Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

I am thinking of laying my balcony with ariticial/synthetic grass. Spoke to a few IDs and some say it is good and easy to maintain and some say not advisable as it is difficult to maintain.

Anyone has it in their balcony and advise? Thanz

regards

Tass

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I am thinking of laying my balcony with ariticial/synthetic grass. Spoke to a few IDs and some say it is good and easy to maintain and some say not advisable as it is difficult to maintain.

Anyone has it in their balcony and advise? Thanz

regards

Tass

I also wanted to do the same. Have checked the installation and maintenance on websites and it doesn't seem very difficult. It depends on how the supplier install the "grass". Apparently, there are supposed to be a few layers, including sand, etc for draining water. Stains on the "grass" are said to be able to clean off easily with water and a little detergent.

Let me know how you get on if you install and how much it cost? Thanks.

I am still trying to find out more. Any idea if the grass fixed or glued to the floor like tiles or it can be easily remove in patches for washing? As it is kinda outdoor, i am also worry if there will be mold or algae growing beneath the carpet. Another fear is if someone eat at the balcony n drop some food or crumbles on the grass... how difficult is it to get rid of it... so it will not attracts insects?

I am still trying to find out more. Any idea if the grass fixed or glued to the floor like tiles or it can be easily remove in patches for washing? As it is kinda outdoor, i am also worry if there will be mold or algae growing beneath the carpet. Another fear is if someone eat at the balcony n drop some food or crumbles on the grass... how difficult is it to get rid of it... so it will not attracts insects?

Unless u doing drainage underneath, then got more things to install (drainage blocks below the grass), but usually for gardens. I bought mine for my walk-in area, i specifically ask the guy to cut into 2 sheets instead of one big sheet so easier to take out and wash/de-dust/etc. Still new for me, so dunno any other potential problems like food debris/etc. :P

It's supposed to be maintenance-free. You can choose to vacuum it though. But I will recommend putting drainage cells below to keep the grass dry after rain (damp condition causes algae). I bought the grass and cells online and install them myself. Used it for almost a year and so far so good! You can google Overture and check out their prices, they're quite reasonable. Just that you have to self-collect somewhere in the east.