Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nirvani

Simple & Natural - Japan Theme 4 Room

Very interesting concept! thanks for sharing. I actually toyed with the idea of Japan theme too but the real Japan home will have decking throughout the house and it cost a lot after quote from ID. So decided to drop the idea.

Also have to overlay the current tiles with wood ones, very expensive so i can now only see others :)

Cheers~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Congrats on getting your keys! Something different, can't wait to see your updated pictures :P

Thanks! Yes I think industrial/scandi is too common nowadays. And it seems everyone has a craft brick wall in their living room! I will be having just a plain wall in my living, oh dear lol.

Collection of some lights for me to keep in mind. Planning to get all my lights from Taobao. I walked the entire length of Balestier visiting all the lighting shops, and realised that all the lights they display are ripped off from Taobao, only with a super high markup.

TB19fAVFFXXXXbCaVXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic

1010117591_1831573012.310x310.jpg

1679323844_1502259817.310x310.jpg

TB1A8ohGVXXXXbMXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic

04(785).jpg

20131023143220-39ecacbb_290.jpg

Paid deposit on LG Artcool Platinum white color with Best Tech. Yes heard many bad reviews about this company but I signed up anyway due to their competitive pricing and flexibility in allowing me to change to other brand aircon whenever I want, as long as I give advanced notice. They are also using the Yamato denki contiguous piping that doesn't need to be connected with masking tape like traditional armaflex. Masking tape is a point of failure, no matter how thick or good quality the armaflex insulation is. Sounds logical to me.

LG Artcool Platinum White System 4

medium04.jpg

Should I change to Mitsubishi instead? Sitting on the fence on this one.. If I change I also get a discount as mitsubishi is 200 cheaper than the LG

Edited by nirvani

Bought a home automation controller, a door sensor and a smart plug to test out. Intending to automate my new home, like having the lights come on automatically in the evenings or go off when we go to sleep or go out, knowing when someone opens the door or Windows as security measure, etc. The possibilities are endless! No more slapping your forehead when you forget to swith off the lights when you go on vacation..

Managed to setup a simple scene for my current bedroom. Can't wait to get more sensors and devices when I do my renovation.

V6sUGrA.jpg

Hi nirvani, I paid deposit with Best Tech too, for Mitsubishi sys4. Was also given flexibility to choose but it's between Electric Starmex or HI. =D Got Yamato insulation as well but I'm thinking if can change to 1/2' instead of 3/8'.

We got most of our stuff from Scanteak. I know teak isn't exactly in line with our theme, but we just couldn't pass up solid wood furniture at those promotional prices. Besides, its really hard to find light oak furniture in Singapore. I came across Hommage Lifestyle and would have gotten the complete set of their Japanese furniture, if I had not already bought all of these! Argh... :bangwall:

Scanteak Flip TV Console

The only piece we bought from Scanteak that isn't solid wood. Should I change this for the Prologue range TV console? We still have some time to decide...

50039_FILIP_180SB_-_424.jpg

Scanteak Slank Dining Table 150cm

20317SLANKdiningtable424.jpg

Scanteak Kontour Chair

Bought 2 pieces, comes with free seat cushions.

20823_KONTUR_424.jpg

Scanteak Prologue Duo Bench

Originally intended to get all Prologue range, but after seeing it in person, decided that some of the items like the sofa were too small. If we had a 3 room BTO I would probably buy the range.

In the end, the bench was the only thing from Prologue that we got.

21016_Duo_Bench_424.jpg

Scanteak Lifestyle Display Unit

Intending to place this in front of the main entrance, since we have no more budget to engage ID to do a customised partition. This was bought on promo price. We'll see what happens.

display-unit-424.jpg

We also went to Hommage to check out their Japanese oak wood furnitures. Another place which you can consider is Ethnicraft. But all their prices are steep.

Scanteak choice is good, I think it will last generations when furniture are taken care of. We bought Scanteak pieces too.

Hi ringogogo, have you installed your aircon yet? How is it going? How was Best tech service?

I am only going to be starting reno soon.

Hi nirvani, I paid deposit with Best Tech too, for Mitsubishi sys4. Was also given flexibility to choose but it's between Electric Starmex or HI. =D Got Yamato insulation as well but I'm thinking if can change to 1/2' instead of 3/8'.

I went to those places you mentioned as well but the prices were prohibitive.

The Japanese pieces although nice, don't seem to work very well for HDB scale. It looks a bit strange in a HDB, I can't put a finger on it. Also the they are rather pricey..

We didn't like Ethnicraft at all, as the furniture were all so expensive and the surface has that rough unfinished feeling. It might be designer or environmentally friendly, but its not for us.

We also went to Hommage to check out their Japanese oak wood furnitures. Another place which you can consider is Ethnicraft. But all their prices are steep.

Scanteak choice is good, I think it will last generations when furniture are taken care of. We bought Scanteak pieces too.