Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Edwinlow7

Minimalist-Industrial At Punggol Topaz

Quick review of 2 more Taobao stuff bought

16643330798_050fd34638.jpg

Toilet Roll holder. (Link)

Pros - Looks good, and the wooden 'shelf' was pretty useful for putting stuff like your handphone lol

Cons- The wooden shelf was obviously larger than what was shown in the stock picture, also can be quite flimsy and needs to be tightened.

16852429902_8cb0568e9f.jpg

Cushion Cover (First two with the prints) (Link)

So this was another DIY. I bought plain cushion covers and got my sister who sells screenprinted t-shirts(DODT) to screen print on them. Turned out pretty cute!

Pros- Good quality. Get the 45cm x 45cm ones and you can buy the Ikea $4.90 cushions for them.

Cons- Sister commented that material a tad thick to screen print well

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Edwin,

Do you mind sending me your reno quote and id contact?

Also, may I know where you got your bedframe from?

Hi Wandeee,

Have PM-ed you.

The bedframe we got from Castlery

Furniture Post

Window shopping at quite a few furniture places, shortlisted several items but in the end, we bought most of our key furniture from Castlery.com. There may be many other stores with much more unique pieces but the price difference was too hard to swallow; no choice lah first home so budget a bit lah counselled ourselves that work a few more years than "upgrade" furniture, anyway furniture relatively easier to replace haha

Our views on some of the stores we visited

Journey East: Love the furniture here but too pricey for us.Do visit if you are into industrial-chic theme and willing to go "all in". The service was excellent; super passionate manager walked us thru the store, giving us ideas and suggestions on furniture pairing (also immediately offered ID discount). when I have enough $$$ next time...

Mountain Teak: Another store with great industrial style furniture, price also equally nice haha..though my ID felt that this store was overpriced, given the quality.

Commune: Classic, pretty but "safe" designs.Service non-existent, we were basically ignored all the times we visited.

Ethnicraft: Cool, wood furniture. Didnt really suit our theme but nice service

Hommage Lifestyle: Another place with great service, manager patiently explained the different range of furniture available. Must visit if you like Japanese style pieces. Prices are quite ok for certain brands.

Galanga Living: very very cool shop but a tad too messy, didnt quite know how to start looking haha nice place to find statement pieces like metal file cabinets.

Castlery: Reasonably priced, chic pieces. Service was ok given how busy the place was when we visited

What we bought

15940483709_3252c8bd34.jpg

Dining table + bench, cant see clearly from the picture but top is made of stone. Husband fell in love at first sight (yes im blogging from his account haha) so had to get it, plus half price as compared to what we previously shortlisted!

15939260050_747d3a541c.jpg

L-shaped sofa, the promotional price came with an additional set of fabric in different color.

15939131308_d194ca5898.jpg

And dining chairs

Also bought a bed frame but cant find the picture online lol

Wah! I love your sofa!

Great find! Have you tried it? How is it?

Looking good on your taobao purchases.. I'm also addicted with taobao. Lol. Would like to check with you. Have you installed the kitchen sink? Do you use their sink drainage trap? because I notice that most of the local drainage trap are mostly hard casing, but taobao are all soft type. When you buy the sink, your plumper will expect you to provide the drainage trap or they will provide?

Edited by HansamuQ

So we are partially moved in! Finally! There are still some more bits and pieces to be installed (mostly because they are on the way from Taobao) and lots of stuff to be unpacked so pardon the mess.

Some pictures here and there

16829822161_27b0c7af71.jpg

Loving our shoe cabinet laminate (pardon the loose wires, electrician was installing led strip lights )

This looks AWESOME!

Wah! I love your sofa!

Great find! Have you tried it? How is it?

Thanks! Yes I really like it, very comfortable. You may wish to go down to Castlery to test it out yourself :)

hi edwin, can share your ID contact and quote pls? Thanks!

Hi elyse, have PM-ed you.

Looking good on your taobao purchases.. I'm also addicted with taobao. Lol. Would like to check with you. Have you installed the kitchen sink? Do you use their sink drainage trap? because I notice that most of the local drainage trap are mostly hard casing, but taobao are all soft type. When you buy the sink, your plumper will expect you to provide the drainage trap or they will provide?

Yes we have installed the sink and we used their sink drainage trap. I am not too familiar with the casing actually we just passed everything to our contractor to install. The sink is working well, no issues.

This looks AWESOME!

Thanks!!

Hey Edwin. Possible to have a pic of your master toilet? Really short of ideas for that bathroom. I'm already changing the door to a Bi-fold one.

Thanks! Have DM-ed you!

The entire left side of our toilet is the shower and separated by a shower screen but the master toilet is really very tiny, hardly any space regardless of what you do zzz..anyway will try to take a pic soon

Hey Edwin. Possible to have a pic of your master toilet? Really short of ideas for that bathroom. I'm already changing the door to a Bi-fold one.

Hi, sorry for the lat reply.

Here are some pictures, the bathroom is pathetically small so I had some trouble taking photos...

17081307016_5b6df700f7.jpg

Shower screen

17106614541_532375be24.jpg

With our shower head

17105749242_a8f8f6f566.jpg

Vanity table + mirror (pardon the mess)

Hi,

Can PM me ur I'D contacts and quotation?

Thanks!!

sure will PM you.

Some quick updates on the renovation progress. Walls have been hacked and air con trunking up and tiles are done! Although still left the skirting to be completed.

16307470892_db9c923d4f.jpg

Loving how our floor looks now

16306552331_6c779bb7bb.jpg

Toilet tiles, we have a "feature wall" at one side and the rest are the beige-y tiles. Quite a bad picture haha but I love how it turned out, given that we chose these tiles on a whim

16122482027_c1150d34ea.jpg

And our tv console, a raw concrete slab with exposed bricks (cant see much because its covered by the cardboard) + 10% done feature wall using craftbricks. Bought them from Malaysia and saved a bundle yay

15685911224_75be0301c5.jpg

TV console from the side.

Tile work should be done by next wk and then its carpentry!

Hi, may i ask how much were you quoted for this concrete slab?

We are looking at a similar concept too :) TIA

Hi, may i ask how much were you quoted for this concrete slab?

We are looking at a similar concept too :) TIA

Hi! Sorry for the late reply! have pm-ed you.