Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Edwinlow7

Minimalist-Industrial At Punggol Topaz

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Renovation has started!

15966972010_5d480335e6.jpg

First thing to be done is the electrical works, exposed black tracks to complement the industrial theme. Toilet bows, vanity also removed to prepare for overlaying, amused to see our toilet bowl sitting in the bomb shelter

15968521437_350f5e068a.jpg

Service yards door removed (the blks are so near I can see exactly what clothes the neighbors are washing :wacko: )

15968214839_34e28353b6.jpg

Anddd cement slabs, any guesses as to what they are going to be? :)

Hi Edwin,

May I know if the black conduits are matt or glossy black?

Thank you

Seems like you are going to hack 1 room and use it as WIW?

From the 3D, the layout still look pretty much like 3 rooms, so really need hacking?

Service yard window and door removed but why not the wall as well?

Full length table top looks more roomy and spacious.

Hi Edwin,

May I know if the black conduits are matt or glossy black?

Thank you

haha I think its matt but honestly we didnt look closely enough. Will make it a point to go see when we drop by and update you

How exciting for you both! :)

Yah I know! Must resist the urge not to go down everyday. Luckily now no lights up so cant visit at nights lol

• Like 1

Seems like you are going to hack 1 room and use it as WIW?

From the 3D, the layout still look pretty much like 3 rooms, so really need hacking?

Service yard window and door removed but why not the wall as well?

Full length table top looks more roomy and spacious.

yah we are going to hack away a portion of the adjoining room's wall so that both rooms are connected but still leave enough space to mount tv on the wall. (Sorry my explanation sucks!)

Yah we were thinking of removing the wall but in the end still prefer have some partition for the yard

Btw your t-blog is awesome! started my taobao shopping after reading it!

yah we are going to hack away a portion of the adjoining room's wall so that both rooms are connected but still leave enough space to mount tv on the wall. (Sorry my explanation sucks!)

Yah we were thinking of removing the wall but in the end still prefer have some partition for the yard

Btw your t-blog is awesome! started my taobao shopping after reading it!

Purely personal opinion = If you are hacking only a portion of the wall to make a door then sealing the adjacent room door.

I really feel it is a little redundant. Might as well keep the room but convert it into a wardrobe room.

Line both side of the wall with wardrobe, you may even have an island in the middle for small accessories like the showcase.

And then add a study table right under the window, it may even fit 2 pax.

This way, you keep your rooms intact, with a big wardrobe and also a study corner for net surfing and gaming.

One reason is to keep resale value, next is to have a room ready for future usage.

Having a spare room for 1/2 kids, parents/friends visiting etc.

Having the partition is fine however I feel without it, more light will come in the kitchen.

Also there is more free play to plan for the kitchen as well. With the partition, some space are wasted and under utilized

Thanks for the compliment, glad my blog helps! :jammin:

Furniture Post

Window shopping at quite a few furniture places, shortlisted several items but in the end, we bought most of our key furniture from Castlery.com. There may be many other stores with much more unique pieces but the price difference was too hard to swallow; no choice lah first home so budget a bit lah counselled ourselves that work a few more years than "upgrade" furniture, anyway furniture relatively easier to replace haha

Our views on some of the stores we visited

Journey East: Love the furniture here but too pricey for us.Do visit if you are into industrial-chic theme and willing to go "all in". The service was excellent; super passionate manager walked us thru the store, giving us ideas and suggestions on furniture pairing (also immediately offered ID discount). when I have enough $$$ next time...

Mountain Teak: Another store with great industrial style furniture, price also equally nice haha..though my ID felt that this store was overpriced, given the quality.

Commune: Classic, pretty but "safe" designs.Service non-existent, we were basically ignored all the times we visited.

Ethnicraft: Cool, wood furniture. Didnt really suit our theme but nice service

Hommage Lifestyle: Another place with great service, manager patiently explained the different range of furniture available. Must visit if you like Japanese style pieces. Prices are quite ok for certain brands.

Galanga Living: very very cool shop but a tad too messy, didnt quite know how to start looking haha nice place to find statement pieces like metal file cabinets.

Castlery: Reasonably priced, chic pieces. Service was ok given how busy the place was when we visited

What we bought

15940483709_3252c8bd34.jpg

Dining table + bench, cant see clearly from the picture but top is made of stone. Husband fell in love at first sight (yes im blogging from his account haha) so had to get it, plus half price as compared to what we previously shortlisted!

15939260050_747d3a541c.jpg

L-shaped sofa, the promotional price came with an additional set of fabric in different color.

15939131308_d194ca5898.jpg

And dining chairs

Also bought a bed frame but cant find the picture online lol

Edited by Edwinlow7

Congrats on finding the dining table for your new home! :good: I am intrigued by the stone top. The sofa and chair look good too!

• Like 1

Hello! I'm also from topaz~ but 4 rm. Going for a little industrial feel too. Loving the furniture u shared here!

Edited by ringogogo

Some quick updates on the renovation progress. Walls have been hacked and air con trunking up and tiles are done! Although still left the skirting to be completed.

16307470892_db9c923d4f.jpg

Loving how our floor looks now

16306552331_6c779bb7bb.jpg

Toilet tiles, we have a "feature wall" at one side and the rest are the beige-y tiles. Quite a bad picture haha but I love how it turned out, given that we chose these tiles on a whim

16122482027_c1150d34ea.jpg

And our tv console, a raw concrete slab with exposed bricks (cant see much because its covered by the cardboard) + 10% done feature wall using craftbricks. Bought them from Malaysia and saved a bundle yay

15685911224_75be0301c5.jpg

TV console from the side.

Tile work should be done by next wk and then its carpentry!

Hello! I'm also from topaz~ but 4 rm. Going for a little industrial feel too. Loving the furniture u shared here!

Hi neighbor! Awesome, would love to see how your place turns out too!