Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
solarspy

Sequence Of Renovation Work

Hi All,

Please share with us what is the recommended sequence of work for a typical hdb renovation project.

I was thinking: painting, window grill, air-con, cabinet.

My ID proposed doing the window grill first. But I feel that the paint job should be first.

Then, touch up paint again after every finished.

Any views welcomed. Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Well if you ask me, i would suggest grill 1st because, there will be touch up works after installation of Window Grill. so might as well paint later. In my case, there was some damage to the wall near ceiling area, ( chipped off ). So they repaired by using cement. The paint will be uneven if your contractor does not paint properly.

My contractor painted for me first before I called the grill person down cause he didn't want any paint on my grill. the grill installation posed no problems for me. He also helped me supervise cause he also installed carpentry while my grill contractor installed the grills. After everything installed, general clean up and touching up of walls. for chipping he will plaster, not with cement but the whiter and softer one they use to patch holes. After patching he painted over and it looked perfect.

He told me for patching they will straighten out to uniform with the wall before painting over.