Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Is the loft bed possible at all? Typically the height of the ceiling is at 2.6metres... If you want to be able to walk and stand normally at the study area, the bed have to be at least 1.75metres off the ground... Which means u need to start bending down as u walk up the stairs to ur loft bed and crawl to ur mattress...I think the mattress thickness is abt 25cm, the thickness of the loft platform is about 15cm... U have abt 50cm space left between the mattress and the ceiling.... Not sure if u have space to even sit up on the mattress...

Hello! Well yes, due to the height, we compromise on the height below the bed (which is 1.5m) so to access the gaming / study area, we've to bend down a bit. But once we're seated, it's ample space. As for our mattress, we are getting the 5" foam mattress from SleepMed. The area on top is enough for us to sit up on the mattress.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

How cool is that! Can't wait to see your floor border!

Sorry to hear about your cat. :(

Hi! Thanks for the compliment!! Unveiling soon! hehe

Haha, i'd like to think that he's been adopted by a good family who doesn't want to give him up... because i searched everywhere and no sign of him...but it's ok maybe one day we'll meet again..=)

• Like 1

Very nice and unconventional design! Where did you get your inspirations from? Looking forward to see your end product!

Hi Brian,

thanks for the compliment!!

For the flooring, initially we wanted cement screeding but we didn't go with it instead we got the cement coloured tiles from hafary and my husband saw the italian print tiles - we know usually the tiles are used for a certain feature floor or one stretch down to hall from room walkway so we decided to do it differently - my husband said "why not put it as border?" & our ID also sat with us to intensively discuss on how we want to use the printed tiles. My ID, Rae, told us we should go with using it as border as per my husband's suggestion and even drew up the idea for visualization. so there you go =)

For our master room: We saw a picture of a loft bed in 2011 while googling for customized bed and that idea was stuck with us till now haha.. the idea of it excites us and in addition, due to the lack of space in the room we thought it's brilliant! We couldn't find any example and forgot where we saw the pics - hence we told our ID about our idea of loft bed for our room.. and that's what he designed for us =)

For my kitchen, this is my mood board :

Exposed-Bulb-Lights-White-Subway-Brick-T

Flooring Mood board:

white-kitchen-design-from-sweden-10.jpg

farmhouse-country-kitchen-design-with-wh

Hi! Thanks for the compliment!! Unveiling soon! hehe

Haha, i'd like to think that he's been adopted by a good family who doesn't want to give him up... because i searched everywhere and no sign of him...but it's ok maybe one day we'll meet again..=)

I eagerly await the unveiling!

Yes, that must be why he still can't be found – he's been adopted by a good family who doesn't want to give him up. And is safe, well and happy! Hopefully one day you'll see him and have a great reunion. Cats being cats, he'll probably be like "Yeah, whatever. Now where's my snack?" And then goes home with you – and rules the house, as cats will do. :)

• Like 1

The Unveiling of our house flooring..

for my husband and i, it's so unique - simple but nice.. the pictures I took are not doing it justice.

So our ID took out the corrugated paper to chemical wash the flooring.

Finally, we get to see our flooring - and boy are we in love. It's our first home, first reno and all from scratch. We're pretty happy with the progress.

It may not be all "WOAH" to many, but to us, this is home. This is what we've been waiting for. & it's beautiful. (but of course it's subjected; we might be bias because it's ours hehe)

Without further ado: Our Flooring

DSC_0607.jpgDSC_0606.jpg

DSC_0602.jpg

DSC_0600.jpg(

**please excuse the airfryer photobombing**

DSC_0599.jpg

The grouting is actually darker and grey in colour however due to the chemical wash, the grout colour came off as well hence our ID, Rae, told us that he will be touching up on the grouting.

Sorry if i take bad pictures haha. I'm not sure if it's the first of its kind - border flooring like this. But I haven't seen it anywhere else .. either that OR I didn't google enough.

However, we believe that somehow, it is the first of its kind. (Please Correct us if we're wrong :)) and since I haven't seen any example of something like it, my husband and I are very glad it turned out as we had envisioned; i'd like to say we find it unique.

Our humble abode isn't "showroom" kind, we like it to remain simple and not cluttered; therefore our flooring and lights will have to play a huge part to make it work.. oh and our furnitures too! :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by TheKairas

• Like 1

Of shower screens & doors...

After unveiling the flooring, the shower screens for the two bathrooms were then fitted. As of today, the bathroom accessories and heater are yet to be installed. Therefore I am unable to post pics on it however, it will be done by end of the week. Nothing fancy about our bathrooms. We left it the way it is, with the exception of the shower screens and caged lamps.

IMG-20141220-WA0002.jpg

Soon after, the contractors from PD Doors came to fit our bathroom doors! The doors are COOL! I'd love to install the louvered PD doors but they're so expensive :~

It'll soooo go with everything in the house. But oh well, these will do. Hahaha

DSC_0612.jpgDSC_0613.jpg

DSC_0619.jpgDSC_0620.jpg

It took them a total of 10-15 minutes to install the doors. Super precision measurement lol. No frills, and easy to use (still, i think have to teach guests how to use them)

Husband and I are both happy we got the PD doors instead of bifold. We've bad experiences with bi-fold doors - they're so easy to break. I hope the PD doors will not be the same though :huh: but.. Still happy ! hahaha

Last but not least,

Our solid wooden bedroom door - my mum was so in love with it she said it made our house look 'English' especially cause of the border tiles. (she loves english vintage themed houses) **let's just say it became what you call a positive fusion** :yeah: I hope mum will love the lights tho :lol:

The door frames are going to be painted black. Will update once availableeee.

IMG-20141230-WA0007.jpg

Edited by TheKairas

Hello! Well yes, due to the height, we compromise on the height below the bed (which is 1.5m) so to access the gaming / study area, we've to bend down a bit. But once we're seated, it's ample space. As for our mattress, we are getting the 5" foam mattress from SleepMed. The area on top is enough for us to sit up

Hello! Well yes, due to the height, we compromise on the height below the bed (which is 1.5m) so to access the gaming / study area, we've to bend down a bit. But once we're seated, it's ample space. As for our mattress, we are getting the 5" foam mattress from SleepMed. The area on top is enough for us to sit up on the mattress.

Ok... just sharing the tot that each time u want to get out of ur gaming area u need to be caution abt banging ur head.... and also each time u walk up to ur loft bed, u need to bend down as u reaches the top of the stairs.... plus each time u just wake up and feeling a little blur blur, u will need to crawl to the stairway (as u will not be able stand up on the loft platform) and carefully walk down the stairs while bending forward on the first few steps on the stairs.....

Lining the walkway with pattern tiles narrowed the walkway visually and usually if one wants to use pattern tiles the floor space has to be big enough, esp as borders. Else it will give the impression of having "not enough tile" unless you intend to throw a carpet, which softens the house and you lose the industrial appeal.

Don't you think patterns defy the minimalist look by giving complexity/messiness to a simple plain appeal desired by minimalists?

Edited by FATFROG

Please re think the loft bed! Generally need a min ceiling height of 3.3m and even then still need to stoop.

Might end up feeling like a coffin....