Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dlst

Mouldy White Wall

Hi guy,

due to the warm and humid climate in Singapore. My white walls are turing mouldy!! Its really sad to see my wall having patches of yellow.

Is there any way i can remove and preventing the mould from growing in the future?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance=)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Using a high quality anti-mould paint helps. Do you know what type of paint was used on that wall currently? If it is already using a good anti-mould paint and you still suffer from the issue, then it is likely related to excessive moisture. Solving the issue of moisture on wall is a litte more complex.

Paint with nippon oil base sealer, and good anti mould nippon paint buy dehumidifier. U can pay painter labor fee $1xx per day

Hi guy,

due to the warm and humid climate in Singapore. My white walls are turing mouldy!! Its really sad to see my wall having patches of yellow.

Is there any way i can remove and preventing the mould from growing in the future?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance=)

Use oil based sealer. And then use matt instead of glossy finishing. The advatange of matt finishing is easy touch up, you can do it yourself as and when. Alternatively a direct painter can do the job for around $150.

Edited by gemini

On 27/11/2014 at 11:23 AM, dlst said:

You can use something called HCL89. Its strong enough to clean the mould as well as kill it

I usually get it from http://hcl89.byethost10.com or http://hcl89.atwebpages.com

One thing i like about it is that is creates like a protection like on my wall/tiles so that it prevents future mould or etc

Take Care ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jayzenony said:

Mix one part bleach to three parts water and apply it with a sponge or rag. It remove mold form walls.

The using of bleach simply does not work as they mold seems to return with a vengeance, you have to find a way to kill the mold spores else no matter how many times you clean it will always keep coming back