Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Edwinlow7

Minimalist-Industrial At Punggol Topaz

4k for brick wall! That's about $29.50 per sq ft! Is that the market rate? My id charge me $8 per sqft only.

I think it is now... I spoke to a few friends who did it, around the same rate... But I could be wrong? Doesn't help that the price of craftbrick is increasing

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

thanks a bunch!! it's really helpful :) the one that i went to see with my ID in singapore was going to cost be $85/6wbulb :jawdrop: so ya..haha~

You might want to check out ecoled if u wanna get from sg.. I heard it's one of the lowest in sg. Glad it helped :)

I think it is now... I spoke to a few friends who did it, around the same rate... But I could be wrong? Doesn't help that the price of craftbrick is increasing

Yeah, I think that's the market rate.. mine is 18ft long for $3.2k..

We got no car to go in jb buy our own craftstone..

20150213_170704.jpg

Made our first big purchase over the weekend! Popped down to Expo to "sleep" on several mattresses, ended up getting one from Magic Koil. Was within our budget and great service from the sales promoter (Susan).

Btw, anyone has reviews on magicseal - the window mesh that keeps away insects ? Am paranoid about bugs esp lizards and am super tempted to get those installed.

magic koil! one of our local, singaporean brands. :)

oh, there's some discussion for windowmesh here: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/magic-seal-mosquito-window-panel-4540462.html

Edited by andrewlow78

Progress has been a bit slow due to CNY break also lazy to update but I shall attempt to revive this t-blog.

Some pictures from the past 2 weeks

16587498829_7680b6796f_c.jpg

The fans are up! We got the crestar fans from Phylux. I like them cos they are so cute and small. Btw, the customer service by Phylux was pretty horrid.

16586077988_8e900febfd_c.jpg

Installation of the wardrobes and the vanity table (the "hole" in the middle of the table will be a mirror that can be flipped up). Cant wait to have my Carrie Bradshaw moment here

16566373087_655b2822a8_c.jpg

Sealing up of the air-con pipes

16153716093_ac8dd9394b_c.jpg

Shoe cabinet + additional storage by the door. The empty spaces in the cabinet and the space below the bench/tv console area will be filled up by remaining craftbricks. We were not too pleased with the workmanship of our brick wall, luckily our ID was pretty cool about it and asked his contractor to re-do the problematic areas.

This week will be finishing up the remainder of the carpentry and then furniture + electronics will be in! Coming to the end of our renovation journey soon and we cant wait!

Oh yes, we also did 2 more rounds of TB shopping (seriously addictive!) Will post more pictures when the contractors install the TB items.

Edited by Edwinlow7

A couple more updates, suddenly everything is speeding up. We decided to pop by at 9ish pm last night and was surprised to find workers still working!

16169619163_94327be8ba.jpg

16601975888_74753c0a82.jpg

Painted bomb shelter door and door frames. The bomb shelter door is chalkboard paint while the rest of the frames are in matte black. The ID gave us a choice between glossy (not as nice but last longer) and matte (looks nicer but need to touch up often). First time home owners of course we chose aesthetics over practicality hah

16789555355_716242d05f.jpg

Another layer of chalk board paint on the kitchen wall too

16601976798_c9903b20ff.jpg

Brick wall in the process of being re-done. Also the new bricks filled into the empty spaces in the shoe cabinet + below the console

Looking good on your 3D and the progress. I see that you had bought many stuff from taobao. So am I! Now still waiting got the shipment. Do post more updates Ya!!

Lovely sofa! May i know where is it from? Thanks!

Thanks! Its from Castlery :)

Looking good on your 3D and the progress. I see that you had bought many stuff from taobao. So am I! Now still waiting got the shipment. Do post more updates Ya!!

Thanks! Yes taobao is addictive. We just made our 4th round of purchase and still adding more stuff to cart. Would love to see your loot too!

DIY "Feature" Wall

If you noticed on the 3D drawings, our ID had initially proposed for us to have 2 feature walls - one in the master bedroom and one in the living room. However we werent a fan of stucco walls so we decided on craftstone brick wall for the living room (no money for both rooms lol). Still the masterbedroom looked a bit bare and we wanted to do something, did some googling and came across the easiest and cheapest way to jazz up our wall. Not an arts-n-craft person at all so key word was easy haha.

16799365522_41be50da42.jpg

Before: sticking masking tape on the wall

16178132954_244ff1875b.jpg

Before part 2: masking tape pattern done. Took us about 30 mins

16798858275_fcd900ed5c.jpg

After: 2 coats of paint later.

I thought it turned out really well and I really like it alot. Best of all, if you make a mistake/dont like it after awhile can just simply paint over.

Hi Edwin, Can i know how are you designing your master toilet?

The design of master toilet seems weird to me due to floor trap and shower and different ends.

Hi, do you mind sharing your ID contact? And quote or the total cost? Thank you.

On a side note, your DIY MBR feature wall is really impressive!

Thanks! Have DM-ed you!

Hi Edwin, Can i know how are you designing your master toilet?

The design of master toilet seems weird to me due to floor trap and shower and different ends.

The entire left side of our toilet is the shower and separated by a shower screen but the master toilet is really very tiny, hardly any space regardless of what you do zzz..anyway will try to take a pic soon

So we are partially moved in! Finally! There are still some more bits and pieces to be installed (mostly because they are on the way from Taobao) and lots of stuff to be unpacked so pardon the mess.

Some pictures here and there

16829822161_27b0c7af71.jpg

Loving our shoe cabinet laminate (pardon the loose wires, electrician was installing led strip lights )

16805030686_ee4a3053a7.jpg

Grey doors against our grey tiles against grey toilet tiles. I love grey so most of my home is grey ( despite protest from my ID for some color haha)

16643327608_ef8bac47cb.jpg

Walk in wardrobe with vanity table. ID designed such that the top of the table can be flipped to reveal a mirror.

16644777859_7703f2b1f8.jpg

"Railway track" shelving in my cabinets so that the heights can be easily adjusted. Loving this. Quite pleased with the workmanship of the carpentry too

16208550984_57d9f00b6a.jpg

TV wall of the MBR. Another design by the ID to hide all unsightly wires. Holes were created in the wall (that lead out to the wardrobe on the other side) for all the wires. The cubby holes also allowed us to put stuff like tv box, dvd player etc

• Like 1