Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rondell

The Cleaning Of Dirty Tiles And Grouts

Hey guys. I have a solution for your problems. Personally tried and tested this product for myself.

Its purely organic, no chemicals and child-safe. Its really cheap too as it is sold in concentrate form.. I've tried to remove stains between tiles, toilet ceiling and along the walls. As simple as spray and leave on for 10minutes, then wipe off with a cloth. You don't even have to rub it hard or scrub.. You can use it for other stuff as well like mopping floor, cleaning grease off kitchen stove, wipe tables, etc. How it works in layman terms is that it uses 'good bacteria' to eat the 'bad bacteria'. Spraying it upon a surface lets the good bacteria spread across the area and it will cling onto the bad bacteria. Even after wiping off the cleaner, good bacteria will continue to cling onto the surface so that it continues to protect the surface from bad bacteria build up even after you've cleaned the surface already. It's just $22 for 1 litre and if you use it daily for cleaning it can last an estimated 1 month. Thus, its really affordable. PM me for more information on the product (VRM Mikroclean) and how to get it. Its not readily available everywhere as its relatively new to Singapore's market..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 11/08/2016 at 0:08 PM, jenn said:

Wht's causing it to be so dirty?? Even I think changing the floor tiles with a darker color might be helpful..

Actually not necessarily, because sometimes the darker colours tiles may make dirt/stains more visible than lighter coloured tiles

• Like 3

For stubborn grout stains, mix a paste of two parts baking soda and one part water. Apply it to the stain, let it sit overnight and then scrub with a nylon brush. Rinse thoroughly with hot water when you’re done. 

If you have coarse or porous tile like marble, use a less acidic solution because vinegar can stain the tile. Try mixing one-part peroxide to two-parts baking soda and scrub the grout with a soft brush. Knowing how to clean stained grout in stone tile will keep you from damaging your floor.

On 2/25/2017 at 11:35 PM, sonsofliberty said:

For stubborn grout stains, mix a paste of two parts baking soda and one part water. Apply it to the stain, let it sit overnight and then scrub with a nylon brush. Rinse thoroughly with hot water when you’re done. 

If you have coarse or porous tile like marble, use a less acidic solution because vinegar can stain the tile. Try mixing one-part peroxide to two-parts baking soda and scrub the grout with a soft brush. Knowing how to clean stained grout in stone tile will keep you from damaging your floor.

Cost less and chem8cal free

CostFor stubborn grout stains, mix a paste of two parts baking soda and one part water. Apply it to the stain, let it sit overnight and then scrub with a nylon brush. Rinse thoroughly - are still active? How did it turn out?

On 25/02/2017 at 11:35 PM, sonsofliberty said:

For stubborn grout stains, mix a paste of two parts baking soda and one part water.

In the past i tried the baking soda/vinegar solution, it made the problem worse, it made white patches on my homogeneous floor

Luckily my contractor (one i had previously used), was nice enough to come and change the tiles for me (4/5 tiles)

When i asked him how come baking soda had caused these white patches on my tiles, he said the baking soda has a mild bleaching agent inside that would eat into tile's enamel (if you check the contents yes baking soda has a mild bleaching agent as its content)

So baking soda/vinegar 100% did not work for me, infact made the situation worse and seems to be more like an old wife's tale from my experience

• Like 9

If you have coarse or porous tile like marble, use a less acidic solution because vinegar can stain the tile. Try mixing one-part peroxide to two-parts baking soda and scrub the grout with a soft brush. Knowing how to clean stained grout in stone tile will keep you from damaging your good to know

6 hours ago, LindaOng said:

In the past i tried the baking soda/vinegar solution, it made the problem worse, it made white patches on my homogeneous floor

Luckily my contractor (one i had previously used), was nice enough to come and change the tiles for me (4/5 tiles)

When i asked him how come baking soda had caused these white patches on my tiles, he said the baking soda has a mild bleaching agent inside that would eat into tile's enamel (if you check the contents yes baking soda has a mild bleaching agent as its content)

So baking soda/vinegar 100% did not work for me, infact made the situation worse and seems to be more like an old wife's tale from my experience

Oh good to know.

On 03/02/2017 at 11:16 AM, Orangy said:

darker colours tiles may make dirt/stains more visible

You make a good point actually, there is some thinking that darker coloured tiles make dirt invisible, but i think it depends on the type also, hmm

• Like 3

On 27/07/2015 at 2:11 AM, Ray Tay Hong Choon said:

steam vacuum cleaner

In this case its toilet tiles so a steam vacuum won't really help as the toilet already has alot of moisture from the way the OP describes

On 6/16/2017 at 7:55 PM, TedDibiase said:

steam vacuum won't really help

Thats very true as well as the issue with the tiles are already over moisture then using a steam vacuum seems to add to the problem instead

• Like 2

IMO steam vacuum is waste of money.

First step is to use conventional items - cif or vinegar/soda mix with some good physical brushing.

If it doesn't work, try aggressive removers like bleach etc. if still doesn't work.

Consider replacing a few tiles only. This might be the best course path without incurring too much cost and reaching the end goal.

IMO steam vacuum is waste of money.

First step is to use conventional items - cif or vinegar/soda mix with some good physical brushing.

If it doesn't work, try aggressive removers like bleach etc. if still doesn't work.

Consider replacing a few tiles only. This might be the best course path without incurring too much cost and reaching the end goal.