Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zierra

Our New Home - 4Rm Bto @ Costa Ris

Hi hi,

A good morning to everyone! :lol:

My hubby and I have gotten our new home at Pasir Ris Costa Ris. We have actually collected our keys on 11th September 2014.

On the same day, we have gone to our new house and carried out the praying ritual. After that, my hubby has taken his own sweet time to check the defects in our flat.

It takes about 2 to 3 weeks for most of the defects to be settled. Till now, the flow of water in the master toilet is quite slow, as per compared to the water flow in the common toilet. My hubby has already reported this to the BSC twice. The BSC has also sent in the contractor to look into this issue twice as well. Unfortunately, this issue is still not solved yet.

As we have not decided on any renovation ID or contractor before the keys collection, we have used our spare time to meet up with some of the IDs whom we have short listed.

In the end, we settle with BH with Abslook. He has given us a very comfortable feeling. He has a lot of lobangs and is always willing to help out. Most importantly, we are able to "click" with him. :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We are unable to start our renovation previously as we are waiting for the HDB contractor to complete the cement screeding job.

In the midst of waiting for the cement screeding to be done, we have selected the type and colour of the materials for the respective cabinets, pd doors, flooring and walls with BH.

In addition, BH has also brought us shopping for kitchen and toilet accessories and the respective lightings.

As we will need to start the renovation works before the commencement of the lunar September 2014, my fil has picked 23 October for BH to start the reno works ("kai gong yi shi") as a form of symbolism.

One more good news is that the cement screeding will also be carried out on the same day! :good:

Hehe, my hubby and I are actually quite worried over the possibility that the HDB contractor may delay another 1 to 2 more weeks to carry out the cement screeding for us.

I will update more after 23 October 2014. :D

Hi neighbour, I m from 524B. Hope your reno will go smoothly and work well with your ID/contractor :)

• Like 1

Lucky you, you got free HDB cement screeding..

HDB has stopped providing this service after 1st October 2014,

and unfortunately we collected our keys on 10/10!

So unfair, right..

Hi rikeanheart,

I guess we are just lucky ba. We just happen to change the keys collection date earlier.

I heard from my ID that if u choose homogenous tiles, the cement screeding will be included in the renovation package. But if u choose laminates or HERF, then most likely you will need to pay extra for the cement screeding job.

Good luck with the reno, anyways..

Mind sharing your reno budget?

Cheers!

Hahah thanks.

I pm u the Reno budget ba.

Hi neighbour, I m from 524B. Hope your reno will go smoothly and work well with your ID/contractor :)

Hi neighbor, thanks.

How's ur renovation going along?

So far only some minor hiccups here and there, but ID is flexible enough to fix them and explain in details. The aircon drainage PVC pipe in the MBR bathroom is the only pending item that we have yet to find a better way to run it.

Looking forward to see more reno photos from you :)

So far only some minor hiccups here and there, but ID is flexible enough to fix them and explain in details. The aircon drainage PVC pipe in the MBR bathroom is the only pending item that we have yet to find a better way to run it.

Looking forward to see more reno photos from you :)

Hey, that's good! At least the minor probs could b solved in the end. 😄

hahah for my side, We just can't resist shopping for furniture. Now my ID has a slightly hard time in thinking how to corporate those furniture that we have bought into the proposed theme and design. 😁😁😁

Heard that the 3D designs going to be out soon.. Hehe can't wait to see the end results. 😜

Sure, once the Reno commences, I will upload the pics.

Edited by Zierra