Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
intonewlife

Got Scolded Stupid By My Manager

Last Thursday, my manager said that I should smart in requesting for documents. To my interpretation, he was saying me stupid. This was 2nd time in similar situations.

I was very angry with him that I took mc on last fri.

How can a manager scolded me stupid when I did my part in chasing for documents and people had given me certain timing that they would provide?

What can I do this suitation? I feel.no matter what a manager shouldn't use that word.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

What can I do this suitation? I feel.no matter what a manager shouldn't use that word.

He did not scold you stupid like you mentioned. You just imagined it in your mind.

If you can't handle a remark like that, good luck working elsewhere. Because in other places, no need imagination, they will tell you to your face that you are stupid.

Emotion impels men to action.

He showed concern thus 'scold' hoping you get 'better' performance in his eye.

Better than superiors who don't scold, isn't ?

Be positive, at least he 'intervenes' in your work routines, am sure it is much better than he who isolates and stay away from you.

By isolating meaning one doesn't wish to establish any relationship - this is real bad.

Learn to turn the 'bad feeling' into positive driving force - school can't teach.

Edited by bepgof

• Like 1

He did not scold you stupid like you mentioned. You just imagined it in your mind.

If you can't handle a remark like that, good luck working elsewhere. Because in other places, no need imagination, they will tell you to your face that you are stupid.

Agree. You haven't seen the worst, like files flying across the table to you. And it's real life, not just in movies.

I would say, your Manager has managed himself/herself well. Your Manager was diplomatic in providing you with feedback and for yourself to continuously progress, you should take the opportunity to also clarify what else could you have done to make things more efficient in future.

Take feedback as Positive for improvements.

Your Manager did not also call you "Stupid". It was an assumption and interpretation on your end. If you were made to draw a picture strip of the situation to reflect that moment, I do not think you could have placed the word or description "Stupid" anywhere.

Reacting to such a situation with an MC will not bode your performance any good... time to reflect bro/sis :)

u are really stupid for thinking you are stupid cos u already aga know u are stupid so for others to say you stupid makes you feel angry and yes, stupid

u are really stupid for thinking you are stupid cos u already aga know u are stupid so for others to say you stupid makes you feel angry and yes, stupid

I like the way said....lol!

Edited by James Hong