Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jez2014

Mission (Almost) Impossible - 25K 4Rm Bto Renovation

Hi Jez~ Thank you so much for sharing your contractor details and superb tips!! Lol~ :thumbs up:

Do you mind commenting on the workmanship of your contractor i.e. carpentry & tiling? :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Jez!

1. I absolutely love your contents page in the 1st page. extremely thoughtful and organised. Makes it a great reading experience if I only want to read what you posted.

2. I second that you are very funny. Both husband and wife.

3. Cant wait to see the pictures of your recliner and sofa that you bought from Taobao. You both are extremely daring. Me and bf cant imagine buying sofa without physically touching and sitting on it. But as you said, its only $200. I also cant imagine assembling all the stuff by yourself (dont think that it comes assembled right?), we spent quite some time assembling the chairs we bought on Taobao.

Enjoy your reno process and new home!!

Hi Jez,

I second Gingereve! Both of you make your posts so funnily interesting, its a joy to read it. I'm also looking forward to your recliner and sofa. Would you be sharing the TB links later?

When you do have time, could you also PM me your contractor's contact? My house won't be coming anytime soon, but I'm just slowly gathering up information. :)

Lots of thanks in advance, god speed!

Hi all. Very busy with moving - we are in the final week before handover.

We will reply as soon as we can - but it might take awhile. Somehow I can post to the forum via iPhone but PM needs my PC... No time to do so at home yet. Sorry and thanks for understanding.

We will probably be posting (at least) two more posts:

1. On Taobao shopping (advice on what to buy and what NOT to buy... Let's just say I have a "sinking" feeling about this post. Hoho.)

2. Our completed home

Seeya everyone at the weekend! ;)

Emiclus: I'm quite surprised too!! We found them reasonable compared to other IDs/contractors we met up with... :/

I heard that this year they started charging GST... Maybe that's the reason? :(

Sorry to hear that!

Maybe this might help:

For the items in the quotation that we found expensive, we would show them other quotations with lower unit price - and they would usually be willing to come down to match it.

If not, you seem like a really nice person so I really hope you can find an awesome contractor!!

I will also be sure to mention that they are more expensive now! -rawr-

As are you! Yours is by far my favorite t-blog :)

I think your idea might be good! Maybe I should show my cheaper items to the contractor but scared lah, wait they tell me "ok you can go use person X in that case'! And thank YOU so much for the taobao review, I have a MASSIVE taobao order waiting to be checked out in the hopes of saving a buck or two!

Hi! Can I get your contractor's number & whatever contact details? After reading your tblog, I just had to sign up for an account & ask! Also, any idea if they do floor tiling? My bto is going to come bare. 😭 would be great if I could get a peek at your cost breakdown too. Heheheh 😁 thanks!

Hi Jez,

I second Gingereve! Both of you make your posts so funnily interesting, its a joy to read it. I'm also looking forward to your recliner and sofa. Would you be sharing the TB links later?

When you do have time, could you also PM me your contractor's contact? My house won't be coming anytime soon, but I'm just slowly gathering up information. :)

Lots of thanks in advance, god speed!

Got your PM! Thanks alot! :D