Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
drsayers

Is This Design Acceptable Or Id Pulling A Fast One?

Hi all,

Please help me take a look at my ID's design and comment if it is acceptable.

http://imageshack.com/a/img901/689/kbxWme.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/9026/ej5ePM.jpg

Basically in the 3D drawing, the fridge and kitchen cabinets (on the left side) are aligned, however when they were doing the actual thing, the fridge base is jutting out by a fair bit (26 cm). Is this acceptable?

When my wife asked about this, her reply was "your fridge is too big". I mean as an ID, isn't your job to advise if the dimensions are in line with the design??? and anyway we provided the fridge dimension as early as October. She then went on to say that this kind of design is quite common but I searched on the internet, most of the pictures showed that the fridge and cabinets are flushed but there are also photos where fridge is protruding but only when it is placed at the corner and not right in the middle of the wall! Analogy is like you have perfectly flat row of teeth but then there is one tooth sticking out. Is this even aesthetically sound?

Kindly comment. Thank you

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Designs on the internet, some are just 3D and might not even see clearly if there is a fridge base. IMO once you put your fridge up it won't be so obvious. As what i know, the depth of the bottom cabinet is usually 60cm (standard, unless requested) so if the fridge depth is more then that, clearly it will protrude out. I think alot of other people have the same thing as you. Nice choice of colours btw :good:

Edited by Jon JonnyJonathan

I don't think it will look so bad when the fridge is in there either ...... it might actually be a nice divider, since it appears fairly close to the entrance of your kitchen. If I were you, I would mention your frustration to the ID and see if they can give a discount, but honestly I don't think you'll have many alternatives. Just keep an eye on it further 'errors' happen.

Enjoy your new kitchen!

sorry to burst your bubble. but 3D drawing is just a sample for you to help in visualising. it will not be like actual.

Agree that the ID should have advise you though.

How about the other drawings, plan view etc. Are they also the same, non-protruding?