Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, your service yard using slim grilles? I ask my ID, he mention can only install aluminium grilles approve by HDB.. :(

Hi Zascia,

I understand that there is a brochure showing various designs of grilles that you can have at the service yard. However, this is only applicable to those who DO NOT intend to install windows at their service yard.

If you are intending to install windows, then you do not need to install grilles design that are approved by HDB. Pang giap is a HDB approved company by the way. They will submit for permit (quotation inclusive) and then after fabricate the windows and grilles altogether. :)

Edited by snowy89

Hi Zascia,

I understand that there is a brochure showing various designs of grilles that you can have at the service yard. However, this is only applicable to those who DO NOT intend to install windows at their service yard.

If you are intending to install windows, then you do not need to install grilles design that are approved by HDB. Pang giap is a HDB approved company by the way. They will submit for permit (quotation inclusive) and then after fabricate the windows and grilles altogether. :)

Hi,

Didnt know like that also can, anyway too late liao..

Check with pang giap & ho ho engineering both also never advise me. Sigh...

Thanks for the info...

Hi Snowy89,

You have shown us how you took a cab from Bugis to Tampoi JB but can you also describe how was the journey back to Singapore.

Details such as returning transportation, payment and delivery of goods, clearing Malaysia and Singapore Custom, paying GST and etc... will be of great help.

I have intend to visit Tampoi but I am too without transportation so all the details and advices will absulutely go a long way.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Snowy89,

You have shown us how you took a cab from Bugis to Tampoi JB but can you also describe how was the journey back to Singapore.

Details such as returning transportation, payment and delivery of goods, clearing Malaysia and Singapore Custom, paying GST and etc... will be of great help.

I have intend to visit Tampoi but I am too without transportation so all the details and advices will absulutely go a long way.

Many thanks in advance.

There are a few ways to get back but I chose the simplest way. To just pay money for convenience. I got the shop owner to hire a private car that sends me all the way back to my place. I cannot remember the exact amount but I think it could be $70 or $90 for a one time trip. Sorry seriously cannot remember the exact amount. The uncle drives a van taxi which had lots of space to put our barang barang, Two fans and a 25L storage heater don't forget. He stopped us to the area to declare tax and the custom simply need to chop and then pay for your taxes. Then after getting clearance you may proceed back to the Singapore custom.

Another way is to hire a cab to the venue whereby you can grab a taxi that travels back to Singapore and to the Bugis taxi stand. Similar to how you get there from the Bugis taxi stand. I am sure with all the barang barang you will rather choose the convenient way. ;)

Hi Snowy89,

Thanks again for the reply. Base on your description, I believed not only me but a few others will be making a trip to Tampoi.

hi @snowy89 please can you PM me Vincent's number? Thank you! I am unable to PM you your inbox seems to be full!

Hi mtothedy, if you do a quick search you will be able to find his contact in one of my posts. I understand there may be people who missed my post of him so here it is again. Please refer to this post for Vincent's contact! He is a busy guy so do not expect fast response. However, if you are able to wait, he has one of the best prices around !!:thumbs up:

Hi Snowy89,

Thanks again for the reply. Base on your description, I believed not only me but a few others will be making a trip to Tampoi.

Hi uginfit,

No problem. I had a hard time convincing the man to go to tampoi because we do not own a car and he thought it was very troublesome to travel to and fro without transportation as well. However, after this pleasant experience, we will go there again should we need any more new fans for a new place or whatsoever. Even after paying $90 for transportation, we find it very reasonable given that the exchange rate was good (now is even better than the last time I went btw) and considering that even ikea charges transportation fees. A tip to save on transportation fees is to find your neighbour who is also keen to go together with their partner (group of 4) to take the taxi from bugis to save on the trip to tampoi and then take the private car back together as well. :lol:

Hi guys,

I have been staying in my crib for 3-4 months now and every day is perfect. I love my bedroom still and it still feels like waking up in a luxury hotel everyday. All made possible at a fraction of its price due to taobao. I could never imagine I am able to stay in such a pretty room last time as the prices of french furniture is especially expensive.

Yesterday one of the decals that I bought for my kitchen glass door arrived! I have been procrastinating about installing decal for the kitchen glass door as we usually open it when it's not in use. So sometimes when I am deep frying it, I would close the door and forget that I actually close it. I almost walked into the door a couple of times. *laugh at myself*

Finally found one that I think looks really pretty. :wub:

new%20wall%20decal_zpsvgdgs5mv.jpg

I am glad that how it turns out. No more knocking into the kitchen glass door now.
:P

Edited by snowy89

Pretty ~ :thumbs up:

The decal actually made a whole lot of difference!

Glad you are settling down well, neighbour! We hope to shift in soon too! :D

Hi guys,

I have been staying in my crib for 3-4 months now and every day is perfect. I love my bedroom still and it still feels like waking up in a luxury hotel everyday. All made possible at a fraction of its price due to taobao. I could never imagine I am able to stay in such a pretty room last time as the prices of french furniture is especially expensive.

Yesterday one of the decals that I bought for my kitchen glass door arrived! I have been procrastinating about installing decal for the kitchen glass door as we usually open it when it's not in use. So sometimes when I am deep frying it, I would close the door and forget that I actually close it. I almost walked into the door a couple of times. *laugh at myself*

Finally found one that I think looks really pretty. :wub:

new%20wall%20decal_zpsvgdgs5mv.jpg

I am glad that how it turns out. No more knocking into the kitchen glass door now.
:P

Hi Snowy89,

Thanks for the additional tips and sorry for the late respond. Have not decided when to go to Tampoi. Recently a Malaysian friend

told me to try Jusco Jaya area as she has gotten her electrical stuffs there. Have you heard of or been there before?