Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
derberg

Wiring Wire Advice

Hi,

Previously I guess reno electrician used a lower grade wire (snap when you pull). During this 3 years, they have to change the wire on those downlights for 4 times and this is frustrating to us.

Now I wanted to change all my downlights to LED downlights, how do I ensure my electrician is using better quality wire when rewiring?

Or is it better I buy the residential wire (14/2 NM-B recommended by friend in USA) from USA store for the electrician? Does Singapore use the same type of wire as in USA standard? Or anyone knows where can I get a better quality made wire in Singapore?

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

but how do I know they are using good quality high insulation wire? I was told by a friend that the year I do reno, there's few lousy batch of wire in the market and unfortunately this seem to happen to me. Rewiring is expensive and I hope to get it all done nice this time.

I'm sorry I have limited knowledge on the grades of wire even if I'm an elec engg. I would start with a good and reputable electrician and then ask him questions about it. In the line I work I'm more concerns about connectors then wires so I can't give you a good answer. There are a few threads on electricians you can start from there, I'm sorry I couldn't help you better.

I use this type of wire for all downlights and T5 tube.

gallery_62932_509_18995.jpg

gallery_62932_509_119527.jpg

If you want premium grade wires, check out LHS Electronics in Sim Lim Tower. I bought most of my DIY audio grade coax cables, speaker cables and interconnects from there. But, for lighting wires, just buy a normal type like the one shown in the attached photos.

• Like 1

I use this type of wire for all downlights and T5 tube.

gallery_62932_509_18995.jpg

gallery_62932_509_119527.jpg

If you want premium grade wires, check out LHS Electronics in Sim Lim Tower. I bought most of my DIY audio grade coax cables, speaker cables and interconnects from there. But, for lighting wires, just buy a normal type like the one shown in the attached photos.

Hi wyx03,
can check with you what brand of wire is that and did you also buy from LSh?