Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
strangegrapes

False Ceiling In Hdb Bathroom?

Hey all,

Am renovating my resale flat, and I understand from my contractor that false ceiling is strictly not allowed according to HDB ruling. Is that true?

The images I see online seem to have false ceiling for most HDB bathrooms?

If it's a concern for leakage, I stay at the top floor, so there are no units above us..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I guess you should make sure the one that in-charge of your renovation is familiar with HDB ruling.

HDB has never allowed false ceiling in Bathroom or Kitchen/ Balcony...so call wet area, but they never stop you from having it there,

only one rule- do it at your own risk, they will not responsible for damaging it due to future water seepage or repair.

Hope this helps :good:

I guess you should make sure the one that in-charge of your renovation is familiar with HDB ruling.

HDB has never allowed false ceiling in Bathroom or Kitchen/ Balcony...so call wet area, but they never stop you from having it there,

only one rule- do it at your own risk, they will not responsible for damaging it due to future water seepage or repair.

Hope this helps :good:

HDB allows kitchen as per their website;

Installation of false ceiling in kitchen No Minimum clearance height of 2.4 metres measured from finished floor level.

To use non-combustible materials.

No gas pipe is allowed to be enclosed within the false ceiling.

Power-driven nails of 6 mm diameter and not exceeding 40 mm in penetration depth length are to be used for fixing of false ceiling to the underside of reinforced concrete slab.

U can do false ceiling to any wet area u want. Wet area refer to bathroom, balcony or wet kitchen.

But make sure is calcium silicate ceiling board, not gypsum ceiling board.

Gypsum board for common area used (Dry area) while calcium silicate for wet area.