Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Barc

Are We Spending Our Money Wisely?

hmm... i just realized that it's either I'm stingy, or I just know how to spend my money wisely due to my low income.

I mean, I don't spend much, usually.

Used to see this girl once but eventually she left because I'd rather took her to Bangkok instead of getting her this 4K ring with this small stone on it.

I only upgrade my gadgets once every year, usually a 'high end' phone as well as my PC once every 2 years.

Been wearing the same clothes for the past 3 years.

hmm...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hmm... i just realized that it's either I'm stingy, or I just know how to spend my money wisely due to my low income.

Used to see this girl once but eventually she left because I'd rather took her to Bangkok instead of getting her this 4K ring with this small stone on it.

I only upgrade my gadgets once every year, usually a 'high end' phone as well as my PC once every 2 years.

hmm...

you mean this girl left you b'cos you didn't buy her the 4k ring?? :good: so materialistic meh? :notti:

erm, i think this is not the way lor. during courtship days, hubby didn't buy me any ring at all. only ROM, hubby bought me a ROM ring. recently, he just bought me a more than 10k ring. see, i must wait until now then got a 10k ring. i also didn't ditch my hubby last time. :bangwall:

haha.. maybe she's not the right one.

anyway, earning money is rather easy if you're willing to work for it.. but keeping it aside is hard.

haha.. maybe she's not the right one.

anyway, earning money is rather easy if you're willing to work for it.. but keeping it aside is hard.

spending is much easier than earning haha

hmm...

maybe looking at it from another perspective

you have this x sum of money

you'd rather buy something YOU like than what SHE wants.

so maybe she feels that you dun respect her decision

a ring, a trip - means different things to different pple

like me and my sis, she'd rather have the ring whilst i'd rather the trip

buying the trip for my sis or ring for me will = waste of money...

i agree with you. ;)

maybe looking at it from another perspective

you have this x sum of money

you'd rather buy something YOU like than what SHE wants.

so maybe she feels that you dun respect her decision

a ring, a trip - means different things to different pple

like me and my sis, she'd rather have the ring whilst i'd rather the trip

buying the trip for my sis or ring for me will = waste of money...

to me, trip and ring are both equally impt. :notti:

Please don't be stretch out... because that might affect your marriage or relationship with your partner...

Yes... in fact HDB mortgage loan's interest is one of the lowest in the world. Compare with US and France... they are paying through their nose.

it does. :jail: cos i always over spent on unnecessary things (not branded stuff hor), i wasnt contributing enough to our savings (this was meant for our wedding, hse, reno). my hb helped to save alot and bailed me out when i've overspent. bcos of this, we had argued many times b4 and he was so stressed tat he wanted to break up even. :( since then, i'm looking at wat i need to buy, wat i muz buy cos $$ is ez to spend yet hard to earn. :curse:

hope my personal experience will highlight the fact on being prudent with our spending is absolutely essential. :)

it does. :jail: cos i always over spent on unnecessary things (not branded stuff hor), i wasnt contributing enough to our savings (this was meant for our wedding, hse, reno). my hb helped to save alot and bailed me out when i've overspent. bcos of this, we had argued many times b4 and he was so stressed tat he wanted to break up even. :( since then, i'm looking at wat i need to buy, wat i muz buy cos $$ is ez to spend yet hard to earn. :curse:

hope my personal experience will highlight the fact on being prudent with our spending is absolutely essential. :)

my wifey is also like tat... no savings at all despite 5++ years of work... she wans to 'enjoy first, worry later'... now she is reaping the 'fruits'... many things for our housie wan to buy but $$ constraints... for me also hard cos most of the cash frm my side... very heavy burden on my shoulders now, since i've only just started working and my pay isn't that fantastic... but wat to do? love a person must accept them for wat they are right? now she realises her folly but abit too late... luckily i never gave up hope so i still have some savings to tide over this period...

my wifey is also like tat... no savings at all despite 5++ years of work... she wans to 'enjoy first, worry later'... now she is reaping the 'fruits'... many things for our housie wan to buy but $$ constraints... for me also hard cos most of the cash frm my side... very heavy burden on my shoulders now, since i've only just started working and my pay isn't that fantastic... but wat to do? love a person must accept them for wat they are right? now she realises her folly but abit too late... luckily i never gave up hope so i still have some savings to tide over this period...

i'm sorry tat both u n my hb had to have wives like us. :lol: well, we've learnt our lessons liao so do bear with us while we try n make up for the "lost time". :dunno:

I also have difficulty in savings so I place my $ in stocks, savings account with no atm card, withdraw as cash and hide it all over my house, pass some to my mum to keep for me and buy up savings policy.

Then everytime when I want to use credit card, I will remind myself to pay back the next day through i-banking.

It kinda work for me..Just that keeping track how much I actually have is cumbersome.

But I don't know how to stop my crave for restaurant food. I like to dine at restaurants instead of hawker/foodcourts.

I am just sick of the hawker food esp since I grew up helping my dad in a hawker centre.

The thought of chicken rice, hokkien mee, fishball mee all make me feel like vomitting.

I like to dine at outlets with mexican, jap, north indian, italian food.

Edited by kellyla

another way to restraint from spending is don't apply for credit cards. hubby and i don't like to apply credit cards b'cos spending is too tempting liao. if we want to buy anything then just use cash/nets. :)

we also like to dine at restaurants instead of hawker/foodcourt! we hardly eat at foodcourt b'cos too many people liao and boring. hawker is quite dirty so i don't like. !!

we also like to dine at restaurants instead of hawker/foodcourt! we hardly eat at foodcourt b'cos too many people liao and boring. hawker is quite dirty so i don't like.

:notti: