Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
witty

Storage Water Heater

Hi all,

I am new in this forum. Need some advise from former users.

Recently went to a shop to buy storage water heater, the saleperson recommend champs. She say no matter how many people in the family 15 litres storage water heater is enough..15 litres and above storage water heater waste electricity

Is it true or she just want to clear her stock?

Anybody heard tenkei hood? Any advise about this brand?

Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

15L is a bit smaller, you can consider for 25L good enough for 2 bathroom is using on same time.

Actually switch on 15-30mins good enough for usage 2 bathroom, if smaller storage may heat up every time.

Joven & ariston brand also quite common.

Edited by kimsim

Hi all,

Recently went to a shop to buy storage water heater, the saleperson recommend champs. She say no matter how many people in the family 15 litres storage water heater is enough..15 litres and above storage water heater waste electricity

Thank you.

Hiya there

You may like to use this for reference for the appropriate storage needed: http://www.ariston-heater.com.sg/product_chooser/

Eh, hmm never heard of tenkei hood leh!

have u gotten your heater?

Hi all,

Just abit of sharing of my story for my replacement of heater recently.

I am using a 35 litre heater for my place, which I used around 4 yrs. For the replacement I will need to replace 4 plug and I have tried asking for a few renovator to do it.

However most of them are only able to replace 2 instead of all 4. Either I will need to pay additional cost or get someone else, as they are unable to do it.

So recently, i was recommended by my friend to try out everjoin electrical in Amk. Turn out they are able to replace all 4 plugs and do not require additional cost. And to my surprise, it is quoted cheaper than the earlier renovator that I research on.

I have changed to JH35 currently and it looks good for now. So if you need replacement of heater, do not only research on renovator, try out the appliances shops as well, as you might a get a surprise.

Hi all,

Thank you.

hello.. cannot be that no matter how many pple in the family, 15 liters storage heater is enough. (if so, why do all the other water heaters sizes exist? haha) you can go to this link to see how much each type of heater's running cost is. it is a renotalk article >> All You Need to Know About Water Heaters

if you have 4 pple, 40 liters is recommended. but some pple use 30 lit because they have space constraint.

Hi all,

I have questions on Storage water heater for HDB bathrooms.. I check on HDB website, for storage WH, max is 1.5 kW only; while for instant WH 3kW is allowed.

in the market the following are the options:

Champs 15L or 30L = 2kW ;

Rheem Vertical 6 or 10 gallon = 1.5 or 3KW (not sure if this means they have 2 options, or what?)

Rheem Termatrac 15L = 1.64 kw ; 30L = 2.73 kW

Rubine 15L or 30L = 2 kW

What would happen if I installed 1.64 KW or 2 kW kind? appreciate if you could share your experiences please.. Is there anything we can do to increase the allowance if really cannot exceed 1.5 kW? 

thank you in advance!

HDB website mentioned the restriction (1.5kw & 3kw) for 30amp main switch but for 40amp main switch, the restriction is not mentioned. So maybe it is allowed if you have a higher main switch rating.

I check the brands you mentioned and indeed the KW rating is higher. Difficult to imagine their storage heaters are so HDB unfriendly. You should call HDB to check.

I replace mine 4 years back (DIY) and had no problem looking for one at 1.5kw, 30L. Higher KW only means faster heating (drawing higher current).

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:28 PM, w7_lee said:

HDB website mentioned the restriction (1.5kw & 3kw) for 30amp main switch but for 40amp main switch, the restriction is not mentioned. So maybe it is allowed if you have a higher main switch rating.

I check the brands you mentioned and indeed the KW rating is higher. Difficult to imagine their storage heaters are so HDB unfriendly. You should call HDB to check.

I replace mine 4 years back (DIY) and had no problem looking for one at 1.5kw, 30L. Higher KW only means faster heating (drawing higher current).

Many thanks for your input w7_lee! what brand did you get for 30L at 1.5 kw? I am afraid to install the higher KW and ending up as public enemy if the whole block got tripped thanks to my WH lol!

Mine was Ariston, model: PLUS 30 R 1.5 SIN.

Maybe not available anymore but the newer Andris model also 1.5KW for 30L capacity. Check Ariston local website.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 10:46 AM, w7_lee said:

Mine was Ariston, model: PLUS 30 R 1.5 SIN.

Maybe not available anymore but the newer Andris model also 1.5KW for 30L capacity. Check Ariston local website.

thank you! I am traumatized with Ariston so I am looking for other brands :D I think I have been unlucky..