Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
msfeline

How Much It Cost To Redo Floor (An Estimate?)

hi all, i am new to this. :help:

sorry, i am not sure how to change the topic heading :(

still hunting for a resale unit (4rm/5rm) but i need to plan my finances properly

is a 30K budget enough for the below? i do not know if I miss out anything important..

1) total re-do of kitchen and 2 toilets

2) re-do living room floor? hacking and re-laying homogenous tiles

3) build in wardrobe for master?

4) maybe laminate the other 2 bedrooms floor

5) light box for living room and master

appreciate advice from all the readers here :)

Edited by msfeline

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Prioritise reno items according to their 'importance' to you first, then

Focus on items that once move in hard to reno again - example: flooring, all the hacking and knock down, erect....

Window

Electrical

Kitchen

If just for the 5 items that you've mentioned (not including furnishing), I think 30K should be more than enough... if you go direct to contractor.

Like what bepgof mentioned, you should have excess to fix some of the more 'hard to reno' stuff.

Not sure what's ur final design and materials, but if u wanna hack and do up ur kitchen and toilets, you toilets will cost u 3.5k to 5k each. Minimum. That's already 1/3 or budget. I doubt 30k is enough.

hi all, i am new to this. :help:

sorry, i am not sure how to change the topic heading :(

still hunting for a resale unit (4rm/5rm) but i need to plan my finances properly

is a 30K budget enough for the below? i do not know if I miss out anything important..

1) total re-do of kitchen and 2 toilets

2) re-do living room floor? hacking and re-laying homogenous tiles

3) build in wardrobe for master?

4) maybe laminate the other 2 bedrooms floor

5) light box for living room and master

appreciate advice from all the readers here :)

just bought a 4ng resale and renovation itself cost around 50k (whole house).

its a 36 years old flat and is still in its original state.

hi, depend on the location of the flat you are looking for. it can range varies different from the locations. if you want to save more, try to hunt the unit yourself to save the agent fee (this is wat i did, :notti: ) you might need to spend more time to view and search for yourself but viewing of the units, you can learn how to see and what to ask the agent all this.

1) you must specific which location, which 4 or 5 room you want and focus on that

2) if you are taking bank loan, ask for IPA to estimate the max amount you can loan

3) check the hdb website for the past 3-6months transition as a guide for the cost of the unit

4) based on the IPA, 80% of the housing loan and add your CFP + cash (20%) to estimated the max cost of the unit you can purchase

5) if you want to minimize the cost of the renovation, maybe when you search online you can refer to the photo of the kitchen cabinet(if too old pattern type, maybe you can skip) :notti:

6) when you wan to look for ID or contractor, try to compare with a few of them, the price can be very different.

hope it will help.

:good: