Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Snowy89,

Thanks for the additional tips and sorry for the late respond. Have not decided when to go to Tampoi. Recently a Malaysian friend

told me to try Jusco Jaya area as she has gotten her electrical stuffs there. Have you heard of or been there before?

No sorry, I can't help you on this. Since your friend recommended this place to you, you can consider venturing there as well. Just that I know Tampoi has what I want so I just head there straight away since I do not possess a car. Save some time and effort for the rest of stuffs for the house. :)

Hi Snowy89,

may I have the contact of your wallpaper installer?

do you mind sharing how much pang giap is charging you?

If you have read the previous replies, my wallpaper installer is from my ID and as you know ID do not give out the contacts of their subcontractors because this will affect their rice bowl. If you are interested to look for an ID, you can go to my ID Yvette (Rezt & relax) and get a quote.

As for the grilles, Here is a list of what I did:

1) slim grilles for living room and 3 bedrooms. (I did not do for the small encasement windows, redundant to me)

2) service yard windows

3) service yard grilles

My BTO is standard so my living room is 3/4 length windows and bedrooms 1/2 length.

Total: 2k+

I asked the man if there is any regrets in doing such expensive window grilles (normal grilles would costs about 1k) and till date, he still think it is worth doing as the normal one can be very noisy and flimsy. Furthermore, we opted for encasement slim grilles that will make cleaning a lot easier. Previously, the man and I considered installing those invisible grilles. However, on further reading, I read that it's just wire and actually stretchable when you pull it apart. Plus can be snapped away using wire cutters. It is also difficult to get them replaced as they need to drill holes on the wall and they cannot drill on the same holes ever again. Plus if you seen hamster cages that got gnawed on, you will know that peeled wire easily rust. Price wise is about the same so we chose the obvious choice and to install the grilles from pang giap. :rolleyes:

Sharing some more photos of my house, post-renovation state because I got a wide angle camera.

GOPR0018_zpshkinj9fa.jpg

Living room

GOPR0036_zpsfqdvbmjj.jpg

Foyer + dining area

If you noticed my door lock, I have started using digital door lock with burglary alarm. Feels safer and more convenient now. :drunk:

GOPR0022_zpscw6w7egw.jpg

My lovely kitchen. The tap is a must buy. It makes cleaning so much easier.

GOPR0033_zpseviji4ju.jpg

Common bathroom, finally can get a full picture of it.

GOPR0031_zpsagpnfdxw.jpg

MBR

GOPR0027_zpsmjcnv4o0.jpg

MBR bathroom.

That's all folks. Till next time~

Hi,

Do you mind PM how much for your coffee table bought & including freight charge ?

estimate how long will receivedarrow-10x10.png ?

My email is lai_yin_hsia @hotmail.com

Thanks you very much !

hi there!

would you mind sharing how much you paid for the eubiq track and Novita water purifier?

thanks!

Aww, I really wish you read through my t-blog more carefully. I stated the eubiq track pricing in one of my earlier posts. It is best to get it during their roadshow.

I know the cheapest for 60cm can go for as low as $99.

I got my novita from best denki. My promo was $2199, additional $100 for installation. I know now they priced it at a much more expensive range, but they give free air purifier instead. But to me, it is just buying the air purifier and paying for a higher price. It is very convenient to use and my man likes it a lot though.

Hi,

Do you mind PM how much for your coffee table bought & including freight charge ?

estimate how long will receivedarrow-10x10.png ?

My email is lai_yin_hsia @hotmail.com

Thanks you very much !

I bought the table at approx. $500 after exchange rate and my freight charge is charged altogether with the rest of the taobao goods that are lumped together so I cannot get an accurate assessment. It can take up to a month or longer to ship here. For accurate assessment, please get peeka to quote you. TYVM too. ;)

Just wanted to check, which roadshow did you go to for the eubiq? I went to the website, and they said since Oct 2014, they are not going to do direct sales. :(

Hi Snown89,

care to pm me the cost you pay for the hob and hood? Was thinking to mix and match too..

through getting a package is cheaper than mix and match.. TIA

:)

cheers

BG

HI Snowy89,

like your blot for showing us stages and progress..

I may have missed out some of your post. I tut of going to JB for the items as well. Does the bus from SG go direct to Tampoi or we would still need to change bus?

I didn't read all the post earlier, else I would have save a lot too :) TIA

cheers

Just wanted to check, which roadshow did you go to for the eubiq? I went to the website, and they said since Oct 2014, they are not going to do direct sales. :(

Follow them on Facebook under 'eubiq', they will post whenever they have road shows frequently with offers. The offers are always different so I also cannot guarantee what you will get. I bought mine almost 5 months ago, pricing has always been increasing. Nevertheless, that's how I know where to buy my eubiq track. :)

HI Snowy89,

like your blot for showing us stages and progress..

I may have missed out some of your post. I tut of going to JB for the items as well. Does the bus from SG go direct to Tampoi or we would still need to change bus?

I didn't read all the post earlier, else I would have save a lot too :) TIA

cheers

I took a direct cab from bugis to tampoi. From what I know I think the bus only go to the custom. You can try google if you want to go by the bus route because I'm not too sure too. 😅