our lastest gadget and the man's favourite - Novita water purifier.

Shall feature some of the yummy snacks that are whipped up by the philips airfryer..

(Warning: Yummy food ahead! Hungry people please do not proceed)

AF%20crabstick_zpsmhkj9kpo.jpg

Airfried crabsticks. They are even more crispy than prawn cracker and tastes 10x better, albeit healthy so I feel more guilt-free eating them. :P

AF%20chicken%20wings_zpswywvfy6p.jpg

Airfried honey chicken wings. Looked and tasted like those barbeque/grilled ones. Simply delicious. :dribble:

I only need to throw them in the airfryer and it will do the work for me while I busy with frying some vegetables or so. Dinner will then be served within just a span of 20 minutes. Extremely hassle-free, just the way I like it. :yeah:

Have been seeking for a water purifier for the longest time and my relative recommended Novita. Initially I wanted to get the one with alkaline water but the man wanted something that is more convenient as well. So... in the end we compromised and chose something that is the best for the house.

novita%20water%20purifier_zpsruvwry7h.jp

Our cute little hydrocube in white. It matches my airfryer, doesn't it? Chose hydropure filters because alkaline water is not good for infants and we just wanted purified water that does not taste weird. We just got it installed today and the man is jumping for joy because he no longer needs to boil water ever again for his coffee and I am happy that there is cool water around as well. :sport-smiley-004:

A final thank you for taking the time to read and liking my little t-blog. I will try to answer the inquiries from time to time but sometimes I do miss them out so if I don't, please drop me a PM. Goodbye and good luck to all the others who are renovating their little home. :thumbs up:

Closing chapter

My renovation has finally come to a closure after so long. I am truly glad that this forum has benefited me and many others as well. But like all good things, it has come to an end. It has been a hassle free progress and I am glad that it is over. I have been staying at my dream house for quite a bit and everyday is like a blessing. :wub:

I enjoy cooking most of the time, despite being a working adult, due to my trusty airfryer. Really a godsent. Shall show you some of my must-haves in the kitchen before I leave.

kitchen%20necessities_zps31rlmx5b.jpg

My eubiq track~ My friends are all very impressed by it cos they have never seen one before. I turn it to the left when they are not in use to save electricity.

From the left - right: Philips airfryer XL, Toyomi slowcooker for brewing soup before I leave the house, my mini rice cooker which cooks just the right amount of rice for the two of us and last but not least, our lastest gadget and the man's favourite - Novita water purifier.

Shall feature some of the yummy snacks that are whipped up by the philips airfryer..

(Warning: Yummy food ahead! Hungry people please do not proceed)

AF%20crabstick_zpsmhkj9kpo.jpg

Airfried crabsticks. They are even more crispy than prawn cracker and tastes 10x better, albeit healthy so I feel more guilt-free eating them. :P

AF%20chicken%20wings_zpswywvfy6p.jpg

Airfried honey chicken wings. Looked and tasted like those barbeque/grilled ones. Simply delicious. :dribble:

I only need to throw them in the airfryer and it will do the work for me while I busy with frying some vegetables or so. Dinner will then be served within just a span of 20 minutes. Extremely hassle-free, just the way I like it. :yeah:

Have been seeking for a water purifier for the longest time and my relative recommended Novita. Initially I wanted to get the one with alkaline water but the man wanted something that is more convenient as well. So... in the end we compromised and chose something that is the best for the house.

novita%20water%20purifier_zpsruvwry7h.jp

Our cute little hydrocube in white. It matches my airfryer, doesn't it? Chose hydropure filters because alkaline water is not good for infants and we just wanted purified water that does not taste weird. We just got it installed today and the man is jumping for joy because he no longer needs to boil water ever again for his coffee and I am happy that there is cool water around as well. :sport-smiley-004:

A final thank you for taking the time to read and liking my little t-blog. I will try to answer the inquiries from time to time but sometimes I do miss them out so if I don't, please drop me a PM. Goodbye and good luck to all the others who are renovating their little home. :thumbs up:

Hi snowy89,

Thanks for sharing all this time, u & your man now should relax & enjoy yours truly home sweet home, good luck & all the best.

hi there,

nice house u have! can I know the dimensions for the acrylic boards in the toilet? for mbr and common toilet is the same right?

thanks!

Edited by monseow

LED is awesome!!! i convinced my parents to redo their lights with LED, no need to change light bulbs every 2-3 years haaa ! parents are like that... die die don't want to listen, always think they're right. but now they listen to me lah, save them money and don't need to climb up chairs to change light bulbs. bathroom must splurge! i'm actually looking at this chio Ariston water heater, i like the feeling of pretending that i'm rich hehe!! looks atas. it should go nice above a rain shower but hor i need nice tiles to match, that's why i like your toilet with the dark coloured tiles wor!!

There are issues with LED, which you guys should be aware of. I use almost exclusively LED at my new place. A lot of them. Downlights, ceiling lights, cove lights, wall lights and spot lights. After two years, this is my experience.

Whilst it is true that LED lights do not blow as often as PLC and other light bulbs, the LED lights do spoil. In fact, over these two years, the following LED lights went out for me:

- Downlights - I forgot how many but I think around 4 to 5 (no particular reason)

- Ceiling light - 1 (water ingress)

- Wall light - 1 (no particular reason)

- Outdoor Spot light - 1 (water ingress)

- Cove lights - 0

In every single case, it was the driver that went out of action. The LED bulbs itself had no problem. The problem is that unlike PLC where you can just buy the bulb from any shop, for the LED driver, you need to get back the same driver. In my case, I managed to get the driver from the same shop, but I wonder what happens if the shop closes down and I cannot find a replacement driver? Maybe I have to change the whole light fitting? For some places like my wall lights, I have a set of 4, and they are not exactly cheap. For my outdoor spot light, I had to replace the whole light as the driver was not easily replaced.

Someone told me you can just replace with another driver with same A. I tried, it does not work. My lights shop also told me this is not possible.

And for the downlights, when you want to change the driver, you need to remove the entire light casing and down comes bit and pieces of your ceiling board. It is so distressing that I was too sad to take pictures to post. But I think I put up some milder pictures on my blog. I hear that nowadays, you can buy those downlight where it is easier to retrieve the driver. So, buy those.

Monseow: Sorry I did not do the measurements for the acrylic panels so I have no idea. Similarly for all my carpentry works etc. That is why I engage an ID and paying her for. :notti:

My common bathroom is a L shape board but MBR is just a I shape. However, I think it is better to measure your own house for these panels should you decide to DIY.

Ks Toh: Thanks for the insight! Will look out how long these taobao lights are gonna last me. I did buy extra lights in case my downlights and tracklights fail on me. :sport-smiley-003:

Hi Snowy,

Mind to share your wallpaper installer contact? How much is the charges like? TIA!

Wallpaper

It is tough deciding what you want for the house. Paint or wallpaper is one of the decisions to make and based on the inspirational picture, the man and I have decided we wanted to wallpaper part of our living room. Wallpaper and paint last for about the same amount of years. In fact, wallpapering can last for 10 years, with exceptions to damages from pets and children.

On the other hand, painting is relatively simple, just decide amongst the 100+ types of different colours for the rooms. I kept the rooms colours to a minimum if you guys have noticed. Mostly snowflake white with a splash of colour on the ceiling etc. However, wallpapering is a whole different story. There are 12423487 different designs of wallpaper, the type and quality also matter. As usual, I bought everything off taobao. I am grateful with the existance of taobao, I am able to get my ideal house at a fraction of the price.

Since my living room are going to be be predominantly brown, we decided to go for something of that tone. After searching for some time, we finally came upon something that we both like. After my ID had finally cleared the haulage in the living room, the wallpaper guys are able to install the wallpaper for us.

living%20room%20wallpaper_zpslksmzlre.jp

The wallpaper installers are good. They did this up in less than an hour, leaving me extremely amazed at their speed. :good:

My ID recommended us to paste the walls along the window panels as well for a complete look.

Meanwhile, after deciding to paste the walls, I also decided that the seattee area is to be wallpapered as well. Gives a more lux feel overall.

seattee%20area_zps5pa1tgiq.jpg

It was a rather good decision to make for us, because the plaster keep chipping off. The wallpaper will sort of 'protect' the plaster in this way. :idea:

I bought better quality wallpaper from a taobao seller. The living rooms I bought 10 rolls, left 6 rolls. 10 rolls costs $200+ not including shipping. The wallpaper came better than expectations, even got parts that are abit 3D to touch. Quality is good for the price that I paid for. Anyone is keen to buy them over, PM me.

Link: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=17992201259

Another major portion that we did wallpapering is definitely our MBR, because it is french theme and only wallpaper can pull off the look. I bought the wallpaper from the same seller and had to wait for this stock for my MBR but I gladly wait for it. Even the wallpaper installer praised the quality, saying that it is very thick. I paid $500+ for 10 rolls as well, without including shipping. So here is the final outlook for my MBR walls.

MBR%20wallpaper_zpsg6fh5srn.jpg

For this room, my installers used up all 10 rolls. They matched up the patterns really well, it is hard to tell where it starts and where it ends. Happy with the workmanship and also the choice of wallpaper.

It is exactly what I have in mind. :wub:

Almost there.

Link: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=35657840343

Edited by missuswind