Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ZYQ

U-home Interior Design

Hi i am currently discussing wif June from IMM br. Any1 has any previous experience wif her? I am looking at whole hse reno for a resale 4rm, was quoted almost 30k.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hihi :bangwall:

anyone engaged U-Home Interior Design before?

need your verdicts, plz :sport-smiley-018:

I have engaged Johnny from U-Home and the work will start by end of April. As others have mentioned Johnny is not the best orator but is confident and my friends whom i trust said Johnny has provided good service & mainly workmanship (I saw the work he did, It is good ). He did my friend's place almost 3 years ago and it still looks nice & new. My friend highly recommended him. I spoke to 2 more of his earlier clients and both of them have only good things to say about him.

The thing with Johnny is the first impression is not so good, He sounds blunt and inflexible. His first quotation was also bit high for me but I noticed his quotation was also more to the points that I had discussed, that shows he listens very carefully. Unlike some IDs who just gave me a standard copy & paste quotation from other client and did not even bother to hide that other client's name from some parts of quotation given to me.

Anyways my point is since my friend had warned me abt Johnny personality and style, I had done my home work and did even better presentation than Johnny to make him understand what I want, how I want and how much budget he has to work with.

I believe a similar experience on a fellow forummer's blog http://ynmrenovationprep.blogspot.com/2005...01_archive.html also shows the first impression of the ID she chose was not good but now she highly recommends him.

I hope my house too turns out nice. :-)

I could have avoided posting here as person needed the info way back in Jan 07 but may be someone in future does the search on u-home can read my 2 cents worth.

My house is renovated by them. My ID is Johnny. Very experienced and responsible ID. Never fail to pick up your calls and solve any problems or questions asked.

He may not be that eloquent, and quite blunt with his words. but nevertheless he is totally committed to your renovation, taking it as it is own house.

Xin Ming is the one who do curtains at IMM. Service is good and efficient but price is a bit steep. Did not choose them as my curtain installer.

Johnny is my id. As explain in my previous post.

Yes.. Johnny is good. U-Home is one of the ID Firm that can be trusted. Just get the right sales man will do.

Look for Johnny.

I went to U-Home (Paya Lebar) twice (1st time around early Jan/2007 and 2nd time around early Apr/2007) and spoke to 2 different ID. Showed them my floor plan and gave them some ideas of what we wanted. And none of them got back to us at all. I supposed they are not hungry enough. Fyi.... we are looking to do full renovation to our 166 sqm HDB and we have the budget. No follow-up and absolutely nothing from U-Home on both visits to their showrooms. I GAVE UP!:sport-smiley-004:

I went to U-Home (Paya Lebar) twice (1st time around early Jan/2007 and 2nd time around early Apr/2007) and spoke to 2 different ID. Showed them my floor plan and gave them some ideas of what we wanted. And none of them got back to us at all. I supposed they are not hungry enough. Fyi.... we are looking to do full renovation to our 166 sqm HDB and we have the budget. No follow-up and absolutely nothing from U-Home on both visits to their showrooms. I GAVE UP!:D

Did you try to talk to johnny ?

Did you spoke to Ms Mavis. We got quotation from her and really comfortable with her. She is very responsible and try her best to follow up. She based in both office (PayaLebar & IMM).

I went to U-Home (Paya Lebar) twice (1st time around early Jan/2007 and 2nd time around early Apr/2007) and spoke to 2 different ID. Showed them my floor plan and gave them some ideas of what we wanted. And none of them got back to us at all. I supposed they are not hungry enough. Fyi.... we are looking to do full renovation to our 166 sqm HDB and we have the budget. No follow-up and absolutely nothing from U-Home on both visits to their showrooms. I GAVE UP!:rolleyes:

hv u signed up with Mavis?

Did you spoke to Ms Mavis. We got quotation from her and really comfortable with her. She is very responsible and try her best to follow up. She based in both office (PayaLebar & IMM).

• Like 1

Hi i am currently discussing wif June from IMM br. Any1 has any previous experience wif her? I am looking at whole hse reno for a resale 4rm, was quoted almost 30k.

i had my house done by June..she's a v detailed person and i'm v satisfied wif her work..my reno cost 18K for a 5-rm premium flat..her quote was not the cheapest but i was most comfortable dealing wif her cos she is v v detailed..right down to work plan..can PM me if u wan to see pics of my hse..

newbie here as well..hopefully dun get ;)

Uhome quote not the lowest, but me and wife find comfortable talking to ID and she took down our requirements and gave a quotation/design based on our requirement.. besides price, i thk being comfortable to communicate with ID is impt so that can work together more efficiently. So far so gd..

Hi,

I have also recvd the quotation from u-home but not sure how reliable and trustworthy r they?

Thanks

Uhome quote not the lowest, but me and wife find comfortable talking to ID and she took down our requirements and gave a quotation/design based on our requirement.. besides price, i thk being comfortable to communicate with ID is impt so that can work together more efficiently. So far so gd..

I am having another appointment this wknd.... my id is Henry..

wat abt u?

so far only gv the quotes but no design's yet... wanna to see how it will be...

:wacko:

I just signed up with June from IMM. Find her quite friendly, and her ideas are quite practical. She brought us to a few show flat, and find their worksmanship quite ok. Hope everything will be good when she starts our reno.

I just signed up with June from IMM. Find her quite friendly, and her ideas are quite practical. She brought us to a few show flat, and find their worksmanship quite ok. Hope everything will be good when she starts our reno.

can PM me June contact?

:dancingqueen: