Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ksquare

Bad Experience With Friends Lightings - Good Experience At Sembawang Lightings

Bad Experience @ Friends Lightings (Yishun)

Me and my wife recently paid a visit to Friends Lighting @ Blk 106 Yishun Ring Rd with recommendatons from our ID. The store appears to be a family owned store and the staffs appears laid back and seem reluctant to serve us. We were eventually served by a middle age male guy who appears to be the owner.

We told the Owner that we are looking for downlights and he went ahead and "recommended" us a downlight model which doesn't meet our requirement at all. We tried to explain our requirements to the owner but he doesn't seems interested in listening to our requirements. When we asked to see some alternate models, the owner told us that downlights are "all the same" and insisted the model that he recommended will meet our requirement. :bangwall:

Next came the ceiling fan. As you know, the Ceiling of new BTO flats are relative low and we felt that the Ceiling fan recommended by the store owner was "hanging too low" and asked if there's any model with a shorter base. Once again, the owner told us that Ceiling Fans are "all the same" and the base height is standard. Me and my wife were seriously pissed off by the owner and walked out of the store. :angry2:

Good Experience @ Sembawang Lighting

After the terrible experience with Friends Lighting, we decided to make our way to Sembawang Lighting @ 602 Sembawang Rd based on recommendation from this Forum. The store was packed with customer and we had to wait for around 10 mins for the next available Store assistant. The petite chinese lady (with pony tail) that served us wasn't pushy and took the time to understand our requirements before making recommendations. We eventualy bought a Ceiling Fan (with a short base) and decided to buy our downlight elsewhere as the store does not carry Philips LED Downlight. Overall good experience with the store. :thumbs up:

Edited by ksquare

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation